What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons golf day at Beverley Park GC tomorrow from 8:00am.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Well done, Como.

As a teenager, I use to 'live' down at Beverley Park.
I played a lot of army golf there.................... left, right, left, right, left, right........repeat ad nauseum.

Seriously though, many fond memories of the place.
If my memory serves me correct, as a 16 year old, I shot and albatross on the 16th ( par 4) ...... total fluke but hey, they all count. As a counter balance, I put many a ball over Ramsgate road onto Sans Souci football field. I played for them for about 5 years on that ground.

I can still remember Greg Norman working in the pro shop ( as a trainee ) and good old Billy McWilliam was the pga professional there for over 30 years. Lovely gentleman.

Again, many fond memories.

Last edited:

Drakon

Juniors
Well done, Como.

I played a lot of army golf there.................... left, right, left, right, left, right........repeat ad nauseum.

If my memory serves me correct, as a 16 year old, I shot and albatross on the 16th ( par 4) ...... total fluke but hey, they all count. As a counter balance, I put many a ball over Ramsgate road onto Sans Souci football field. I played for them for about 5 years on that ground.

I can still remember Greg Norman working in the pro shop ( as a trainee ) and good old Billy McWilliam was the pga professional there for over 30 years. Lovely gentleman.

I spent a fair bit of time at Beverley Park myself. Our other two favoured courses were Bexley and Bardwell Valley.

I too remember the course pro Billy McWilliam - and remember attending a golf clinic at the course when I was about 12.

Brings back some fond memories!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I spent a fair bit of time at Beverley Park myself. Our other two favoured courses were Bexley and Bardwell Valley.

I too remember the course pro Billy McWilliam - and remember attending a golf clinic at the course when I was about 12.

Brings back some fond memories!

Very good, mate.
Yes, played a many a game at Bexley but not as many at Bardwell Valley.
Climbing those hills at Bexley really wore a person out and for what ............. a cricket score!

gitano

Juniors
Well done, Como.

Nice one mate. An albatross on a par 4 is a hole in one though. Impressive either way!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Nice one mate. An albatross on a par 4 is a hole in one though. Impressive either way!

Sorry, score two on a par four.
A Caddyshack special.
Cinderella story, boy from Kogarah,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Its in the hole.................really!

caddyshack.jpg

Old Timer

Coach
Well done, Como.

My brother and I played many many games at Beverly Park in school holidays and indeed old Bill was a champion fellow and rarely ever charged us for a second round if we were up to it.
Standard set was a 3,5,7 putter with a 2 Wood in a pencil bag and we used to carry the bag on our shoulders and run between shots.
The blind par 3 around the canal was a particular favourite hole.
If you were on the putting green having a practise and the course was quiet Bill would come out and have a little putting comp with you.
Interesting story about Bill Mc William is that evidently David Graham turned up there as a talented young left hander and Bill suggested that left handers very rarely ever win big tournaments and convinced him to learn to play right handed and of course Graham went on to win a major.

Latest posts