What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Comings and Goings - The Transit Lounge

Headless Chook

Juniors
Well now that Gordon has gone they need to sort out who is going to take on the goal kicking responsibilities. I’m guessing that will fall to Reece Robinson with SST/Mitchell as backups. Not ideal, but that’s all I can think of. Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Be handy to do a comparison between 2016 and 2017 to see how many games we won on the back of Gordon’s sharpshooting last year. I’m guessing it put us in the Eight.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I don't think Robinson will be in our top 17. He's likely first back up at this stage.

I reckon SST will have the goalkicking duties with Latrell taking over when he's on the bench.

Slim pickings indeed.

Well now that Gordon has gone they need to sort out who is going to take on the goal kicking responsibilities. I’m guessing that will fall to Reece Robinson with SST/Mitchell as backups. Not ideal, but that’s all I can think of. Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Be handy to do a comparison between 2016 and 2017 to see how many games we won on the back of Gordon’s sharpshooting last year. I’m guessing it put us in the Eight.

I would not be banking on Reece Robinson as a first string goal kicker. His accuracy for goals kicked in first grade is a whopping 48.15% (see his entry at the Rugby League Project if you doubt me) :eek: Also I agree with Tommy Smith, I doubt he will be in the side much.

Latrell Mitchell is the only prospective candidate who is likely to be in the starting side. As such I predict he'll do the goal kicking until SST comes on the field.

Valheru

Coach

I don't think it was that extreme of a difference. His accuracy probably put us in the top 4 though.

In any event, goal kicking wasn't the only reason we lost so many close games in 2016 nor was it the only reason we won the close games in 2017 but it is very important and we need a suitable solution.

I thought SST showed promise and improvement in the back end of 2016, the hurricane game against Wests comes to mind. As others have said though, he doesn't play the whole game which leaves Latrell who has a whopping boot but can't seem to get decent contact when he is aiming at a particular target.

This might be a bit left field but what about Cooper Cronk? I appreciate he hasn't done it before in 1st grade (he hasn't had to) but one would think he has some skill with it and being the professional he is, I would at least look at him in the offseason and get him to work on it.

I would also have a look at Keary. Full tryout mode lol

Keary has never taken so much as one goal kick in his first grade career (source, click here), whilst Cronk has taken 6 shots at goal kicking 1 for an accuracy rating of 16.67% (source for Cronk, click here). Becoming a good goal kicker takes years of practice, not a month or two, hence neither Keary nor Cronk are realistic options.

Headless Chook

Juniors
All valid comments fellas. The years when we’ve had a decent goal kicker it was almost a given that 4 points turned into 6. Not any more.

Maybe Robbo has a sneaky plan up his sleeve where we score 6 tries a game and defend our arses off.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Completely off topic, and didn't want to start a thread on it, but wtf is with the Souffs forum?

Holy f**k are they all geniused or something?

I've been checking in occasionally for any potential info on Angus but holy shit, their fanbase has more mongs than the rest combined.

It's like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest over there. Help me out @OVP, is Redfern riddled with meth or something?

Daza06

Juniors
When STT kicks he doesn't have any wild misses and is quite consistent while with Mitchell he can strike them well, but also puts them all over the place.

Playing devils advocate here but what if we moved STT to lock and Liu to prop giving STT more game time and becoming the primary goalkicker. Then when off the pitch Mitchell takes over...

Valheru

Coach
Completely off topic, and didn't want to start a thread on it, but wtf is with the Souffs forum?

I've been checking in occasionally for any potential info on Angus but holy shit, their fanbase has more mongs than the rest combined.

It's like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest over there. Help me out @OVP, is Redfern riddled with meth or something?

You inspired me to have a look Tommy and you're not wrong, it's like a mental asylum in there.

They seem to be in full meltdown mode for some reason.

OVP

Coach

Actually Redfern IS riddled with Meth, but it's mostly R20 and his small band of autist mates who are so thick, well it's pretty pointless discussing things with, so ridicule is the preferred method of communication. Most are ok to talk footy with but R20 is the thickest though, he even thinks us releasing Nikorima is some sort of crime. Dude swallows so much bile about our club, he's going to need an operation soon. His implosion abnout Angus, though, is rather amusing to watch. Dude could quite possibly self-immolate in protest if we sign him :D.

Valheru

Coach
Just waiting for when they announce a cap on TPA's......

The looks on the faces of the Rorters hierarchy shall be priceless..........

Oh come thou day!!!!!!!!!!

@southsport @Souths Till I Die

Not sure what effect you are expecting from this. Players will still choose the roosters because unlike souths they know they are going to a professional and well run club.

That's all ignoring the recent report that we apparently are nowhere near the top in terms of TPAs

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not sure what effect you are expecting from this. Players will still choose the roosters because unlike souths they know they are going to a professional and well run club.

That's all ignoring the recent report that we apparently are nowhere near the top in terms of TPAs
Nice troll attempt matey...... nice arrogance....

But let's look at what your players are worth including upgrades that have happened and are currently in negotiations......

Tedesco 1 million
Tupou 350k
Mitchell 350k
Ferguson 500k
Keary 700k
Cronk 1 million
Napa 700k
Hargreaves 550k
Friend 700-750k
Cordner 800k

That's already like 6.6 mil....

Add Crichton for 700k........

Plus add Taukaeiho and Liu who are international players plus Aubusson and that takes you over 8 mil pushing 8.3-8.4......

Then add Manu and Matterson who will need upgrades and you still have another 14 players to accommodate to make 30 plus then 6 development players.....

There has to be so many TPA's...........

Just compare this with all other 15 teams..........

The cap is meant to even the playing field but the TPA's are making it unfair....

Even Brisbane have nothing a roster like this......

How the f**k was Nikorima on 370k??????

We have Cody on 260k.......

Look at us in comparison:

GI 1 mil
Gagai 650k
AJ 400k
Cody 260k
AR 750-800k
Farah 600k
Sam 800k
George 550k
Tom 550k

That leaves us on 5.6 mil so we have nearly 4 mil for the rest of our players........

Valheru

Coach

But let's look at what your players are worth including upgrades that have happened and are currently in negotiations......

Tedesco 1 million
Tupou 350k
Mitchell 350k
Ferguson 500k
Keary 700k
Cronk 1 million
Napa 700k
Hargreaves 550k
Friend 700-750k
Cordner 800k

That's already like 6.6 mil....

Plus add Taukaeiho and Liu who are international players plus Aubusson and that takes you over 8 mil pushing 8.3-8.4......

Then add Manu and Matterson who will need upgrades and you still have another 14 players to accommodate to make 30 plus then 6 development players.....

There has to be so many TPA's...........

Just compare this with all other 15 teams..........

The cap is meant to even the playing field but the TPA's are making it unfair....

Even Brisbane have nothing a roster like this......

How the f**k was Nikorima on 370k??????

We have Cody on 260k.......

Look at us in comparison:

GI 1 mil
Gagai 650k
AJ 400k
Cody 260k
AR 750-800k
Farah 600k
Sam 800k
George 550k
Tom 550k

That leaves us on 5.6 mil so we have nearly 4 mil for the rest of our players........

lol this is as funny as the first time you posted it in the souths forum.

I love a good breakdown on what opposition fans think we pay our players.

Reactions: OVP

Valheru

Coach
Nikorima is gone now. That gives us 350k more to play with in the cap plus our well known TPA drawing power.

Rabbits20 must be beside himself.

Galeforce

Bench

I do not care about this posting , however have focus on this. Sorry mate, stupid assumption. Souths would be offering more than that.

I have heard rumour today , the Rooster offer is $1m for 4 years. This I believe to be what is required to pry Angus from Souths. Whether Angus accepts this tainted money offer remains to be seen.

Latest posts