What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017/18 Premier League

Mong

Post Whore
Great start for Moysey

Keep up the great work mate, the League will be thankful for your efforts

"Moysey" has them going quite well. For once I agree with you, keep up the great work "moysey".

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona, Liverpool transfer news: Nike leak confirmed transfer fee, done deal
PREMIER LEAGUE

• December 31, 2017 12:26pm
  • by STAFF WRITERS
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

MzExMjIwMTcxfGN4by5jfGh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmZveHNwb3J0cy5jb20uYXUvcG1kL2ltYWdlcy8yMDE3LzEyLzMxLzY1ODQyMF82NDB4MzYwX2xhcmdlXzIwMTcxMjMxMDczNzMzLmpwZ3wzMTEyMjAxNzE=

Salah breaks Reds record

1:14
AN incredible Nike leak has seemingly confirmed Philippe Coutinho’s move to Barcelona as UK press reports a staggering £125m fee has been agreed.
The Liverpool ace was subbed off in the final minutes of the Reds’ 2-1 win over Leicester, just hours before the January transfer window opens, and now Coutinho looks set for his long mooted dream move.

The Brazilian was at the centre of a long Barca pursuit in the summer, with the La Liga giants having three bids rejected by Liverpool. Now, the Daily Express reports that a monster £125m ($216m) fee has been agreed, with the move to be completed this week.

In a horror PR blunder, Coutinho’s boot sponsor Nike accidentally confirmed the transfer on their website.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...l/news-story/d92a26b4c75a99e92c7e629437cbe7e4

saint.nick

Coach
It's the Daily Express...I mean I reckon that a deal will be agreed in January but I have feeling he won't move until the summer

Haffa

He's on Jorge Mendes' payroll. I don't know why so many people even pay attention to him.

saint.nick

Coach
He's on Jorge Mendes' payroll. I don't know why so many people even pay attention to him.
Unfortunately when you are bestowed such privileges as voting for FIFA manager of the year (and vote for Mourinho...), people take you seriously.

Haffa

This is too funny to hide in the Chelsea forum.

Everton.......

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-anderson-police-ross-barkley-everton-chelsea

The mayor of Liverpool has asked police to investigate whether Ross Barkley’s cut-price transfer from Everton to Chelsea constitutes fraud.

Barkley joined the champions last week for £15m having rejected a £35m move to Stamford Bridge on transfer deadline day in August. The move so incensed Joe Anderson, Liverpool’s elected mayor and a lifelong Evertonian, he posted a series of tweets on the day criticising Barkley and the player’s agent while calling on the Football Association and Premier League to investigate the deal.

Anderson has now written to the FA chairman, Greg Clarke, and the Premier League executive chairman, Richard Scudamore – in an official capacity and using mayor of Liverpool headed paper – alleging the transfer “could be seen as a deliberate attempt to drive down a player’s value in the transfer market so as to benefit the player, his agent and the buying club”. And he claims to have contacted “the appropriate police authorities” with a request they investigate the deal for fraud.

Barkley had six months remaining on his Everton contract and could have left on a free transfer at the end of this season. He pulled out of the move to Chelsea in August having ruptured a hamstring. Anderson describes the stated reason as “a groin strain”, yet Barkley needed surgery to reconnect the hamstring and has not played this season as a consequence.

In his letter to Scudamore and Clarke Anderson writes: “I believe the circumstance of his transfer now warrants serious investigation. There seems to me to be at least a public perception that collusion has taken place. While that may not be the case, it is in your interest this is at least looked at to reassure fans transfers will be monitored more closely and no individuals are benefiting inappropriately.

“Football fans are often treated as the forgotten minority and the Premier League would not be the fantastic product it is without them. Those committed fans pay exceptional ticket prices to watch their team play which I believe gives them a stake in this whole process, and they deserve the right to a degree of transparency.

“I am so concerned about the circumstances surrounding this transfer I am asking the appropriate police authorities to consider whether any fraud has taken place.”

Barkley’s £60,000-a-week wage with Everton is believed to have at least doubled at Chelsea, where he has signed a five-and-a-half-year contract.

Anderson was widely criticised on Twitter last week for using his mayoral position to criticise a transfer between two Premier League clubs. Everton have not registered any complaint over a deal they sanctioned but Anderson defends his efforts in the letter. He adds: “As a politician – and someone who supports and rightly welcomes scrutiny under the Nolan Principles – I feel it is right the public receive an assurance on this matter and that transfers are monitored more closely. I hope we can count on the sport’s governing bodies to provide those assurances.”

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
An injured player with a few months left on his contract ?

Not sure an investigation could possibly turn up anything.

If LFC were not interested, what has it got to do with them ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
because Jose needs to keep up his spending budget to bridge the gap with Citihad

Haffa

because Jose needs to keep up his spending budget to bridge the gap with Citihad
Paying a 29 year old £20m a year for the next 5 years is particularly smart business when you've spent 4 months coating off the opposition for spending too much.

It's £150m when you include transfer fee , signing on fee, agents fee, gold plated dogs bowls and £350k a week for 5 years ... and no resale value - he’ll be on up to £20m a year at 34

Latest posts