What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Ashes Test: Australia v England at the MCG, Dec 26-30 2017

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon we retain the ashes in England next time round - TPB

We stay unchanged for the MCG test? injures aside

Doesn't matter what poms do another belting awaits

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
changes for the poms ?

Broad and Ali have been crap

Starc has a heel injury but not sure how bad it is

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bird for Starc Id imagine, or is there a rally for Peter "the magnificent" Siddle to return at his home deck?

Bazal

Post Whore
Should rest Starc IMO. Not a fan of rotation but if it's a genuine niggle you'd hate to see it turn into a problem for the sake of an already won series...

For England, Gary Ballance to the rescue!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Doesn't matter what changes England make they'll still get flogged, there's no way they can take 20 wickets in Australia with attack. I'd like to see Crane come in.

some11

Referee
Provided we win the toss and bat you could gamble on that giving Starc enough time to rest up.

Hopefully Lyon's finger doesn't hamper him.

2 weeks

Coach
If they try and rest Starc from another Boxing Day Test (especially an Ashes Test) he'd lose his shit I reckon.

2 weeks

Coach
0158ff3fc8e6ce5ea589be930362f852

King hit

Coach
If Starc doesn't come through Bird will just slot straight in. Just looked at his shield figures and he has been coming up with some impressive figures.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Listening to the commentary yesterday from plastic face, he was suggesting that Cummings was bowling the short crap as he can be viewed as playing the enforcer roll similar to that of Notch.

If thats true I think its pretty dumb and not really maximising Paddy's ability as he is so much more than just an enforcer, he is quiet capable of taking as many wickets as the other 2.

I think we could have ended the game a lot earlier yesterday if we didn't waste all those short balls that the poms just ducked under and was never gonna get them out.

2 weeks

Coach
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/bf1dff71c48a9da1b98313b6946497df

NSW coach Brad Fittler wants Ashes-winning captain Steve Smith to inspire Blues’ State of Origin campaign
DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
December 18, 2017 6:52pm

STEVE Smith has been the driving force behind pulverising the Poms but his greatest challenge might be just around the corner — inspiring a NSW series win over Queensland in next year’s State of Origin series.

New Blues coach Brad Fittler hasn’t yet contacted Smith but he’s seriously considering asking Australia’s Test captain to enter Blues camp next year for an inspirational team talk — and maybe play some backyard cricket, too.

Smith’s footy hero while growing up was NSW coach Brad Fittler.

Fittler is also the reason Smith, and Test opener David Warner, are passionate Roosters members.

Fittler is equally as impressed by Smith, who continued on his Test run rampage with 239 against England in Perth.

“One hundred per cent,” Fittler said about bringing Smith into the NSW fold. “I want to catch up with Steve Smith, definitely.

“I couldn’t think of anyone better to come down and say hello. He bats like a good footy player. It’s not so much clinical but he just gets the job done. He is competitive.

“It would actually be good to watch him bat. There may not be super messages but it would be great to watch him play cricket. Watch him strut his stuff.

“That would be very impressive. If he does come down I will make sure there is a bat and ball there.

“He has been super impressive over the last couple of years. He has taken the game back to the blokes I used to watch — the Waugh brothers, Allan Border. Very combative.

“Some blokes have this great style where they look like everything is so smooth and sweet but he just gets in there and gets it done.

“Even in the field, I like watching him. His mannerisms and all that.”

Smith talked about his admiration for Fittler two years ago. Speaking with Sporting News Australia, Smith said: “He was my favourite player growing up, so he got me on the Roosters bandwagon.”

Asked if he ever cheered for a rival Sydney club, Smith said: “No, not really. That was it (the Fittler lure). I’m set for life.”

Fittler and Smith have met before.

“Watching him over the last couple of years, how he has grown, it’s been incredible,” Fittler said. “I have met him a couple of times but I don’t know him very well.

“He plays the player. He is competing against the player. That is what shines through and that’s why they have come good again.

“There’s no talk, it’s sport and beating the player.

“When I was coaching the Roosters, we used to play a cricket game against Easts and him and Warner used to play. Warner is a Roosters man, too.”

While overseas playing, Warner often tweets: “Go the Roosters!!!!”

But Warner’s wife, Candice, is a mad-keen South Sydney supporter.

2 weeks

Coach
I doubt Smith will take Freddy up on the offer.
He'd alienate half of his fan base.
Plus the Easts hate.

Eelectrica

Referee
So losing 9 out of 10 origin series isn't motivation for NSW?
QLD probably with DCE and Munster in the halves or Perhaps Morgan and Munster just for giggles.

Latest posts