What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus

kbw

Bench
Don't be confused about the $s Crichton is reported to have signed for. Yes its decent but its not the $1M a season being reported. The offer from Cronulla was the biggest and the Souths wasn't far off.

It would be easy to come on here and have a dig at Souths, but Crichton is a good kid and Souths have some real issues that could affect them for a long time.
There is a huge question mark over the new coach and a perception that he played a big part in the sacking of Maguire which despite popular internet opinion did not go down well with many players.

The biggest issue though is Richardson. Souths are losing talented kids hand over fist because Richardson is destroying you club from within. You need to get rid of him asap

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good morning callmack
Yes mate,definitely deflated the Christmas spirit some what.
I definitely don't want the flog in a Bunnies guernsey next year,give him to the scum now.
If you browse through Twitter and Facebook 90% of the comments want the prick running around with the Bears or out of the club all together.
Cheering on our team just won't be the same knowing that the flog is a f..king rorter wearing the mighty red & green.
I for one will be behind the southern goal posts at ANZ during the warm up giving him everything he deserves,which I would much prefer not bagging out a player in our colours,he has to go now!
Great post....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Umm no

The following players were part of the roosters salary cap for 2017 and are no longer at the club

Paul Carter
Dale Copley
Kane Evans
Michael Gordon
Aiden Guerra
SKD
Jackson Hastings (Not sure if he ended up being included but as of November 30 2016 he was being paid by the club)
Jayden Nikorima
Mitchell Pearce
Connor Watson
Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck

I'll let old mate R20 provide completely made up figures of what these players were paid.

That's not to mention the $2.4M increase in the cap from 2017 to 2018 which alone can cover the wages of Teddy and Cronk without even worrying about what percentage of their wage is made up by TPA and thus excluded from the cap..

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though.
Carter on peanuts
Copley on peanuts
Evans on peanuts
Hastings on peanuts
Watson on peanuts
JTS on peanuts
Gordon reported on 250

Guerra, SKD, Pearce and Nikorima doesn't make up the following:

Tedesco 1 million
Cronk 1 million
Crichton 1 million (2019)
Cordner close to that mark as well

TPA's must be capped
The 2.4 million increase isn’t just spending money though. A lot of players base contracts across the squad get increased by about 33%. So realistically that increase only covered the Tedesco signing, just like the increase only covered the Gagai signing for us. You can’t really argue how the salary cap works, because no fan would even know where to start. From what most supporters have seen though, it is a terribly run system that seems to be widening the gap between the top and bottom rather than shortening it.
absolutely....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Don't be confused about the $s Crichton is reported to have signed for. Yes its decent but its not the $1M a season being reported. The offer from Cronulla was the biggest and the Souths wasn't far off.

It would be easy to come on here and have a dig at Souths, but Crichton is a good kid and Souths have some real issues that could affect them for a long time.
There is a huge question mark over the new coach and a perception that he played a big part in the sacking of Maguire which despite popular internet opinion did not go down well with many players.

The biggest issue though is Richardson. Souths are losing talented kids hand over fist because Richardson is destroying you club from within. You need to get rid of him asap
First ever decent post you made.....

They have said Angus won't be on as much for 2020 & 21 as he will be in 19.........

Yeah many players were pissed at Madge going..... I think it was the wrong call.....

Richo offered Angus 700 and didn't want to go over so not his fault.......

You guys are paying overs for Angus...... he's gonna be on Cordner like money.....

All won't be well at the Roosters soon with many players wanting more....... Tauakeaiho is probably better than Crichton and he's gonna think f**k he's on triple what I get for example.....

Valheru

Coach
The 2.4 million increase isn’t just spending money though. A lot of players base contracts across the squad get increased by about 33%. So realistically that increase only covered the Tedesco signing, just like the increase only covered the Gagai signing for us. You can’t really argue how the salary cap works, because no fan would even know where to start. From what most supporters have seen though, it is a terribly run system that seems to be widening the gap between the top and bottom rather than shortening it.

Fair point

Just pointing out that that to say we lost 3 players is wilfully ignorant.

Valheru

Coach
Carter on peanuts
Copley on peanuts
Evans on peanuts
Hastings on peanuts
Watson on peanuts
JTS on peanuts
Gordon reported on 250

Guerra, SKD, Pearce and Nikorima doesn't make up the following:

Tedesco 1 million
Cronk 1 million
Crichton 1 million (2019)
Cordner close to that mark as well

TPA's must be capped

absolutely....

As predicted, the roosters salary cap expert knows exactly what each player was/is paid.

You wouldn't have a clue what those players are on. You yet again ignored the increase in the cap for 2018.

Is the 2019 figure even set?

You also seem to want to attribute every dollar of every player's 'reported' income to the salary cap and completely ignore TPA and back/front ended contracts, which ironically, is the very thing you are whinging about!

Rabbits20

Immortal
As predicted, the roosters salary cap expert knows exactly what each player was/is paid.

You wouldn't have a clue what those players are on. You yet again ignored the increase in the cap for 2018.

Is the 2019 figure even set?

You also seem to want to attribute every dollar of every player's 'reported' income to the salary cap and completely ignore TPA and back/front ended contracts, which ironically, is the very thing you are whinging about!
Cmon just like Kelly, Nielsen, Gosiewski etc were on peanuts with us.....

I know TPA's need to be capped for sure as we are losing fans from the game and it's not appealing to potential new fans.....

Instead of targeting me take on brother Callmack...... he'd love a chat..........

Thanks for your continued interest in my posts though.......... closet Bunny........

Itsamansgame

Juniors

Yes mate,Richo is one big arrogant SB who runs the joint like a f..ked up dictator.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Fair point

Just pointing out that that to say we lost 3 players is wilfully ignorant.

I think everyone here is just upset at losing one of the best players we’ve had in a while. I don’t blame Crichton for leaving at all but it’s definitely a big blow for our rebuild. Every club goes through periods where it’s really difficult to recruit and retain players. Generally it’s much easier when you’re at the top. When you’re winning, you’re happy. When you’re at the bottom you’ve got to be prepared to lose some good players. Souths made a big call on the value of Crichton and it may come back to bite us or it may benefit us significantly in recruitment for 2019. Richo has put his job on the line here imo.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
We've detested them since 1908 and nothing has changed,f**k the rorting scum!
Whatever I say will sound glib or butthurt so I wish him well and we all move on.

Some need to get a grip too. Poor Wests Tigers lost three guns in one hit. As for bagging Roosters, Souths fans have to stop living in 1995 and make sure our club is doing its utmost best to maximise and position itself for consistent on field performance and challenging for finals.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Why not just scrap the cap rather than limiting TPAs? If clubs bankrupt themselves thats their own fault.

This would make the most sense. The salary cap has destroyed its own purpose to even out the playing field. I would be all for getting rid of it. Rugby league will never be a top sport unless this happens.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
There's one thing I'm more f...ing annoyed at than Rorter Crichton,that's the peace of garbage coin we received for our 110 years.
You would think that with Crowe and Packer owning the joint that they could of done better,cheap pricks!!

Spot On

Coach
Why not just scrap the cap rather than limiting TPAs? If clubs bankrupt themselves thats their own fault.

Atm media companies pays for content. Content drives the TV rights deal. TV rights fund the game. Leave clubs to spend at will and you'll lose half of them. Lose half of them you lose your content. Lose the content you lose your TV deal. Lose the TV deal and the game has no money.

The sooner the NRL publish TPA's the better. It will then give the fans a very good look at just how much clubs have above the cap to spend. No reason not to. The RPLA has recently stated something needs to be done re TPAs but I have zero faith it will be for the good of the game and the fans, as the recent CBA has shown us. Some of the rubbish the NRL has agreed to is simply stupid.

This shit just aint that hard to sort out imo.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Atm media companies pays for content. Content drives the TV rights deal. TV rights fund the game. Leave clubs to spend at will and you'll lose half of them. Lose half of them you lose your content. Lose the content you lose your TV deal. Lose the TV deal and the game has no money.

What and there’s no other teams that would be desperate for an NRL place? There’s plenty of sports that cope without having a salary cap.