What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Hellray

Juniors
Im disappointed about Gus. But i agree with the post above, We must now bring Butcher home. He and Murray locked down together will be our future for the forward pack let them play and grow together and i can guarantee we wont feel the loss of Gus at all.

GET THIS DONE NOW SOUTHS

Also if we can also get Mitchell from the Rorters spending spree thats a great bonus

De tmTrajic

Juniors
Why should we be spewing. Maybe disappointed but not spewing. He wanted to stay if we got close enough to the highest offer and we decided not to pay ridiculous money. Angus isn’t worth anything near one million dollars and all the Roosters have done with their expensive recruitments is start a bidding frenzy within their own club. Boyd is now asking for one million dollars as well. And both Taukieaho and Latrell have tripled their values. You have gone from a harmonious club with players wanting to play together for less money to a club that is now the beacon for silly money deals with a free for all mentality. I can tell you that all is not well at the Rorters. If we paid Angus silly money we would have to back it up with similar silly money deals for our other young players which isn’t a wise move for the long term if a club wants to build a strong club with good depth and a happy group of people.

Mate, I'm Souths to the bone including the man
Won't phase the Roosters one bit if he doesn't live up to the hype. He'll suddenly end up on drug charges somehow and they'll just walk away from his contract and sign someone else.

That's what they do.
It would be interesting to see how the torters get away with it all. They have Politis but we have Russell & Packer. Why don't we do likewise?
We are now trying to get excited about fielding a team of young guys with a core group of established 1st graders but the last thing we needed was have Politis take one of our best. I'm pissed off & not likely to get over it unless we win the comp & Woosters miss the eight.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Crowe,Packer,Richardson,can't muster TPA's between them to match anything the Rorters throw at players,"PLEASE"!
Notice their initials CPR,it's what is required as a supporter of this club to tolerate our inept management.
And don't think for one moment that they will strike some kind of deal with us regarding Mitchell,they are laughing at us they hate us as much as we hate them.
Just let Crichton rot on the sidelines that's actually more than the prick deserves!

handyman2190

Bench
Crowe,Packer,Richardson,can't muster TPA's between them to match anything the Rorters throw at players,"PLEASE"!
Notice their initials CPR,it's what is required as a supporter of this club to tolerate our inept management.
And don't think for one moment that they will strike some kind of deal with us regarding Mitchell,they are laughing at us they hate us as much as we hate them.
Just let Crichton rot on the sidelines that's actually more than the prick deserves!
Geeez i love your passion and i AGREE

De tmTrajic

Juniors
I'm not overly worried about loosing Cody. Results show he is not a dominant 5/8th. Not even a first string fullback. When i get myself in an optimistic mood, I assume the young bloke that played for Lebanon will be our dominant 5/8th.

I can't see the Cows chasing Cody either. They have there man in waiting already playing for Australia.

We need 5 or 6 of the young guys to fire simultaneously & hard nut tight forward to step up. I think we already got our man.

The backline looks ok. We know who we are missing but mistakes in this world are often unredeamable.

I refuse to buy the negativity some accept as fate acomple. Youth inspires hope & where there's hope there is a reason to turn up & watch the boys have s go.

ChewRabbit

Juniors
I'm not overly worried about loosing Cody. Results show he is not a dominant 5/8th. Not even a first string fullback. When i get myself in an optimistic mood, I assume the young bloke that played for Lebanon will be our dominant 5/8th.

I can't see the Cows chasing Cody either. They have there man in waiting already playing for Australia.

We need 5 or 6 of the young guys to fire simultaneously & hard nut tight forward to step up. I think we already got our man.

The backline looks ok. We know who we are missing but mistakes in this world are often unredeamable.

I refuse to buy the negativity some accept as fate acomple. Youth inspires hope & where there's hope there is a reason to turn up & watch the boys have s go.
How about Walker to go and South's make Morgan the biggest offer in the Club's History

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’ve heard the Rorters are struggling to keep Mitchell, his father wants him to head across the road to Souths to finish his tuition under GI. The Rorters are offering him a very healthy upgrade to stay and are sweating on an answer from him and his manager.
Healthy upgrade mate....... how the hell????

I'm sick of Rorter fans saying they lost Copley, Evans, Watson etc........ they'd have been on peanuts tbh........

Just look:

Tedesco (1 million)
Tupou
Ferguson
Mitchell (350 it was reported currently)
Keary (just got upgraded)
Cronk (1million)
Napa
Hargreaves
Friend (getting upgraded soon)
Cordner (upgraded to close to a mil soon)
Taukeaiho (international player will need an upgrade)
Liu (just been upgraded)
Crichton (1 mil for 2019)
Aubusson (wouldn't come cheap)

Matterson (will want an upgrade)
Manu (will want an upgrade)

They have to let at least of those guys go like a Mitchell or Ferguson.....

TPA's really need to be capped...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tbh this would well and truly make up for losing Crichton. Whilst he is a great player we have a lot of depth at 2nd row. The backs are really skinny though.
What's the quality depth??? I'm struggling to see it.......

I see:

Sam (only starting games there and then moving to prop)
Fuimaono
Murray

Sutto (slowing down)
Britt (bench player)
Turner (better in the middle, doesn't run on an edge)

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mate, I'm Souths to the bone including the man

It would be interesting to see how the torters get away with it all. They have Politis but we have Russell & Packer. Why don't we do likewise?
We are now trying to get excited about fielding a team of young guys with a core group of established 1st graders but the last thing we needed was have Politis take one of our best. I'm pissed off & not likely to get over it unless we win the comp & Woosters miss the eight.
We need more posts like this in here....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
What's the quality depth??? I'm struggling to see it.......

I see:

Sam (only starting games there and then moving to prop)
Fuimaono
Murray

Sutto (slowing down)
Britt (bench player)
Turner (better in the middle, doesn't run on an edge)

The way that I see it the second row rotation has a lot of potential. You have Fuimaono and Sam as starting second rowers with Sutton giving Fuimaono a break. You can also use talakai for a short stint as well. I rate talakai as a metre eater off the bench.

You also have the option of starting Fuimaono and turner at second row. Turner plays much better footy in the second row and is as safe as you get. With obviously Sutton coming on off the bench. In this instance I would also use talakai for impact coming on for turner. Sam can start in the props in this rotation.

Souths aren’t short of quality second rowers. They may not be superstars in running lines like Crichton was but their defence is definitely first grade standard and that was something I thought Crichton lacked.

2nd row is a non issue for me. Prop is an issue though. The Burgess twins haven’t performed for a long time. I want to see some new faces in the forward pack if the Burgess twins aren’t stepping up.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The way that I see it the second row rotation has a lot of potential. You have Fuimaono and Sam as starting second rowers with Sutton giving Fuimaono a break. You can also use talakai for a short stint as well. I rate talakai as a metre eater off the bench.

You also have the option of starting Fuimaono and turner at second row. Turner plays much better footy in the second row and is as safe as you get. With obviously Sutton coming on off the bench. In this instance I would also use talakai for impact coming on for turner. Sam can start in the props in this rotation.

Souths aren’t short of quality second rowers. They may not be superstars in running lines like Crichton was but their defence is definitely first grade standard and that was something I thought Crichton lacked.

2nd row is a non issue for me. Prop is an issue though. The Burgess twins haven’t performed for a long time. I want to see some new faces in the forward pack if the Burgess twins aren’t stepping up.
Sorry but having Sam in the second row the whole match doesn't give me confidence as the twins can't cope in the middle............

Turner may make like 28 tackles but he produces shit like 5 hit ups for 35m.... that is completely unacceptable...... Turner at prop has no option but to run.....

Turner should be given starting prop imo......

Sam 20-25mins second row plus 40 mins at prop so plays 60-65mins
Turner 45mins at prop

Tom 35mins
Musgrove 30mins
George 20mins

Or something like that...

You can't give the twins much game time..... FACT unless you wanna f**k yourself....

No way are they worth the 550 or there abouts that they get...

Latest posts