What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBL 07

Who is your team?

• Total voters

Travitoh

First Grade
It's nearly Christmas and that can only mean Big Bash! What are peoples thoughts on this seasons edition?
I find it tough to go past Perth to collect a fourth title but Brisbane will give it a real shake i feel.
I'm optomistic about the Strikers this summer, they've got the firepower there in Head, Ingram, Weatherald, Carey and Lehmann, it's just a matter of the bowlers being good enough.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's nearly Christmas and that can only mean Big Bash! What are peoples thoughts on this seasons edition?
I find it tough to go past Perth to collect a fourth title but Brisbane will give it a real shake i feel.
I'm optomistic about the Strikers this summer, they've got the firepower there in Head, Ingram, Weatherald, Carey and Lehmann, it's just a matter of the bowlers being good enough.
Haven't paid any attention to the build up....

I have always gone for Thunder and they are tough to support .... I'll enjoy that win as they won't win many at all.....

Great knock by Watto.......

Gibson was shithouse........

Travitoh

First Grade
A lot of the Thunder's hopes rest on the shoulders of Shane Watson. He looked in pretty good knick last night though.

Travitoh

First Grade
I must say, the Sixers don't excite me. I'v been wrong before but i feel they'r weaker than last season.

callmack1

Staff member
You bet me to it Trav as I was also gonna post this thread haha.

How good is it to have Big Bash back?! I love this comp as it's so good to watch and there's a real party atmosphere.

Last night was a great way to start and the Thunder just got it done. I think they are weaker this year than last but if their spinners can keep bowling like that, they could do okay.

I'm a Scorchers supporter since BBL02 but I think the Renegades will win the title. They have a very strong squad and have recruited pretty damn well.

It's just so good to have it back and I can't wait for tonight!

Travitoh

First Grade
You bet me to it Trav as I was also gonna post this thread haha.

How good is it to have Big Bash back?! I love this comp as it's so good to watch and there's a real party atmosphere.

Last night was a great way to start and the Thunder just got it done. I think they are weaker this year than last but if their spinners can keep bowling like that, they could do okay.

I'm a Scorchers supporter since BBL02 but I think the Renegades will win the title. They have a very strong squad and have recruited pretty damn well.

It's just so good to have it back and I can't wait for tonight!

Renegades is a good shout.
The timing of it is perfect. Like @Rabbits20, i don't pay much attention to the build up but always get right behind it for the opening delivery. The timing of it is perfect and it's an affordable product.

I got a Strikers membership this year. Introducing the girlfriend to it Friday night.

callmack1

Staff member
Renegades is a good shout.
The timing of it is perfect. Like @Rabbits20, i don't pay much attention to the build up but always get right behind it for the opening delivery. The timing of it is perfect and it's an affordable product.

I got a Strikers membership this year. Introducing the girlfriend to it Friday night.
Awesome bro, couldn't agree more. My misses is really into it too, we came across the comp in 2012 and have loved it ever since, it's the only cricket I watch religiously haha.

Surely it's time for the Stars to make a final too. Can't wait to see KP in action both on the pitch and in the commentary box.

Travitoh

First Grade
Awesome bro, couldn't agree more. My misses is really into it too, we came across the comp in 2012 and have loved it ever since, it's the only cricket I watch religiously haha.

Surely it's time for the Stars to make a final too. Can't wait to see KP in action both on the pitch and in the commentary box.

I thought KP was contracted to 9 for the summer?

callmack1

Staff member
I thought KP was contracted to 9 for the summer?
Is the commentary different in Australia? In NZ we get it on Sky Sports NZ and the commentary is different every game. Sometimes you might have Howie, Ricky and Mark Waugh, other games games you might have Glly and Flem with someone else and sometimes they have guest commentators like KP.

Not sure if that's the same in Aus.

Travitoh

First Grade
Is the commentary different in Australia? In NZ we get it on Sky Sports NZ and the commentary is different every game. Sometimes you might have Howie, Ricky and Mark Waugh, other games games you might have Glly and Flem with someone else and sometimes they have guest commentators like KP.

Not sure if that's the same in Aus.

That sounds like what we get on 10. KP has done past seasons but I'm sure i heard during one of the Ashes tests that he was commentating the entire series. Could very easily be wrong though as i don't give the callers on 9 a whole lot of attention

callmack1

Staff member
That sounds like what we get on 10. KP has done past seasons but I'm sure i heard during one of the Ashes tests that he was commentating the entire series. Could very easily be wrong though as i don't give the callers on 9 a whole lot of attention
Yeah I'm not sure either and you could well be right, we'll see.

callmack1

Staff member
Nope, you were right bud.
Your mate is off to a flyer here!
Do you mean KP my mate McCullum?Haha. Baz batted very well, so explosive and great to watch.

Heat are going pretty well here and a good partnership building here between Ross and Burns.

Travitoh

First Grade
So I've put a poll together to see who people support. Adelaide for me being an SA lad.

Travitoh

First Grade
Do you mean KP my mate McCullum?Haha. Baz batted very well, so explosive and great to watch.

Heat are going pretty well here and a good partnership building here between Ross and Burns.

McCullum is great to watch when he gets going. Boland didn't have a clue!
Imagine if Lynn was playing? It could be all over! Haha

callmack1

Staff member
So I've put a poll together to see who people support. Adelaide for me being an SA lad.
Scorchers for mine (not the Perth Strikers like you have on your poll Trav haha).

I'm from NZ but the first ever BBL game I saw was a Scorchers game in BBL 02 where I fell in love with the comp and I've just gone with them ever since.

callmack1

Staff member
McCullum is great to watch when he gets going. Boland didn't have a clue!
Imagine if Lynn was playing? It could be all over! Haha
Hell yea!

Let's hope Lynn is back next game and the bash brothers can get back together.

Travitoh

First Grade
Scorchers for mine (not the Perth Strikers like you have on your poll Trav haha).

I'm from NZ but the first ever BBL game I saw was a Scorchers game in BBL 02 where I fell in love with the comp and I've just gone with them ever since.

I'm an idiot! Haha. Is there a way to edit it?
I really do enjoy watching Perth. They always put out a good side with a quality pace attack. Great team to watch play