What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Rabbits20

Immortal
I have had an insight on Daniel Tupou 2 years ago from a very reliable source too and what went on there......

Bench
I’ve said it on here before. About 10 years ago I was on the beers with Brett Kimmorely who gave a very eye opening account of his negotiations with the Roosters when he was leaving the Storm.
Everyone bar the roosters supporters smell a rat with the chooks cap most years, no need to be brain surgeon to see it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So you believe the figure touted by souths... who had nothing to do with the offer?
Even if it is slightly out you'll have a bonus for him if he plays origin, plus TPA's on the side plus perks etc..........

Oh come thou day it all crumbles.........

Uncle Nick won't last forever........

Zadar

Juniors
lol ‘we plan 5 years ahead.’ You literally just sacked your captain and highest serving player who you had under contract

I wonder who they’ve already planned to out for a ‘failed drugs test’ over the next 5 years

For such a professionally run organization it must be embarrassing that you’ve only won 2 Premierships in the past 42 years.

When you say the roosters just sacked their captain, do you mean Cordner or friend??

Zadar

Juniors
For such a professionally run organization it must be embarrassing that you’ve only won 2 Premierships in the past 42 years.

It’s all selective to suit an agenda though isn’t it?

Instead of saying 42 yrs, you could of said 44 yrs, which would of made your argument less potent because all of a sudden they have 4 premierships. Or you could of said since the millennium, the roosters have won 2 grand finals, and contested in 4 others which would make them the most successful club since the turn of the century, while other clubs have been embarrassingly kicked out of the comp, or sold their souls and teamed up with another club due to no love and support, or done for cap cheating or drug cheating or been bailed out by the NRL so they don’t go under to keep the television rights commitment.

Some may rate success only by the amount of competitions won, but clearly there is more to it.

no name

Coach
Why would anyone look to improve the numbers when pointing out a team's failures?

Last edited:

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I have the knights finishing above souths but I think saying definitely better is a bit much. A lot of Knights fans have gotten awfully cocky for a team that’s won 3 wooden spoons in a row. Personally I think after cowboys/storm/roosters there isn’t a huge amount between the next 13.
Getting cocky by saying they now have a better team than Souths? The team who ran 12th?

I think you are overstating things a little

Tiger5150

Bench
lol ‘we plan 5 years ahead.’ You literally just sacked your captain and highest serving player who you had under contract

I wonder who they’ve already planned to out for a ‘failed drugs test’ over the next 5 years

I reckon they ARE planning 5 years ahead and it started 2 years ago, signing and old guy for two years, getting rid of Pearce. Id be surprised if there isnt at least one Cleary there in 2-3 years, probably two.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Will the Roosters look to reduce Angus' pay now there is going to be less of him? What's half a middle finger worth?

Apt that he's decided to leave his middle finger with Souffs!!

A mate of mine is a Panthers fan. Cleary was seen at an Infiniti dealer.

Infiniti don't have links to Penrith nor does Cleary have a third party deal with them but my mate does believe some Roosters players get around in them.

Make of that what you will.

And for the record, if the Roosters can do it, good on em. Nothing stopping other clubs doing same.

Latest posts