What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I wouldn't have a clue, but the kid is peaking interest. Bevan French was probably only 16 when several clubs starting vying for him. This was a kid who came from the bush and not through the usual RL channels. Word gets around when they are that good. Lomax is getting some good publicity.
And your first sentence says it all

possm

Coach
Of course I really hope Dufty, Field, Herbert and all the other young bucks have a good season and secure a first grade spot however, I'm convinced that by mid-season Lomax will secure the fullback spot and keep it for years to come.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Of course I really hope Dufty, Field, Herbert and all the other young bucks have a good season and secure a first grade spot however, I'm convinced that by mid-season Lomax will secure the fullback spot and keep it for years to come.[/what will be will be we shall see.

Drag Queen

Bench
Of course I really hope Dufty, Field, Herbert and all the other young bucks have a good season and secure a first grade spot however, I'm convinced that by mid-season Lomax will secure the fullback spot and keep it for years to come.
We would be mad not to Possm.
I'm of the same mind frame, purely from a collective view point. He's big. fit and fast. Hard to believe he's only 18.

BennyV

Referee
Lomax is the one kid the club
have identified as a potential superstar. They obviously like Field, Dufty, Herbert etc, but Lomax is the one they believe has the highest ceiling. A contract extension for Lomax is in the offing.
100% agree, he's got the highest ceiling. May take him an extra year or two to fully own a first grade spot though - let's not lump pressure on the kid.

nontime111

Juniors
I love Dufty itd be criminal to throw Lomax in there who obviously would be better for us in the centres where we are so weak and keep Dufty at the back, bring in Field also on the bench so we have all 3 speed demons at once always around this way wed always score more points than the oppositition even if there was a bit of rooky defensive bleed

Drag Queen

Bench
I love Dufty itd be criminal to throw Lomax in there who obviously would be better for us in the centres where we are so weak and keep Dufty at the back, bring in Field also on the bench so we have all 3 speed demons at once always around this way wed always score more points than the oppositition even if there was a bit of rooky defensive bleed
Don't agree mate. Dufty looked alright on his debut and it all went downhill from there. I would go as far to say that Quinlan was a better option. Give Lomax the FB position. We need some defensive backs.

Crush

Coach
Don't agree mate. Dufty looked alright on his debut and it all went downhill from there. I would go as far to say that Quinlan was a better option. Give Lomax the FB position. We need some defensive backs.
Give Lomax the FB position? "Here you are son, do your best"
I don't think so.
Give the kid some time in reserve grade and bring him through when ready.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
One of his football mates told me earlier this year but the Dragons had him locked up. I would say that Bellamy had him lined up to replace Slater. Other Clubs are not backward in giving talented young players a decent go. Both Dufty and Mann have previously been given raw deals by the coaches and hopefully this will change.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Lomax will 100% play this year, no doubt in my mind. I don't think he'll get a starting spot but he'll force his way in when injury inevitably strikes one of our backs.

Drag Queen

Bench
Why 'take a punt'? Why not bring him through properly and give him the best chance of a long, successful career?
Normally I would agree with you, except our pathways are looking a bit weak atm. Do you think a year under Head will give him any advantage? I'm not so sure.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Why 'take a punt'? Why not bring him through properly and give him the best chance of a long, successful career?
So do you think Easts did the wrong thing blooding Latrell Mitchell as early as they did? I don't.

Do you think Manly blooded Tom Trbjovic too early? I don't.

So you think that Canberra blooded Cotric too early? I don't.

I think Mitchell and Tom Turbo are 2 very good comparisons to Lomax.

Latest posts