What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership

suddenspiral

Juniors
I'm surprised at our membership numbers this year. I thought we'd struggle to get 20K given the past two seasons. Another 12th placed finish and surely we'll have to see numbers drop significantly? In some sadistic way, I almost want numbers to drop to a point where Rusty is forced to make some tough decisions regarding the tenure of blokes like Richo and the influence he's apparently had in keeping the Burgii happy.

suddenspiral

Juniors
We have to keep Sam happy though.....

He's so important to us....

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not - I'll assume not :)

I completely agree he's a huge part of our team, however, no single player should be put above the team. If Sam threatens to walk unless his brothers are given x amount of dollars per year - particularly if those dollars aren't justified - then as much as I'd hate it, I'd let him go. Imagine the Burgii got their way in that situation? Wouldn't do much for team harmony.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach

I completely agree he's a huge part of our team, however, no single player should be put above the team. If Sam threatens to walk unless his brothers are given x amount of dollars per year - particularly if those dollars aren't justified - then as much as I'd hate it, I'd let him go. Imagine the Burgii got their way in that situation? Wouldn't do much for team harmony.

I don’t know why people keep talking about this like it has or is likely to happen. It just seems to be a fantasy people have.
Sam moved to Oz alone and Sam moved back to England alone, nothing suggests he’s making or made demands for his brothers. I also don’t believe his brothers would thank him for doing so.
His brothers were given big contracts whilst in form and looked worthy of them, it’s that simple. In fact I think the contracts were given when Sam was running around with the toffs.

ThingFish

Juniors
I don’t know why people keep talking about this like it has or is likely to happen. It just seems to be a fantasy people have.
Sam moved to Oz alone and Sam moved back to England alone, nothing suggests he’s making or made demands for his brothers. I also don’t believe his brothers would thank him for doing so.
His brothers were given big contracts whilst in form and looked worthy of them, it’s that simple. In fact I think the contracts were given when Sam was running around with the toffs.
Agree. We got rid of Luke and there wasn’t any hissy fit.

Veracity

Juniors
I'm surprised at our membership numbers this year. I thought we'd struggle to get 20K given the past two seasons. Another 12th placed finish and surely we'll have to see numbers drop significantly? In some sadistic way, I almost want numbers to drop to a point where Rusty is forced to make some tough decisions regarding the tenure of blokes like Richo and the influence he's apparently had in keeping the Burgii happy.

It disgusts me that people’s decision to join or renew is dependant on results, I can’t imagine not renewing on a yearly basis, when things are bad & results are up the shit the club needs support more than ever

Veracity

Juniors

Why are people even giving this theory oxygen?

suddenspiral

Juniors
It disgusts me that people’s decision to join or renew is dependant on results, I can’t imagine not renewing on a yearly basis, when things are bad & results are up the shit the club needs support more than ever

Unfortunately, I suspect the reality is people like us are in the minority. The club needs to find ways to keep the more fair weather supporters on board so we can more easily ride out the tough times. With no leagues club, we're more dependent than any other club on membership, so it's important the club is seen to be doing everything it can to make sure we're competitive year on year.

Curns13

Juniors
What do you guys do with all your member stuff each year. I’m a QLD member, my 4 year old boy is a junior member and my 2 year old girl is a toddler member and there is literally Rabbitohs shit all over our house. I can’t quite bring myself to throw anything out but after 5 years, its getting a bit ridiculous.

What do you guys do with all your member stuff each year. I’m a QLD member, my 4 year old boy is a junior member and my 2 year old girl is a toddler member and there is literally Rabbitohs shit all over our house. I can’t quite bring myself to throw anything out but after 5 years, its getting a bit ridiculous.

Two choices:

1 - bin it. I am the same. Thunder and Souths...shit every where.

2 - buy an 80L tub from K Mart or Ronis and tub it all up. On their 21st, hand it all over. It'll be a treasure trove of South Sydney ephemera and if most people do point 1, it might actually be worth a few dollars, if not for the sentimental value.

suddenspiral

Juniors

Keep the membership card and hat, then bin the rest.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Our results don't base whether or not I get my membership as I always will renew no matter how shit things are....

Rabbits20

Immortal

I don't think Sam would threaten to walk if one or the twins left.....

Sam is worth his 800k.......

Anyhow not to worry as we re-signed them all in the background quietly for 2019....

Latest posts