What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Supporter (need team to support)

nomis88

Juniors
I would pick a team that has never come last, has a long running no dickheads policy, has a wonderful ground, is a well run club and is almost everyone's second team. It's got to be Manly.

Grapple

Bench
I reckon Dragons would be the go for you. :)
Keep it red with the Liverpool support. If you do support St George i'd like to welcome you to the NRL.... f**k you f**ken prick why'd you have to take James Graham from us typical merge bastards.

stormbati

Bench
I'd suggest Gold Coast Titans. Only been around about a decade, haven't won a premiership so not much history to catch up on and if you ever decide to come see them play GC isn't a bad place to visit.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Keep it red with the Liverpool support. If you do support St George i'd like to welcome you to the NRL.... f**k you f**ken prick why'd you have to take James Graham from us typical merge bastards.

Had a bit to do with the bulldogs salary cap issues I reckon

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
If you ever thought assault on a female is ok the sydney bulldogs
If you don't mind a club that cheats look south of the border
If you like football on tv and hate being around bucktooth bogans souths
If you like clubs that sell out look at brisbane and the sharks
If you like drugs newcastle is full of oppurtunity ( also sharks again)
If you like racism look no further then brooky

OzDragon

Coach
You took our Morris.

Methinks we are even now.

Cockosh

Juniors
Be careful using statistics or myths to make your decision as they can be somewhat misleading. For example;

The most successful team has won 21 times but have only won once in the last 46 years

The team that apparently has the 2nd most members (30,000) had the lowest home crowd last year (10,000)

Some of the club names are also misleading. For example:

South Sydney - home ground is in the heart of western Sydney approx 25 km from their heartland

South sydney - some of their junior territories are based in the Eastern Suburbs

South sydney - their feeder club is North sydney.

bileduct

Coach
I will be watching the NRL full-time, starting with the upcoming season.

The problem is, I need a team to support. Another problem, I'm from the U.S, and I'm not sure if any NRL teams have fanbases here.

Out of curiosity, what NRL teams are popular with fans in the U.S (or outside of Australia)
Depends on what kind of fan you are.

If you like feeling miserable all the time and questioning your will to live you should probably support the Raiders. In the membership packs each year they'll occasionally leave out the scarf because if you stick around long enough you can put together one of these...

6HFlHsX.jpg

GongPanther

Referee
This is the answer. Devote your time to watch every game of one season then pick the one you looked forward to watching the most

This.

Or you might be drawn to a certain team name/colour. You also might as some have suggested to go for a team that you are already familiar with.Such as if you live in Dallas (Dallas Cowboys),you might be prompted to go for the Nth Queensland Cowboys.If you live in either North or South Carolina (The Carolina Panthers) ,you could be enticed to cheer for the Penrith Panthers. If you live in the Washington area (The Washington Foreskins) you just well might go for The Melbourne Storm.

Generalzod

Immortal
If you ever thought assault on a female is ok the sydney bulldogs
If you don't mind a club that cheats look south of the border
If you like football on tv and hate being around bucktooth bogans souths
If you like clubs that sell out look at brisbane and the sharks
If you like drugs newcastle is full of oppurtunity ( also sharks again)
If you like racism look no further then brooky
I've got to score some steroids ...

Grapple

Bench
If this bloke is for real, stick a map of Australia and New Zealand on your wall and throw a dart at it.

Wherever it lands is your team.

Coincidentally, this is also how the bunker comes to a decision.

It's also how Jason Taumalolo decided to play for Tonga.

Pedge1971

First Grade
If this bloke is for real, stick a map of Australia and New Zealand on your wall and throw a dart at it.

Wherever it lands is your team.

Coincidentally, this is also how the bunker comes to a decision.

So there will be 2 Perth supporters now?