What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Edrick Lee! If Dragons signed him we would be the laughing stock. Flanno gave him 2 games then dropped him never to play first grade again.
I doubt Millward would go near either of the Lee's. I think his recruitment has been top notch.

More likely to be illawarra who may sign one of these guys.
They will have a extremely young revs team next year at this rate.

John moz

Juniors
Now that Thompson has been released dragons are looking to sign a back in koroibete very close now they have a vacant position in the 30 for 2018.

Crush

Coach
Now that Thompson has been released dragons are looking to sign a back in koroibete very close now they have a vacant position in the 30 for 2018.
Koroibete has only just started to have success with the Wallabies.
2019 is the Japan World Cup where he will feature and be one of the stars of the Australian National Rugby team.
Why would he throw all that away now to come and play on the wing for the St George Illawarra Dragons?

possm

Coach
2019 is the Japan World Cup where he will feature and be one of the stars of the Australian National Rugby team.
Why would he throw all that away now to come and play on the wing for the St George Illawarra Dragons?
The only reason he would throw his Rugby World Cup chance away is if another player was selected ahead of him to be in the team. Yes he is in the squad but still needs to be selected in the team.

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade

Shouldn't that read " why would you play for the wallabies when you could play on the wing for st george illawarra "?

Who wouldn't rush to be part of a code heading backwards at quantum speed (ie. Australian union)?

mickeylane

Bench
The dragons and sharks just recently knocked back Brenko Lee from the Bulldogs who ended up signing w the Titans last week.

Which makes you think that Dragons must have their eyes on someone a little more alluring in talent and attributes. I always thought Brenko Lee offered size and pace albeit a little mistake riddled., I wonder if Dragons are hearing of players seeking a release for more opportunity. I can only think of the below who would be a chance for a release prior to season commence and I do think we will sign a centre and not a winger.
Whare
BJ Leilua
Rona (can play centre)

nrlnrl

First Grade
The dragons and sharks just recently knocked back Brenko Lee from the Bulldogs who ended up signing w the Titans last week.

Which makes you think that Dragons must have their eyes on someone a little more alluring in talent and attributes. I always thought Brenko Lee offered size and pace albeit a little mistake riddled., I wonder if Dragons are hearing of players seeking a release for more opportunity. I can only think of the below who would be a chance for a release prior to season commence and I do think we will sign a centre and not a winger.
Whare
BJ Leilua
Rona (can play centre)
Curtis Rona recently signed a 2 year deal with the Waratahs.
http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs...cleID/17885/Rona-signs-with-NSW-Waratahs.aspx

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Everything is speculation at this point. I've gone back and watched most of the recruitment videos this year and Millward has been very transparent with the fans, something you don't see many other recruitment directors doing.
Millward's latest interview tells us that they're looking for an outside back, but they're going to be patient (much like they did with Graham and Vaughan). An opportunity will present itself, just have to wait for the right player to come along. I believe him and I honestly believe they have no-one in particular lined up at present, which is why Millward stressed that a top 30 must be finalised by April 30, 2018.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Tom
100% there is no one at the moment.
But they do have someone there looking at.
As far as I can find out it is not MK never has been.
Unless he wants out and I doubt it.
He is just a rumor.

giboz71

First Grade
The only reason he would through is Rugby World Cup chance away is if another player was selected ahead of him to be in the team. Yes he is in the squad but still needs to be selected in the team.

Korobiete was one of the stars of the Wallabies spring tour and scored the winning try in the Bledisloe win. He was also just named RUPA newcomer of the year.

He’s going to be a star in the Wallabies backline and is a shoe in for the World Cup.

Highly doubt he’d leave the Wallabies to join a non contender like us.

Latest posts