What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who makes our top 30?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
We have 40 guys contracted for 2018 as it stands.

My understanding is that clubs will have a top 30, then up to 6 development players who can be called on throughout the year if injury hits.

So of the 40 (named below) who do we see making the 30 and who are our 6 development guys?

FB-Greg Inglis, Jesse Arthars

W-Alex Johnston, Robert Jennings, Richard Kennar, Jacob Gagan, Tyrone Taukamo

C-Dane Gagai, Tyrell Fuimaono, Hymel Hunt, Campbell Graham, Braidon Burns, Mawene Hiroti

5/8-Cody Walker, Adam Doueihi

1/2-Adam Reynolds, Connor Tracey, Dean Hawkins

L-Cameron Murray, Jesse Martin

2/R-Sam Burgess, Anus Crichton, John Sutton, Jason Clark, Dean Britt, Siosifa Talakai, Lucky Taavale

P-Tom Burgess, George Burgess, Zane Musgrove, Kyle Turner, Mark Nicholls, Vincent Leuluai, Junior Tatola, Sam Johnstone, Ky Rodwell

H-Damien Cook, Robbie Farah, Billy Brittain, Josh Cook

I'm thinking our six development guys will be Sam Johnstone, Mawene Hiroti, Tyrone Taukamo, Jesse Martin, Jacob Gagan and Billy Brittain.

That leaves Lucky Taavale, Ky Rodwell, Josh Cook and Dean Hawkins outside the 36 to further develop for 2018.

How do you guys see us lining up?

callmack1

Staff member
Yep, I'd be about the same but I'd take Gagan or Brittain out of the six development players and put Rodwell in.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Yep, I'd be about the same but I'd take Gagan or Brittain out of the six development players and put Rodwell in.
Brittain's probably a fair shout, I don't see him playing first grade any time soon.

Rodwell will go a long way. I remember seeing him at a carnival near Canberra a couple of years ago and even back then he looked the goods.

He's only 18 though and we've signed on a lot of front rowers, so I'd be a bit surprised to see him in first grade this year.

callmack1

Staff member
Brittain's probably a fair shout, I don't see him playing first grade any time soon.

Rodwell will go a long way. I remember seeing him at a carnival near Canberra a couple of years ago and even back then he looked the goods.

He's only 18 though and we've signed on a lot of front rowers, so I'd be a bit surprised to see him in first grade this year.
Agreed, if we are going to see a young prop make his debut it will probably be Johnstone but even that could be unlikely as he is also so young. But Rodwell is certainly worth being a development player as he has some wraps on him and will be right in the frame come 2019 if not, 2020.

Veracity

Juniors

Brittain is a funny one, he’s not real young, he’s very experienced at a junior level, been a part of some very good playing groups with excellent coaches, captained at QLD cup level, so he’s got obvious leadership capabilities, seems to be questions about his size, could be a very good aquisition for Norths to start with, being a part of a first grade squad he’ll benefit from training & weights, one to keep an eye on

Rabbits20

Immortal
I've already gone through my 30 in other threads previously....

Gagan and Britain shan't make it.....

They are park footballers....

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm starting to see Veracity and Rabbitoad post pretty much the same......

Could be a double account....

rabbitohs95

Bench
I don't think we'll really have a top 30. I think that's just the minimum every club needs.

We've got a squad of 40 and I'm inclined to believe all of them will be signed as Rabbitohs, none will be Bears.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We can't always make assumptions like this bro, we have no idea.
I'm certain there is at least someone on here with a double account or someone who was previously banned.....

Veracity posts exactly like the Truth or that Defender bloke.......

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm not getting involved in your tangled web....

That behaviour belongs in pre schools............

You are showing your lack of intellect.......

Ho hum it is to me.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Na, he's been accusing me of being someone else since I didn't buy his "inside source" line
I don't care what you think if I get inside info.....

I'll tell who I want in private messages.....

I rarely get any info but if and when I do I don't make it up....

I know a man who was involved heavily with Souths and he still has connections...

Maybe you aren't a double account or previously banned member but I am not the only one to be suspect of the way you've been behaving compared to previous members.....

You have trolled so much of this whole thread.......

We need to try all get along........ you're just trying to wind people up......

I don't like those silly games......