What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBL 07

Who is your team?

• Total voters

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thanks mate....

Well I didn't know the Pakistani Yasir Shah was playing for the Heat....

They've a very good side......

Swepson is a very good spinner too....

Big trouble for Strikers at 3/40 odd in 8th over...

Ingram the South African for the Strikers has to go big..... he's one of their main buys and so far he hasn't performed....

Call me silly but I'm going with a big prediction and that's the Heat to take out the Big Bash this year..... they'll just pip the Scorchers....

callmack1

Staff member
Thanks mate....

Well I didn't know the Pakistani Yasir Shah was playing for the Heat....

They've a very good side......

Swepson is a very good spinner too....

Big trouble for Strikers at 3/40 odd in 8th over...

Ingram the South African for the Strikers has to go big..... he's one of their main buys and so far he hasn't performed....

Call me silly but I'm going with a big prediction and that's the Heat to take out the Big Bash this year..... they'll just pip the Scorchers....
Yep, Strikers are in big trouble, Heat are bowling well.

I haven't actually picked who I think will win yet but Scorchers v Heat would be a very 'hot' final :)

Rabbits20

Immortal

I haven't actually picked who I think will win yet but Scorchers v Heat would be a very 'hot' final :)
Sorry bro but I'd want the Heat to win.......

That's me being honest and if the Scorchers win my old man won't shut up.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well 71 off the last 7 overs and being 5 down at around the 13th over so getting to 147 is the best you could hope for.......

I think they are about 20 off a par score but you never know.....

It looked like the Strikers wouldn't make more than 110 at one point so at least we have a bit of a game on our hands now....

Travitoh

First Grade
Well 71 off the last 7 overs and being 5 down at around the 13th over so getting to 147 is the best you could hope for.......

I think they are about 20 off a par score but you never know.....

It looked like the Strikers wouldn't make more than 110 at one point so at least we have a bit of a game on our hands now....

I'll give you boys my match report in the morning. I know you eagerly await it lol.
Happy new year lads

callmack1

Staff member
That was a real strange game last night! I guess New Years will do that to ya haha!

I mean, I thought the Heat would chase Adelaide easily but they just fell apart. They all looked half asleep at the batting crease bar a few players and there was no real energy.

McCullum looked like a completely different player out there and their big guns were disappointing, It was weird haha!

Rabbits20

Immortal
That was a real strange game last night! I guess New Years will do that to ya haha!

I mean, I thought the Heat would chase Adelaide easily but they just fell apart. They all looked half asleep at the batting crease bar a few players and there was no real energy.

McCullum looked like a completely different player out there and their big guns were disappointing, It was weird haha!
Probs me saying they'll win it all and I put the mock on them hahaha......

This Rashid Khan will be the best cricketer Afghanistan has ever produced......

callmack1

Staff member
Probs me saying they'll win it all and I put the mock on them hahaha......

This Rashid Khan will be the best cricketer Afghanistan has ever produced......
Haha, well hopefully the same applies when you say Souths are gonna have a bad season, it might actually be the opposite!! haha

Rashid was amazing, just about everything he touched turned to gold.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Haha, well hopefully the same applies when you say Souths are gonna have a bad season, it might actually be the opposite!! haha

Rashid was amazing, just about everything he touched turned to gold.
I bloody well hope so......

Apparently the fireworks were still going off at 2am where I am but I was asleep by then....

callmack1

Staff member
I bloody well hope so......

Apparently the fireworks were still going off at 2am where I am but I was asleep by then....
Haha yea there were fireworks at like 2:30am in my area.

We were going to set some off ourselves but decided it was too late and we didn't want to disrupt people.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Haha yea there were fireworks at like 2:30am in my area.

We were going to set some off ourselves but decided it was too late and we didn't want to disrupt people.
Where did you get them from???

I guess they were mini ones lol....

Travitoh

First Grade
View from the stands...
With the bat the Strikers were disappointing as well with Weatherald, Head (though he had the right idea, just went way too hard at it) and Ingram all getting themselves in with a start and then unnecessarily throwing it away after we'd already lost early wickets. Wells looked to get a decent one that spat up at him and Lehmann was never settled, dropped twice early and I'd be considering a change for Jono Dean if it were my decision.
Neser's innings will be underrated as to how good it was. He literally carried the Strikers to 147 when we were discussing 120 as being an interesting score to defend. Once Yasir and Swepson had completed their overs, i felt that Brisbane missed a trick by not giving Burns another go and keeping some pace off the ball. Neser took a liking to the quicker pace and none of them seemed to vary their pace to him. Siddle's effort between the wickets should be noted toi, he ran hard and with complete disregard for his own numbers to keep Neser on strike.
So the Strikers went in with a defendable 147 on the board and a lot of the momentum.
The Strikers needed early wickets and that's what they got. From the opening over the wickets just continued to fall regularly and the Heat went cold very quickly. Lynn got a bad one but the way the innings went i would suggest that the team as a whole can't complain much about it. McCullum i thought was setting himself to have a crack at an unlikely result late until he holed out at deep mid on. Maybe he misjudged it, i don't know but from there the Strikers were are sure thing.
Brisbane's batsman just seemed uncomfortable on what appeared to be a slow wicket and Adelaide's attack is good enough to expose that.

The Strikers attack is balanced nicely and suits the Adelaide Oval well. I believe only Perth has a better attack. Rashid Khan is going to be a very special player and has gotten a lot of Afghani's into the game of cricket in this city. They love him! As we all do. The Strikers need to always have a 'Rashid' in the line up to be successful lol.
Siddle, Laughlin and Neser all have the ability to hit areas consistently and mix up their pace as well as Laughlin being a wicket magnet!
Stanlake was delivering balls at 150k/hr and at 7 foot tall, will be back in the Australian set up soon enough. He appears stronger this year and it's showing in his bowling.
And having Head and Ingram capable of churning out a couple overs allows Head to be proactive with his main 5 bowlers and mix them up.

Strikers go to 3-0 now, back on top of the table (i assume?) while Brisbane find their season at the cross roads, sitting 2-2 with the Thunder.

And the gf loved it. She's enjoying the shorter format and is keen to come to the other two fixtures which is great considering that both games have been pretty one sided so far.

Huge game for the Thunder tonight R20 and i tip that they'll wake up tomorrow in the top 4.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Great game here, so many twists and turns, and some very entertaining cricket being played. It's great to watch.

A fantastic innings by Short, it's such a shame he just missed out on 100.

Travitoh

First Grade
Great game here, so many twists and turns, and some very entertaining cricket being played. It's great to watch.

Short and Buttler both played great innings tonight. Was a great run chase but unfortunately in the key moments, the Thunder got it wrong.
That and the lack of batting outside of Buttler and Watson in the side.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I only saw some of it at work.....

I'm so disappointed.... we let them have 33-34 runs off last 2 overs....

Sandhu was set for big things and too play for Australia well what's happened??? His bowling has turned so ordinary...... just bowling them in the slot....... his confidence is shot.....

Don't get me started on McLeneghan....

All those extras are costly to the total.....

If they bowl quite well at the death we keep them to 175-180 and we win the game........

Don't get me started on the batsmen besides the likes of Watto and Buttler either.....

Travitoh

First Grade
Don't forget about Patterson @Rabbits20. Flying under the radar amongstthe leading run scorers.
You're 100% right about the remaining batsmen though. Isn't Jason Sangha on the books? Get him in! Won't light the tournament up yet but will be better for the experience.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Don't forget about Patterson @Rabbits20. Flying under the radar amongstthe leading run scorers.
You're 100% right about the remaining batsmen though. Isn't Jason Sangha on the books? Get him in! Won't light the tournament up yet but will be better for the experience.
Yeah I just wish he could kick on and up the ante a bit....

I am not sure if Sangha is in the squad....

callmack1

Staff member
I only saw some of it at work.....

I'm so disappointed.... we let them have 33-34 runs off last 2 overs....

Sandhu was set for big things and too play for Australia well what's happened??? His bowling has turned so ordinary...... just bowling them in the slot....... his confidence is shot.....

Don't get me started on McLeneghan....

All those extras are costly to the total.....

If they bowl quite well at the death we keep them to 175-180 and we win the game........

Don't get me started on the batsmen besides the likes of Watto and Buttler either.....
Yeah, I'd be disappointed if I was you too bro, the Thunder were in a great position and they let it slip. As soon as Ferguson got out I knew it was over. Great game though.

@callmack1 how did Perth win that????

They always find that new guy to do a job too!!!!

What a performance.........
I know! It was awesome!

They always find a way to win, it's just the Scorchers way.

While talking about Perth, do you guys know what's happening with Behrendorff and Coulter-Nile? I was really looking forward to seeing Behrendorff back as he didn't feature last season but I think he's still injured.

On another note, I'm really hoping the Stars can find some form tonight. They have one of the best squads but have been pretty disappointing and find themselves at the bottom, if they can sort it out, tonight will be a great game!

Latest posts