What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

ViceVersa

Juniors
Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.

Let me get this straight; the basis of your 'Mary's not that bad' point of view is that after a horrible 2016 where it was proven that he is a terrible coach, his whole coaching philosophy was thrown out the window and the players listened to him less and THEN became better?!

Hi Wayne,

I was prepared to 'kidnap' him at the end of 2016 (not really) to prevent him from coaching us. Well most of that 2016 game plan did go out the window... And what were you saying when we were 6-1, is it not possible to improve on that going forward. A superchoach or no premiership, I get it. But wake me up when we have one and learn to live without one.

ViceVersa

Juniors
If we had Hassler it would be worse than 2016. Play like robots analysing stats. Learn to live without a 'supercoach' because 'screaming at the sky' like a dem election loss won't change reality.

inside_pass

Bench
You are very correct and totally agree with u , my argument is why have they not dealt with McGregor the same way they dealt with farrar? We are getting onto 5 yrs of this toataly clueless coach it stil baffles me how he was retained after the rubbish dished out in 2016 it baffles me more why he was resigned in 2017 before waiting to see how the year finishes , its so unbelievable this team only managed something like 4 unconvincing wins after the rd 8 Anzac Day game and against weak opposition , he put up with mcrone all the way through instead of giving jai field a go no thought process to blood the young kids in and yet no thought to remove this imposter from the coaching job how on earth is Michael Maguire and des Hasler out of work two premiership winners meanwhile us long suffering dragons fans have to put with that clueless bold head for a coach
We can't afford a real coach!
The club is struggling financially and McGregor is the cheap option.

grouch

First Grade
You remind me of the typical liberal leftists that bash Trump and ignore facts... When they cherry pick statements and turn to insults to make themselves feel better.

#Resist
"In peach" Mary
I see the similarities between Trump and McGregor too

Both are incompetent self-aggrandising delusional blowhards who conned their way into a job they are in no way qualified for and continue to completely fk up at every possible opportunity, making the employer they work for worse and worse every single day.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Bruce Arians - Arizona Cardinals - GONE!!!
Dean Peas - Baltimore Ravens - GONE!!!
John Fox - Chicago Bears - GONE!!!
Derek Dooley - Dallas Cowboys - GONE!!!
Jeff Davidson - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Johnnie Lynn - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Brock Olivo - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Fred Pagac - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Eric Studesville - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Tyke Tolbert - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Jim Caldwell - Detroit Lions - GONE!!!!.
Dom Capers - Green Bay Packers - GONE!!!
Ben Macadoo - New York Giants - GONE!!!
Jack Del Rio - Oakland Raiders - GONE!!!!

TEXANS
COLTS
TITANS
JETS
BROWNS

This is only Monday folks .... you have to produce here in the States or you are GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary McGREGOR - St George Illawarra Dragons - STILL WITH US!!!!!

Crush

Coach
Bruce Arians - Arizona Cardinals - GONE!!!
Dean Peas - Baltimore Ravens - GONE!!!
John Fox - Chicago Bears - GONE!!!
Derek Dooley - Dallas Cowboys - GONE!!!
Jeff Davidson - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Johnnie Lynn - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Brock Olivo - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Fred Pagac - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Eric Studesville - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Tyke Tolbert - Denver Broncos - GONE!!!
Jim Caldwell - Detroit Lions - GONE!!!!.
Dom Capers - Green Bay Packers - GONE!!!
Ben Macadoo - New York Giants - GONE!!!
Jack Del Rio - Oakland Raiders - GONE!!!!

TEXANS
COLTS
TITANS
JETS
BROWNS

This is only Monday folks .... you have to produce here in the States or you are GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary McGREGOR - St George Illawarra Dragons - STILL WITH US!!!!!
Can't believe they let that Dom Capers go though, I thought those Green Bay Packers were looking good under old Dom.....

ViceVersa

Juniors
Don't think anyone's familiar with the Nigel Farage 'Wakey Wakey' tweet, or the Donald Trump one. But I'll post Mary's version anyway. #GetAGrip
upload_2018-1-2_21-22-47.png

Como Connection

First Grade
I see the similarities between Trump and McGregor too

Both are incompetent self-aggrandising delusional blowhards who conned their way into a job they are in no way qualified for and continue to completely fk up at every possible opportunity, making the employer they work for worse and worse every single day.
Correct
Divide and Rule!
I was in the USA two years ago with the wife and really enjoyed it.
Alas, as long as this clown is in charge I refuse to return.
Hate the guy.
FACT
CC

Banjo2014

Juniors
When Detroit beats you it's time to go (Defense) - they did miss Rodgers in the season though.

Look out for the Saints - we will beat Carolina next week, then charge through the Falcons or Rams - superbowl here we come - hopefully like 2010 when Brees held his son in the air and accepted the Superbowl and Hornby held his son up in the air and accepted the NRL trophy.

Won a heap of money that year on both teams - 13 plus in the NRL and 50 plus points total on the mighty New Orleans Saints.

Cheers from Bourbon street

Crush

Coach
Have Vice Versa and Banjo 2014 been able to derail a sack McGregor thread with unusual comments about American politics and American football!?
Unbelievable! Don't you guys know that all threads must be about sacking the coach especially the one titled sack the coach!
Now enough talk of Gridiron and Trump! Sack the coach!!!

ViceVersa

Juniors
Have Vice Versa and Banjo 2014 been able to derail a sack McGregor thread with unusual comments about American politics and American football!?
Unbelievable! Don't you guys know that all threads must be about sacking the coach especially the one titled sack the coach!
Now enough talk of Gridiron and Trump! Sack the coach!!!

Lol I hear you... Don't take it too serious. I posted here earlier today that I somewhat defend aspects of Mary to live'n up this forum, as everybody attacks him like they do Trump so one guy insulted me with a cheap shot. I wish we had a better coach and I knew I would trigger people so it's just entertaining me.

John moz

Juniors
As soon as we have a owner of the Dragons we will also have a long time coach hopefully bellamy long term.

OK, here we go!... I'll be one of the very few that defends Mary right here. Not saying he should be our coach for the next 10 years but people need to get a grip.

Firstly, basing most of your opinions of him from what he did prior to 2017 is invalid IMO. After the post 2016 internal review the game structure changed to a 'power game/play what's infront of you' and no one can deny there was massive improvement. Understand that as there was less structure, a lot of crucial plays were spontanious/sideways movement because no one knew what they were doing next. We lost 6 games by 6 points or less, if we won most of those we would have been top 4. All we needed was a quality halfback to direct/game manage to close out games and take pressure off Widdop.

People think that the next season will be the same old or worse, without any improvement. At least he's addressed what went wrong last year, and it's hard to think we won't improve at all with who we've signed.

I will say, he needs to drop players not performing, show more faith in young guns, better bench rotation, and have them mentally prepared for 80 MINUTES. If there is not improvement in these then I don't blame you for throwing more tantrums in 2018.

Lastly, right now I would not take outdated Madge or hassler where attack is heavily structured, outdated, one-dimentional boring predictable sweep/block plays. I'd rather Have free-flowing entertaining attack like we have now, and wait and see if we improve again in 2018. He's not going anywhere for the next 2 years.

I thought I'd live'n up this forum from the 'rocking-chair critics' and show a different point of view. ("Bracing for impact")
I welcome a different point of view which is what these forums should be all about.
Having said that, you show a serious disconnect with reality.
One of the most pertinent things about McGregor is how he was even appointed in the first place.
A couple of bush premierships and 2 unremarkable years coaching reserve grade are not adequate qualifications that would support his appointment as the St. George Illawarra first grade coach.
By any reasonable, logical and meritorious measure this was an inexplicable appointment which the club could not explain and the fans could never understand.
Basically, McGregor was totally unqualified and ill equipped to take on such a prestigious and important role.
Since his appointment, his short comings have slapped us in the face on a regular basis.
I want to take you to task on your assertion that "We lost 6 games by 6 points or less...etc."
In 2017 we also won 4 games by 6 points or less.
"If only..." is not a way to analyze a season.
Taking your argument further - in 2016 we won 7 games by 6 points or less.
S
o if we had lost those 7 games we would have ended up with the wooden spoon?
And if we had got the wooden spoon in 2016, would the club sacked McGregor and would we have a different coach now?
That is just not reality.
It is also unrealistic to rationalize the "improvements" even though you yourself outlined a number of areas which continue to have big question marks over them.
"don't blame you for throwing more tantrums in 2018"
So you think that the reaction to McGregor's tenure is all about throwing tantrums?
I think it shows that you are searching for positives and clutching at straws.
People on here are upset and annoyed for very good reason.
The original appointment and especially the renewal of McGregor as FG coach is inexplicable.
With regards to 2018.
So we gained Hunt and Graham BUT we lost Dugan, Packer and Thompson.
Widdop is still the captain.
Our draws for 2016 and 2017 were as soft as they come and we still couldn't make the finals.
Slightly different story in 2018 however.
Do you also think the other clubs have been standing around with their arms folded while we have improved our roster and our coaching structures?
You can expect a much harder path to the finals in 2018.
2017 shows a picture of better statistics provided largely by the forwards but with a terrible final outcome.
I think people are just sick of all the McGregor self promotion, excuses and deflections.
They are upset with the club who keeps treating it's fans like dodos.
So the coaching function is still our Achilles heel - no doubt about it.
It doesn't matter who plays half back and who provides game management,
By all means, let's all be optimistic - but not with a lot of confidence.

Latest posts