What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth & nothing but the truth

TheTruth

Juniors
so there’s a lot of negativity & lots of ridiculous hearsay & innuendo, thankfully I have a healthy scepticism yet a positive outlook when I look towards our coming season & the general health of our great club

Recruitment I hear you all say & bemoan the lack of, let me say, I’m very impressed with the players we’ve amassed over the last few years, whilst due to constraints caused by previous administration we were obviously unable to enter the player market in a big way, yet rather than sit idle we have gathered an impressive array of young players with impeccable pedigrees, and in this day & age of ultra confident young players we do see young men entering first grade like they were born to it, I hope we see quite a few take that leap this coming season

I also like our clubs desire to gamble on young players with injury problems, we’ve seen young Connor Tracey brought on board & now a young player from the tigpies, we’ve also seen players in the past such as Ben Ross, these kind of players represent impeccable value if you can get them right, our club has obviously recognised that we have a very good, very experienced rehab staff, we place great value & resources into this department, I see the players really appreciating this, it shows they are valued & will be well cared for, I think young Tracey could be a real find, supposedly the fittest most dedicated trainer at the club

Coaching? Like a lot of others, I too was sad to see Madge go, very unfortunate, especially the fact, like Richo, he too had fallen under the South’s spell, I think it’s the reason he hasn’t aligned himself with any other club, he loves the club so much, but we must move on, life is for the living, Seibold also looks like a good bloke, very astute, very enthusiastic, very learned, willing to employ new technology & new systems, his new coaching system is very exciting & I would love nothing more than for it to be a total revelation in the world of Rugby League & logically I can’t see why it shouldn’t.
Some of us have followed the game a long time, we’ve seen coaches & players come & go, life goes on, time to get behind the coaches & team

Well isn’t this whole Angus thing bloody annoying? Some have already got him in a roosters jersey,
If it’s a difference he wants to make off the field, then our prominence in indigenous Australia & our Souths care arm of our organisation seems a good fit, surely if he was to get into some extra curricular film making & starting his own charity, we have some decent links to the world of film & business?

I invisage that there will now be some input into this, both negative & positive, there are also probably some more points to make as to the overall health of our organisation, I see us in a good place, please respond & give me your opinions & I’ll of course give you the Truth

themacemaceman

Juniors
Can't argue with anything you've said here mate.
I'm looking forward to the new season and what Seibold can do with the squad.

We seem to be signing a few players who have not made it into first grade through bad luck and injury and hopefully this works out for us and is our version of "moneyball".

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
so there’s a lot of negativity & lots of ridiculous hearsay & innuendo, thankfully I have a healthy scepticism yet a positive outlook when I look towards our coming season & the general health of our great club

Recruitment I hear you all say & bemoan the lack of, let me say, I’m very impressed with the players we’ve amassed over the last few years, whilst due to constraints caused by previous administration we were obviously unable to enter the player market in a big way, yet rather than sit idle we have gathered an impressive array of young players with impeccable pedigrees, and in this day & age of ultra confident young players we do see young men entering first grade like they were born to it, I hope we see quite a few take that leap this coming season

I also like our clubs desire to gamble on young players with injury problems, we’ve seen young Connor Tracey brought on board & now a young player from the tigpies, we’ve also seen players in the past such as Ben Ross, these kind of players represent impeccable value if you can get them right, our club has obviously recognised that we have a very good, very experienced rehab staff, we place great value & resources into this department, I see the players really appreciating this, it shows they are valued & will be well cared for, I think young Tracey could be a real find, supposedly the fittest most dedicated trainer at the club

Coaching? Like a lot of others, I too was sad to see Madge go, very unfortunate, especially the fact, like Richo, he too had fallen under the South’s spell, I think it’s the reason he hasn’t aligned himself with any other club, he loves the club so much, but we must move on, life is for the living, Seibold also looks like a good bloke, very astute, very enthusiastic, very learned, willing to employ new technology & new systems, his new coaching system is very exciting & I would love nothing more than for it to be a total revelation in the world of Rugby League & logically I can’t see why it shouldn’t.
Some of us have followed the game a long time, we’ve seen coaches & players come & go, life goes on, time to get behind the coaches & team

Well isn’t this whole Angus thing bloody annoying? Some have already got him in a roosters jersey,
If it’s a difference he wants to make off the field, then our prominence in indigenous Australia & our Souths care arm of our organisation seems a good fit, surely if he was to get into some extra curricular film making & starting his own charity, we have some decent links to the world of film & business?

I invisage that there will now be some input into this, both negative & positive, there are also probably some more points to make as to the overall health of our organisation, I see us in a good place, please respond & give me your opinions & I’ll of course give you the Truth

If I saw more posts like this and less abuse towards certain members of the forum I think thatd be fantastic. You have good opinions and good posts. Loved your work in the cave though had a lot of laughs reading that.

Veracity

Juniors

Brilliant thought process, this man should be our assistant coach

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Number 1,I do not want to see Crichton in a Bunnies guernsey again.
Number 2,once again it's the stability of our spine that's going to make the difference.
# will Inglis remain injury free?
# will Cody have his mind on the job and not have his mid season walkabout dummy spit like this year...wanting out of the club,who knows?
# AR has to improve out of sight,if he doesn't how long before Seibold gives him the tap on the shoulder for Tracey to have a crack?
# And of course then we have the Farah,Cook debate for the number 9,how will Seibold handle this?
# And for mine we need the twins to step up and get back to how dominant we know they can be!
So much depends on all these factors in developing the young guys,if our shop is all over the place again with the above mentioned the confidence factor kicks in and it's a long season all over again!

Veracity

Juniors
Number 2,once again it's the stability of our spine that's going to make the difference.
# will Cody have his mind on the job and not have his mid season walkabout dummy spit like this year...wanting out of the club,who knows?
# AR has to improve out of sight,if he doesn't how long before Seibold gives him the tap on the shoulder for Tracey to have a crack?
# And of course then we have the Farah,Cook debate for the number 9,how will Seibold handle this?
# And for mine we need the twins to step up and get back to how dominant we know they can be!
So much depends on all these factors in developing the young guys,if our shop is all over the place again with the above mentioned the confidence factor kicks in and it's a long season all over again!

That’s why we have Seibold, Furner & Gentle watching & interacting with all these blokes on an almost daily basis, we have to believe that they’re capable of making the right decisions, there’s enough coaching / Rugby league experience right there to work it out

De tmTrajic

Juniors

Firstly, Angus crossed to the dark side for money. We did well to not chase him. As for the state of the ship, i like it. The young boys coming through might shock people.

De tmTrajic

Juniors
Exactly.

De tmTrajic

Juniors
We think along similar lines except i wouldn't like revenge to leave us a qyality ack rower short. Swap him for another talented young bloke by all means but let's not waste his contract money.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
We think along similar lines except i wouldn't like revenge to leave us a qyality ack rower short. Swap him for another talented young bloke by all means but let's not waste his contract money.
Was having a splash at Maroubra last week and a few of our new signings were doing some beach sprints,Vincent Leuluai and Junior Tatola are both built like tanks and with pace,some solid options there.
I have caught a few training sessions and Jesse Martin has been outstanding,he is also an option for the back row.
I just can't handle Crichton anymore,he did the unforgivable!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I'm expecting Talakai to have a breakout season in the back row.

Was found out of place a lot in defence playing in the centres, but his physical power is just ridiculous.

Makes soooo many post contact metres

Thadius

Juniors
I believe we're a fair chance at running tenth, provided Inglis, Sam and Crichton play at least 20 games.

Just another decent centre like Gagai stopping us from making the semis, so we'll plod along with Jennings, who's the best of the rest.

But if Inglis and Sam go out early, we'll be down the bottom with the hapless, pathetic Tits.

Latest posts