What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODI Squad vs England

Bazal

Post Whore
Australia squad for Gillette ODI series against England: Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Pat Cummins, Aaron Finch, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Chris Lynn, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine, Jhye Richardson, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Adam Zampa

Full story here

Langer having an impact again...Jhye Richardson? Wut?

LOL @ Maxwell

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm a fan of Lynn, but how can they hide him in the field for 50 overs? Bat first so as he doesn't have to field?
He's still finding form too. If Hastings takes a simple catch he's still looking for runs.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm a fan of Lynn, but how can they hide him in the field for 50 overs? Bat first so as he doesn't have to field?
He's still finding form too. If Hastings takes a simple catch he's still looking for runs.

They've managed to hide Fatty Finch for years, Lynn will be sweet

Matt23

Staff member
Richardson?!...might as well appoint the gnome as a selector and be done with it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the Toyman wont be happy about this, needs to get a few more interviews and talk himself up some more

lockyno1

Post Whore
Richardson?!...might as well appoint the gnome as a selector and be done with it.

There is a reason they like him- bowls upwards of 145kmph, a nice bouncer and a handy yorker, plus he can bat quite well for a number 9, great fielder too. His issue is whether he is there yet or whether he needs another season. No doubt he is in our next WC squad probably.

Bazal

Post Whore
There is a reason they like him- bowls upwards of 145kmph, a nice bouncer and a handy yorker, plus he can bat quite well for a number 9, great fielder too. His issue is whether he is there yet or whether he needs another season. No doubt he is in our next WC squad probably.

The next Billy Stanlake. Hasn't he kicked on after being picked solely on Big Bash form...what a star!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So will this be the first pick side?

Finch
Warner
Smith
Lynn
Head
Marsh
Stoinis
Paine
Starc
Cummins
Hazelwood

I've never been convinced with Zampa but I'm a big believer in having a genuine spinner in your team. Marsh isn't too bad in this caper, Tye is a decent backup for the big 3. Finch is fat and fires about once every 15 innings, i.e when his spot is in jeopardy

Bazal

Post Whore
So will this be the first pick side?

Finch
Warner
Smith
Lynn
Head
Marsh
Stoinis
Paine
Starc
Cummins
Hazelwood

I've never been convinced with Zampa but I'm a big believer in having a genuine spinner in your team. Marsh isn't too bad in this caper, Tye is a decent backup for the big 3. Finch is fat and fires about once every 15 innings, i.e when his spot is in jeopardy

Zampa is a shit long form spinner but very useful in ODI and T20 cricket, I'd have him in there. They will pick Finch, but I wouldn't

Warner
Lynn
Smith
Head
Paine
Stoinis
Marsh
Starc
Cummins
Zampa
Haze

Lynn and Head can swap if needed, personally I wouldn't mind seeing how Lynn goes at the top...he much prefers a hard ball and batting against the quicks. But Head has shown plenty opening in ODIs too.

They've potentially got a side with plenty of power. Problem is it's a side with plenty of blokes who can get 100 off 70 or get 4 off 2....

Latest posts