What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least Favourite TV Commentator (New Poll)

Least favourite TV Commentator

• Warne

Votes: 40 51.3%
  • Slater

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Healy

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Nicholas

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Lawry

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ian Chappell

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • KP

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Tubby Taylor

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Border

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Clarke

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters

PJ

First Grade
Richie bought class and respect with a desire to enhance the game and pass through the history and love of the sport.

These guys just bring ego and self interest with desire to enhance their own reputation and history.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
As we round out the test summer, nine's boy's brigade:
1. Taylor and Nicholas. Have their poor moments but compared to the rest of them are bearable.
2. Healy. Still a dumbarse trying to be an intellectual but again is at least bearable.
3. Clarke. I'v got no doubt that if he was commentating away from his mates he'd be better (even though he sounds like Effie).
4. Chappell. Boring old merkin is at least lol value because of the shit he says. Retire please.
5. Slats the sycophant. How he manages to cheer for Ostrarliaia in between polishing Warnie's knob and licking Tubby's fat arse is one of life's great mysteries.
6. Warne. merkin.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Im getting a bit fond of Chappelli :oops:, bloody weird I know. Hate the merkin for his power trip on guys like tugger but don't mind him these days. I guess he could cark it anytime then we will never hear his awesome stories, starting off "back in 1972 when I was captain...."

I actually don't mind Healy and Taylor, I dont find them anywhere near as annoying as Slater or that dickwad Warne. Clarke can just dissappear

the best commentators are over at the bbl
Gilly is my favourite by far, love his humour , knowledge and overall commentating. Punter and junior are ok too. Gus goes good too :D

King hit

Coach
I really enjoy the big bash commentators except for the AFL references. It’s the only thing I have against them but apart from that they are a breath of fresh air.

Blade23

Juniors
Nicholas hasn't bothered me this year.
Taylor has been ok but he would be better if he quietened down and took a breath between balls.
Healy is useless.We didn't need him to be brought on to critique Paines dropped catch early in the series. He offers nothing.
Chappell hasn't been to bad for an old buggar. But I am not interested in hearing his old grievances.
Clarke sounds like a boy I can't take to him,.
Slats is over the top with interjections all the time. Every time we take a wicket or Warner hits a four he goes over the top with HEY DAVEY WARNERS SMASHED IT.
Warne & KP. There is a reason why TV remotes have a mute button.
Vaughan has been great. Can we keep him and send Warne back to Pommyland?

As for the live commentary on Crickinfo it has been shit this year. Silly prediction that never eventuate, bouts of cluelessness when something happens and biased comments when the Indian dude is there.

JJ

Immortal
Danny Morrison remains woeful.
Yeah, but like Warne, Clarke, Healy, Slater et al - people keep paying him to be woeful

The Poms are generally the best IMO - Vaughan, Bumble, and even Nicholas - hell Boycott is better than Chappell in the curmudgeonly old f**k contest , and the BBL guys are better than 9

Radio commentaries in Aust and NZ are much better - O'Keefe is great, as is Coney remains great, Swann is hilarious at times

mozza91

Coach
Boycott is painful. Admittedly he does say things that are true that other commentators wouldn’t. But he’s just too big of a prick to tolerate. Chappelli is an optimistic funster by comparison.

Das Gupta

Juniors
For another year running Warne is the worst Commentator on nein.
Daylight wins second place followed by Slats, Healy and Clarke.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Mark Richardson gets a spot in the idiot box.

NZ chasing 200 on a t20 and at 6/76 after 10 he ponders: " New Zealand are batting differently tonight, it's as if their slogging ".

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yeah, but like Warne, Clarke, Healy, Slater et al - people keep paying him to be woeful

The Poms are generally the best IMO - Vaughan, Bumble, and even Nicholas - hell Boycott is better than Chappell in the curmudgeonly old f**k contest , and the BBL guys are better than 9

Radio commentaries in Aust and NZ are much better - O'Keefe is great, as is Coney remains great, Swann is hilarious at times

Did you mean Bryan Waddle and not Jeremy Coney? I know Coney is doing radio for TMS on BBC radio with Agnew and Boycott, I wasn't aware that he was still doing radio with Waddle in NZ, though. That said, he may come over for the England tour of NZ.

I agree that the radio guys are better than my of their tv equivalents - partially because they are not giving 1950's Batman tv show type commentary to replays every few seconds with "KAPOW", "BAM", "BANG", "SMASH" and "CRUNCH".

I swear sometimes that Slats, Tubby and Healey are trying to re-emulate the Batman and Robin tv show. Danny Morrison is just completely over the top and at such poor depths* all by himself - but the Indian tv audience seem to like him and that style of commentary for t20. I notice that it is t20 that he most gets contracted to do, though. So he must have appeal to fringe cricket fans.

*Ravi Shastri shouting at me that all 3** results are still possible is far from ideal too - of course they are Ravi, that is why the game is still being played. Doull does little to dispel the notion that fast bowlers aren't in danger of becoming brain surgeons.

** He himself played in a tied test as well.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Coney and Morrison were always great IMO, especially Coney

Loving that Bumble is here - the other night when talking about misadventures with oysters in Sydney - "they're meant to put lead in your pencil, but I'd no-one to write to" LOLOLOLOLOL