What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The southsport and doyen thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
How are you going doyen? Enjoying all the carry-on I hope!!! .........lol.

Going well----thanks for the songs--had never heard the Ross Wilson version of "Bed of Nails."
I'm just zooming into the forum occasionally to lighten things up a bit or mildly troll.
I do stir a bit with certain players at times for a reaction.

Mostly good, fair & friendly posters on our forum---I rarely visit any other forum;can't see the point!!
Enjoy your Xmas mate!!

southsport

First Grade
Going well----thanks for the songs--had never heard the Ross Wilson version of "Bed of Nails."
I'm just zooming into the forum occasionally to lighten things up a bit or mildly troll.
I do stir a bit with certain players at times for a reaction.

Mostly good, fair & friendly posters on our forum---I rarely visit any other forum;can't see the point!!
Enjoy your Xmas mate!!

You have a good attitude.

How's the weather up there at Bathurst?.........a bit warm i guess?

doyen

Bench
You have a good attitude.

How's the weather up there at Bathurst?.........a bit warm i guess?

It's hot at the moment--we live in a 2 storey terrace built in 1865;going on 153 yrs old---nice & cool downstairs in summer but very hard to heat d/stairs in winter.
Upstairs can be too hot in summer--my study is upstairs so need a fan!!
Hoping for a cooler Xmas Day as we'll have about 25 persons set up in our carport----in Bx one can get 4 seasons in the one day--could be building up to rain,I reckon!!

southsport

First Grade
It's hot at the moment--we live in a 2 storey terrace built in 1865;going on 153 yrs old---nice & cool downstairs in summer but very hard to heat d/stairs in winter.
Upstairs can be too hot in summer--my study is upstairs so need a fan!!
Hoping for a cooler Xmas Day as we'll have about 25 persons set up in our carport----in Bx one can get 4 seasons in the one day--could be building up to rain,I reckon!!

Top of 24C on Monday and Tuesday.

http://weather.news.com.au//nsw/central-tablelands/bathurst

doyen

Bench
It's hard to get a decent discussion going in here lately doyen.

It is-----we require a resident psychiatrist,I reckon!!

We had coolish conditions on Xmas Day & zero rain.

We went to a friend's place at Sunny Corner[30 kms from Bx] for a largish gathering of long-term friends on Boxing Day----quite cold;13 degrees + some rain!

How'd your Xmas go??

southsport

First Grade

We went to a friend's place at Sunny Corner[30 kms from Bx] for a largish gathering of long-term friends on Boxing Day----quite cold;13 degrees + some rain!

How'd your Xmas go??

Christmas was OK, family went to my sister's house at Kurnell, it was not too hot fortunately.

I stayed on a farm once at Dark Corner I think it was, nice country up there.

Scoopdog

Juniors

How'd your Xmas go??
Used to be some good pigs around sunny corner 20plus years ago

doyen

Bench
Christmas was OK, family went to my sister's house at Kurnell, it was not too hot fortunately.

I stayed on a farm once at Dark Corner I think it was, nice country up there.

God's country at Dark Corner----north of Sunny Corner.

doyen

Bench
What's the fishing like in Chifley dam?

I'm not a fisherman mate but I think it's good--it was teeming with redfin at one stage, which are pretty good eating,I believe,but regarded as a menace for some reason!
At one stage if you caught one you weren't allowed to throw it back--you left it high & dry to die on the shore if you didn't want to eat it.
Happy New Year to you & your family & have a great 2018!!

southsport

First Grade
I'm not a fisherman mate but I think it's good--it was teeming with redfin at one stage, which are pretty good eating,I believe,but regarded as a menace for some reason!
At one stage if you caught one you weren't allowed to throw it back--you left it high & dry to die on the shore if you didn't want to eat it.
Happy New Year to you & your family & have a great 2018!!

Sorry for the late reply doyen, I've been down to your old stomping ground, you probably wouldn't recognise it today!

Thanks for the info on Chifley dam, yes the redfin are not supposed to be released for some reason and yet they are reported as being excellent eating, I'll have to get up there in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts