What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex dogs/warriors steve price

st.phil

Bench
Look I am not chief of the Mary fan-club but, my god, some of you go wayyyy over the top. He may be tactically poor and cripplingly conservative in his selections…BUT…he gets the team “up” far more constantly than Price and both attack and defence have improved over his term. I know – low base. I know – he shouldn’t have been re-signed based on results…but he did.

Direct your anger at Doust / board for hiring and then re-hiring him. It is not Marys fault that the administration believe in him (and / or that he was the one they could afford) He is certainly not a deal breaker coach in terms of recruitment, exemplified by us recruiting two stars in Hunt and Graham.

In short – he’s our couch until further notice so pretty please quit the incessant whining get over it.

BennyV

Referee
Look I am not chief of the Mary fan-club but, my god, some of you go wayyyy over the top. He may be tactically poor and cripplingly conservative in his selections…BUT…he gets the team “up” far more constantly than Price and both attack and defence have improved over his term. I know – low base. I know – he shouldn’t have been re-signed based on results…but he did.

Direct your anger at Doust / board for hiring and then re-hiring him. It is not Marys fault that the administration believe in him (and / or that he was the one they could afford) He is certainly not a deal breaker coach in terms of recruitment, exemplified by us recruiting two stars in Hunt and Graham.

In short – he’s our couch until further notice so pretty please quit the incessant whining get over it.
Disagree. Mary’s shameless self-promotion and blame of others at all costs is a huge factor is his re-signing.

Old Timer

Coach
Look I am not chief of the Mary fan-club but, my god, some of you go wayyyy over the top. I know – low base. I know – he shouldn’t have been re-signed based on results…but he did.

Why make any comparison to Price?
Mc Fookknuckle lives or dies on his own achievements or lack there of.
On that basis his results are piss poor as we are not consistent contenders for the finals let alone the GF.
Re recruitment of Hunt & Graham of course Hunt was going to come regardless of who was coach as the money was undeniably great at that moment in time and in respect of Graham we didn't lure him to us we caught him as the Dogs chucked his 32 year old body out of the window
If Mc Fookknuckle offers his services then he is entitled to be scrutinised to the nth degree for what he brings or doesn't bring to the table and any judgement of Doust and the board is an entirely separate matter albeit well worth scrutinising and criticising as well.
Mc Fookknuckles contract is like buying a dud car with a 5 year warranty and you hang onto it despite the fact that it is a complete lemon and you are always hoping that it will come good but as soon as the warranty runs out you piss it off and wonder why you didn't take your losses and get rid of it earlier.

Uplifting

Juniors

Personally I think Graham was happy to get 3yr deal at this stage, and clearly you’re right, Mary didn’t make or break that deal. I think this speaks volumes though for Millward, he knew to target Vaughan and then Hunt.

I am not angry at anyone...
Just frustrated and embarrassed.
Saddling up for another year of McGregor - hoping for the best and waiting to see the end result.
The real issue is not whether McGregor is "our coach until further notice" but rather what will happen if he bombs out again?
Do we extend his contract yet again, thumb your nose at the fans and results and just accept a few more years of no premierships and mediocrity?
Will the Board admit their mistake and make a hard and objective decision regarding the coaching function for the good of the club?
If things are going poorly, is the Board prepared to make a change mid season in an attempt to salvage 2018?
I think these are all valid questions and can't be interpreted as "whining".
Over the top...after 2016 and 2017? You're kidding right?