What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qatar Sheikh Wanting To Buy NRL Club

John moz

Juniors
Wincorp had plenty of time to buy the club but still no sale .They own half and still they want to pay peanuts for the other of st.george .I say no sale give to the sheikh has billions and power gordon has no idea has become a joke.

Saintsified

Bench
Neither will happen, we are now a dud club with too much baggage and spread across regions with another region in between, even though we are married, it feels like we are the Brady bunch....only disfunctional like the Al Bundy family with a massive mortgage....good to root the mum (MILF), thats about it, something a businessman would steer away from.

Drag Queen

Bench
Neither will happen, we are now a dud club with too much baggage and spread across regions with another region in between, even though we are married, it feels like we are the Brady bunch....only disfunctional like the Al Bundy family with a massive mortgage....good to root the mum (MILF), thats about it, something a businessman would steer away from.
Beg to differ. A savvy businessman/woman would get rid of the deadwood and capitalise on the talent we have in front of us. It's there, believe it or not.

Saintsified

Bench
Beg to differ. A savvy businessman/woman would get rid of the deadwood and capitalise on the talent we have in front of us. It's there, believe it or not.
Disagree, without a transfer system, stuff your juniors crap, why produce a product (in our case players) if you cant sell it to get richer? in the NRL they are like farmers who allow other farmers to come pick their crop for free.

I get we have juniors, but imagine if we could produce them not only for our team but for others and sell them to highest bidders etc, our club would become a superclub like they spun to us we would be if we merged, now we are f**ked and a rabble, clubs poach our players for FREE.

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
Disagree, without a transfer system, stuff your juniors crap, why produce a product (in our case players) if you cant sell it to get richer? in the NRL they are like farmers who allow other farmers to come pick their crop for free.

I get we have juniors, but imagine if we could produce them not only for our team but for others and sell them to highest bidders etc, our club would become a superclub like they spun to us we would be if we merged, now we are f**ked and a rabble, clubs poach our players for FREE.
I wasn't alluding to our juniors. Who of our juniors have been poached? Please don't reference Bird or I'll slash my ankles and die a slow death...

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
I read a quote recently about the ethics of the Roosters NRL club, along the lines of:-
We buy players to play football and get businessmen to run the club....you rarely see any of their ex players in the organisation.
Our mob is the total opposite......join the line of the old boys brigade jobs for the boys mentality.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I read a quote recently about the ethics of the Roosters NRL club, along the lines of:-
We buy players to play football and get businessmen to run the club....you rarely see any of their ex players in the organisation.
Our mob is the total opposite......join the line of the old boys brigade jobs for the boys mentality.

Yes Coffs, we have a congo line of try hards, bludgers, urges, misfits and jellybacks leading all the way to the top.

They would however make excellent politicians.

Life's Good

Coach

And this is why the Roosters have been consistently strong(Melbourne & NQ are the same). I certainly don't expect we will win the comp every year but I do expect we will be a competitive proposition on the field as well as off it.
Take away 2009, 10 & 11 and it is clear we are a club that drifts between sometimes competitive and other times an also ran.
A business , run by competent professionals, would not tolerate year after year of poor performance. It would simply go bust. The cold hard facts are that if we weren't getting a leg up by the NRL we would probably be at death's door(if not walking along the pathway to it).

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Must agree with just about all that has been said by you gentlemen and ladies . To my way of thinking the Dragons have indeed been on life support now for a number of years . If not for the loans from the NRL just where would we be ? Up shat creek , a hell of a long way up !

Each and every one of us knows that until those idiots in the boardroom are replace with , as Drag Queen has said , with astute businessmen/ women the Joint Venture will continue to sink into that big bog of quicksand and eventually into oblivion . We will become another North Sydney or Newtown , both great teams in their day , but now only a distant memory .

All Dragons supporters deserve better than that , there must be someway out of this mess before it is too late ?

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Merge they said, SUPERCLUB they said, DOH.

I see nothing wrong with the merge.
I see everything wrong with our management.

Our history will show that we are a Super club...... in need of some real super management.

Maybe the time will come where the fans will be required to save the club from oblivion. Hope it doesn’t revert to that but it wouldn’t surprise me if it did.

Saintsified

Bench
I see nothing wrong with the merge.
I see everything wrong with our management.

Our history will show that we are a Super club...... in need of some real super management.

Maybe the time will come where the fans will be required to save the club from oblivion. Hope it doesn’t revert to that but it wouldn’t surprise me if it did.

I agree, I'm just saying that was the ARL Super league spin, merge and be powerhouses. Not one merge worked out like that, Northern Eagles fail, Wests Tigers and us are paupers. Both Saints and Steelers would probably be better off today had they of not merged, Sharks were worse off than both our entities, now standalone better than our JV and the other two JVs.

No club shouldve listened to the powers that were.

Life's Good

Coach
I agree, I'm just saying that was the ARL Super league spin, merge and be powerhouses. Not one merge worked out like that, Northern Eagles fail, Wests Tigers and us are paupers. Both Saints and Steelers would probably be better off today had they of not merged, Sharks were worse off than both our entities, now standalone better than our JV and the other two JVs.

No club shouldve listened to the powers that were.

The only JV that seems to have worked is the one between the Roosters & the salary cap auditors:wink:

John moz

Juniors
Sheikh to buy st .george we are a sydney club and 1 of the best in the nrl .Bruce gordon wants games in Wollongong so he can have illlawarra who needs juniors when you have the cash just look at the roosters buy who you want.

Saintsified

Bench
Sheikh to buy st .george we are a sydney club and 1 of the best in the nrl .Bruce gordon wants games in Wollongong so he can have illlawarra who needs juniors when you have the cash just look at the roosters buy who you want.
and even who they dont want, just cause they can.

Merge they said, SUPERCLUB they said, DOH.
Why would you even tamper with the St. George "Saints" identity?
Super club? if it wasn't so tragic it would be funny.
How can a Super club have a coach whose previous gig was a couple of years coaching reserve grade.
What sort of Super Club management would endorse this unchecked path to mediocrity?
Let's get our priorities right..
1. CLUB FIRST - Get rid of the cronies and the old boys culture.
2. STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE - THAT MEANS PREMIERSHIPS!!
3. RESPECT YOUR FAN BASE - you know, the ones that sit on the edge of their seat every weekend living every moment of every game with the team they support and adore.

possm

Coach

I have always thought that the best structure for our merger was for the Illawarra partners to become a junior leagues club in a similar fashion to what South Sydney Juniors are. In that way Illawarra could contract promising juniors to the age 21 and manage our junior competition. St George could than pick the best of the best and the rest would be released to other clubs at a price.