What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your world 11 in all three formats

Wizardman

First Grade
Current players only.

Tests

Warner
Pujara
Kohli
Smith
Williamson
Du Plessis
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

ODI

Warner
Sharma
Kohli
Smith
DeVilliers
Stokes
Dhoni
Afridi
Starc
Amir
Hazlewood

T20

Gayle
Warner
Sharma
Kohli
Devilliers
Stokes
Dhoni
Afridi
Starc
Amir
Hazlewood

Bazal

Post Whore
Paine? Wut?

I'm bored enough

Tests

Warner
Ali
Amla
Pujara
Smith
Williamson
De Kock
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood
Rabada

Thankfully there are no Indians here anymore to blow up at the glaring omission...

ODI

Sharma
Warner
Kohli
ABDV
Shakib al Hasan
Babar Azam
De Kock
Starc
Rashid Khan
Hasan Ali
Hazlewood

T20

Gayle
Hales
Kohli
ABDV
Evin Lewis
Maxwell
Buttler
Faulkner
Cummins
Rashid Khan
Bumrah

TheParraboy

Staff member
My test XI - who gives a shit about the other formats

This side would give any 2nd string Shield side a decent run. I challenge anyone to disagree

Cook
Guptil
Kholi
Root
MMarsh
Stokes
Wade
Moeen Ali
Siddle
Ishant
Anderson
12th man: Aaron Finch

JJ

Immortal
Tests

Amla
Ali
Pujara
Smith
Williamson
Kohli
De Kock
Ashwin
Rabada
Hazlewood
Anderson

12th:
Boult/Jadeja

Shame Steyn and de Villiers aren't fit

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Be interesting to see what people's test teams are India and Aus tour Safrica in the next few months.

For SA:

Markram and Maharaj are emerging. Will they be validated as stars? Is Elgar going to become an elite?

Morkel - will his late career renaissance continue to blossom? But will he even make the tram if Steyn fit???

For BCCI:

How will their stars travel.

For Aus:

Are Straya's fast bowlers the best seam attack as constantly claimed by ch 9 and Fox commentators or Rabada, Morkel/Steyn and Philander spoil the party?

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Depends on where this World XI is playing, 2-3 players automatically fall out if it's out of the sub-continent.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'll spin this a bit. What players would make all 3 XIs?

Probably only Smith, ABDV and Kholi. Maybe Starc.

JJ

Immortal
I'll spin this a bit. What players would make all 3 XIs?

Probably only Smith, ABDV and Kholi. Maybe Starc.

Smith's not a lock for ODI or T20 IMO - but could be in all three. Kohli would definitely be in all 3, AB has barely played a test so not sure you can put him in the test team except on reputation ? Starc could be behind a few in the test lineups too but in the discussion

de Kock perhaps?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Smith's not a lock for ODI or T20 IMO - but could be in all three. Kohli would definitely be in all 3, AB has barely played a test so not sure you can put him in the test team except on reputation ? Starc could be behind a few in the test lineups too but in the discussion

de Kock perhaps?
QDK, Faf, Amla, Root, Stokes, KW, Boult, Shakib, and a generous shout to Mathews from SL, Dharwan, Sharma, Rahul, Pandya, are just so chopped and changed by India, but have great mutli format numbers of late. These are the arguable further candidates for discussion. But noone is really demanding for Sharma or Pandya's inclusion in a World Test XI today. Bumrah has only started tests now. There appears to be noone from WI. AFG will have high test hopes for RKhan (and Nabi). And of course Warner as I posted above.

Morkel may make his way back to T20 heights in the future, and Rabada may start starring more in the future. But they're not really T20 candidates at present. I think Rabada will definitely be in the future tho. He was more than useful to a star in WT20 in India and only 22 with so much cricket success under his belt already. He was dominant in the SA domestic T20 comp this year. But pretty ordinary in the IPL this year.

Mustafizur went off the boil in tests lately.

Last edited:
I've always thought an All Stars game after the ODI and T20 World Cups would be fun.

Two teams stacked with the best performers from all countries.

Who doesn't want to see Steyn and Starc and Ashwin duelling against Smith, Kohli or Gayle?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tests:

1. Azhar Ali
2. David Warner
3. Steve Smith
4. Virat Kohli
5. Kane Williamson
6. Quinton de Kock
7. Shakib al Hasan
8. Ravi Ashwin
9. Vernon Philander
10. Mitchell Starc
11. Kagiso Rabada

Tough choice between Philander and Hazlewood. But I can't ignore Vernon's sub 22 avg; plus he's also a very handy lower order batsman.

Also Shakib has to be there. Great test player. I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned more but then playing for the Bangas you tend to fly under the radar.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not bad Tommy but I'd have Hazelwood over Starc, Lyon over Ashwin and Stokes over Shakib.

Hazelwood is the best of our pace attack.

Ashwin is great in India, MoenAliLike anywhere else.

Stokes is quality, easily the best allrounder going around.

JJ

Immortal
If Philander played in Australia his average would be 40
Nice story - but in actual games he's played in Australia it's 30

Actually I think I misunderstood, you meant with the bat? Yes, I agree

Last edited:

Latest posts