What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Roar Article

Coffs dragon

Bench
Dragons look strong in both divisions too. I think we may be seeing a very good year in all 3 grades in 2018. Could it be another 1985?
Hope not as I was at the 85 GF and that 1st grade loss still hurts!! I don't remember anything noteworthy about the reserve grade & third grade (U23's) GF victory.
With all due respect I do not see any similarity between an articulate & clever coach in Roy Masters and the dribbling Mary, except they both enjoyed a Beer:beers:

Crush

Coach
Hope not as I was at the 85 GF and that 1st grade loss still hurts!! I don't remember anything noteworthy about the reserve grade & third grade (U23's) GF victory.
With all due respect I do not see any similarity between an articulate & clever coach in Roy Masters and the dribbling Mary, except they both enjoyed a Beer:beers:
Yes I too was at the grand final as a youngster and remember crying into my lemonade at full time

denis preston

First Grade
Masters was out coached big time by Warren Ryan in this game. His compressed defence with outside backs offside all day ( only 1 ref remember ) , Kicks into the ingoal for dropkick restarts ( which resulted in the rule change ), defenders laying all over us in the ruck and far more toughness than us. Only worked it out too late with kicks behind the defense for Morris to score.This should have been worked out at half time.

Crush

Coach
Surely you wouldn't wish that upon us. I'd rather win the first grade GF than have 3 teams in the GF and lose the first grade GF.
Id say if we won the comp in the two lower grades and came runners up in 1st grade we would have had a pretty good year with plenty to cheer about...

SaintPauli

Juniors
Masters was out coached big time by Warren Ryan in this game. His compressed defence with outside backs offside all day ( only 1 ref remember ) , Kicks into the ingoal for dropkick restarts ( which resulted in the rule change ), defenders laying all over us in the ruck and far more toughness than us. Only worked it out too late with kicks behind the defense for Morris to score.This should have been worked out at half time.
Yes Ryan did exploit a rule that was inevitably changed by the NRL because of the lacklustre display grand final witnessed. Morris scored at the end making the score look respectable at 7 to 6. The Dragons were by far the better team that year winning the minor premiership in all 3 grades but falling short on grand final day. That day hurt really bad and adds to my determination to win every time we play the bullgrubs.

Life's Good

Coach
Yes Ryan did exploit a rule that was inevitably changed by the NRL because of the lacklustre display grand final witnessed. Morris scored at the end making the score look respectable at 7 to 6. The Dragons were by far the better team that year winning the minor premiership in all 3 grades but falling short on grand final day. That day hurt really bad and adds to my determination to win every time we play the bullgrubs.

It’s a shame that attitude wasn’t adopted in the last round of 2017.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Canterbury nailed us down in the in Goal, good game plan at the time, oh if only someone was in support of Graeme Win when he made that tackle bust, just showed we thought we would show up and win it.
The storm GF hurt me the most, I still cant watch it again, followed by the second Grand final against the Broncos, we froze.

Life's Good

Coach
Canterbury nailed us down in the in Goal, good game plan at the time, oh if only someone was in support of Graeme Win when he made that tackle bust, just showed we thought we would show up and win it.
The storm GF hurt me the most, I still cant watch it again, followed by the second Grand final against the Broncos, we froze.
Prior to attending the 99 GF, we gathered at my mates place for a bite & catch up to ease our nerves. One of his sisters took a photo of us all(12 of us)pumped & excited. That photo has never been seen. A horrible day which I can’t erase from my memory.

Latest posts