What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Gareth67

First Grade
Off the beaten track somewhat , however what about the wonderful performances of Alex De Minaur !
The young man has fought his way into the Sydney International Final this Sunday after some absolutely outstanding shows of skill and determination .

He is without doubt an exemplary young man who is such a great example to our youth of today . A life giving injection into any sport . Far better than those other 2 nuckleheads who have been dominating the tennis scene for too long now in Australia .

Win , lose or draw on Sunday Alex , you have done so much for tennis in this country in one summer with your class and all round sportsmanship . The very best of luck to you young man .

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I went to watch him play last night in Homebush and I'm heading to Melbourne for the Australian Open next week, definitely going to make sure I get the chance to watch him again.

The kid has serious talent, and he's not a one hit wonder either (pardon the pun). Amazing net play, good consistent ground stroker and f**k me... He is quick. You just can't drop shot this kid. Should get him on the wing for St George!
It's good that he's got Lleyton in his box as well, he will instil that belief and determination in him that every player in the top 10 has. Not to mention humility, which he seems to already have in spades.

He will start to put a little more muscle onto his frame as he grows older to help with his power, I think that's the only area where he could improve, that and having a little trouble with body serves. Apart from that, we've got a quality player on our hands! And he chose to play for Australia over Spain, big call, very admirable.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Off the beaten track somewhat , however what about the wonderful performances of Alex De Minaur !
The young man has fought his way into the Sydney International Final this Sunday after some absolutely outstanding shows of skill and determination .

He is without doubt an exemplary young man who is such a great example to our youth of today . A life giving injection into any sport . Far better than those other 2 nuckleheads who have been dominating the tennis scene for too long now in Australia .

Win , lose or draw on Sunday Alex , you have done so much for tennis in this country in one summer with your class and all round sportsmanship . The very best of luck to you young man .

You can’t be serious!
( sorry, l’ve always wanted to say that )
Good post mate.

Game, set, match.
Thank ballboys & girls.
Thank you linespeople.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Regrets - I've had a few.....
Number 2 on the list - Sorry boys - I was that good.
Number 1 - Yep, Her name was.....
Number 3 - Pulling the pin on my rugby league career. Hmmmmmm
And Yep - Game - Set - Match, to all 3

Crush

Coach
I went to watch him play last night in Homebush and I'm heading to Melbourne for the Australian Open next week, definitely going to make sure I get the chance to watch him again.

The kid has serious talent, and he's not a one hit wonder either (pardon the pun). Amazing net play, good consistent ground stroker and f**k me... He is quick. You just can't drop shot this kid. Should get him on the wing for St George!
It's good that he's got Lleyton in his box as well, he will instil that belief and determination in him that every player in the top 10 has. Not to mention humility, which he seems to already have in spades.

He will start to put a little more muscle onto his frame as he grows older to help with his power, I think that's the only area where he could improve, that and having a little trouble with body serves. Apart from that, we've got a quality player on our hands! And he chose to play for Australia over Spain, big call, very admirable.
Tom I am a just worried about this kid putting on too much muscle too quickly. He will lose his speed and will become injury prone. ;)

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I believe at 18 Alex is better than an other Australian player I have seen in the last 50 years. He has all the shots plus wonderful self belief and temperament. Hewitt seems to be imprpving all the Australian players. Kyrgios won
Brisbane and hopefully De Minaur will win Sydney and another Aussie the Australian 0pen.

SaintPauli

Juniors
I'll be very much looking forward to Davis Cup ties once again. Its been a while ! Kyrgios and De Minaur for singles we have a great future.

P.S. D4L

denis preston

First Grade
Needs to develop a descent serve but hope that as his body grows will help this in the next 4 to 5 years growth.. That was the downfall for Hewitt but geez the rest of his game is " spectacular "

Saintsified

Bench
I believe at 18 Alex is better than an other Australian player I have seen in the last 50 years. He has all the shots plus wonderful self belief and temperament. Hewitt seems to be imprpving all the Australian players. Kyrgios won
Brisbane and hopefully De Minaur will win Sydney and another Aussie the Australian 0pen.
Hewitt? Alex trained his entire career in Spain, Australia ignored him, now Hewitt is leaching on him taking accolades, Alex has a Spanish coach and always did. Tennis Australia is too busy naturalising Daria and co and not focusing on their home bred kids enough.

TruSaint

Referee
Wow Tomic needs some help. Who is advising him ? He is off the charts with his comments and attitude. Piss poor and thats being polite.

I honestly hoped he would have matured, but it seems what he says he means.. Sure making $$$ is great, but the need to brag about it and insinuate that makes him somehow superior is moronic.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Wow Tomic needs some help. Who is advising him ? He is off the charts with his comments and attitude. Piss poor and thats being polite.

I honestly hoped he would have matured, but it seems what he says he means.. Sure making $$$ is great, but the need to brag about it and insinuate that makes him somehow superior is moronic.
I almost feel had for the kid. A good deal of these issues are caused by a father forcing a child into tennis without nurturing that passion alongside the talent. Now he's 23 or so, knows only one things which no doubt has a negative association in his mind due to these issues as well as media.

Sure, he's made a lot of money and will make more. But right now he essentially has no life beyond his tennis career, something he doesn't even enjoy. This and being hated by everyone must weigh on a young bloke's mind quite a bit. I think he could do with a year off. Skipping the Open is probably a good thing for him

Gareth67

First Grade
I almost feel had for the kid. A good deal of these issues are caused by a father forcing a child into tennis without nurturing that passion alongside the talent. Now he's 23 or so, knows only one things which no doubt has a negative association in his mind due to these issues as well as media.

Sure, he's made a lot of money and will make more. But right now he essentially has no life beyond his tennis career, something he doesn't even enjoy. This and being hated by everyone must weigh on a young bloke's mind quite a bit. I think he could do with a year off. Skipping the Open is probably a good thing for him

Agree , this half wit needs time away from the game full stop . Perhaps he could also find himself full time employment in a ' hard yakka ' environment , away from all the luxuries of life .

That will certainly help him appreciate just how hard it is for most people to earn a dollar in the real world . He can not continue along in life with that type of attitude , as it will come back one day and bite him hard on the arse .

TruSaint

Referee

Whilst i dont know his background, and maybe what you say is right, but at 23 he is an adult. He hasnt spoken in these terms once. There are many kids with great desire and potential but lack $$$ to get the right coach, equipment, support, endorsements etc who would love a crack at this gig. If he keeps this attitude up, sponsors will bail on him. He obviously doesnt have the desire to play the game, yet brags about the riches the game has brought him.

epDragon62

First Grade
Whilst i dont know his background, and maybe what you say is right, but at 23 he is an adult. He hasnt spoken in these terms once. There are many kids with great desire and potential but lack $$$ to get the right coach, equipment, support, endorsements etc who would love a crack at this gig. If he keeps this attitude up, sponsors will bail on him. He obviously doesnt have the desire to play the game, yet brags about the riches the game has brought him.
Basically, he is a wanker and feeling sorry for him is pointless. He is now a product of his background but perfectly capable of making choices.

I find him unworthy of representing Australia in any way shape or form, and the sooner the system spits him out the better it will be.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Look at the gulf of difference opening up between Tomic and Kygrios. Tomic is going off the rails, while Kygrios is maturing and improving every tournament now. Not to mention Nick's charity work and teamwork in the Davis Cup as well.

Crush

Coach
He's 25 actually

Latest posts