What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Junior Reps - SG Ball & H Matts

I saw the Knights in a trial a few weeks ago. Their SG Ball half looks very very good

Was this against the Roosters.?
There key halves & starting halves didn't play that day. I was told the 2 halves that game were year young Bederus & an Aboriginal kid call William Baker apparently William was outstanding

kbw

Bench
Was this against the Roosters.?
There key halves & starting halves didn't play that day. I was told the 2 halves that game were year young Bederus & an Aboriginal kid call William Baker apparently William was outstanding

I think that was the one William Baker. I was very impressed.'

There is also another kid that moved from Sydney to the valley last year and has a bucket load of potential, Tallis Duncan in the HM will do very well if given an opportunity

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NSWRL has been shut since the week before Christmas, re-opens tomorrow. Expect something this week.

Draw
Harold Matthews Cup follow SG Ball unless a team n Ball dosent have one in Matts

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 2 .png
    2 .png
    99.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 3 .png
    3 .png
    135.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 4 .png
    4 .png
    137 KB · Views: 37

Timmah

Staff member
Wouldn't take anything as gospel until released by NSWRL, especially without venues and kickoff times.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Wests vs Balmain should be interesting, provided the draw is accurate.

Hopefully something comes up this week, being just under a month until the comps kick off.

Tigers1986

Juniors
No news at all.

No draw yet either. Less than a month until the season starts. I'm sure the clubs would have a copy though.

From the alleged SG Ball draw above, it makes me wonder who's missing from the Matts comp - Western Sydney Academy or South West Sydney Academy

big hit!

Bench
That's a flawed fixture schedule. Some team could play 9 'weaker' sides and easily qualify for the finals, whilst a 'strong' side could face similarly strong opposition and miss out.

It's a tough puzzle to work out with it only being 9 weeks of regular footy and make it fair on all parties. Splitting into conferences and locking those teams into conferences for 2 seasons may be a way around it (2 x 9) and have the top 4 of each conference make up the top 8 for the finals. Final standings are awarded points over the 2 seasons, e.g. premiers get 18 points. Use these rankings to formulate the next two years of conferences.

2018 - play everyone in your conference
2019 - play everyone not in your conference

If there's any situation that requires groupings for fixturing and finals qualification, it is this where 17-18 teams play only half that number of games in a regular season.

Timmah

Staff member
Judging on that draw posted on the previous page, it looks like each comp will only have 16 teams - the 15 regulars with HMatts (SWSAS) and Ball (WA Pirates) filling that 16th slot

Balmain
Canberra
Canterbury
Central Coast Roosters
Cronulla
Illawarra
Manly
Newcastle
North Sydney
Parramatta
Penrith
St George
South Sydney
Sydney Roosters
Western Suburbs
HM - SWSAS / SGB - WA

Am I missing any club/s?

girvie

Staff member
SWAS didn't enter a Harold Matts team last year, so unless they are back this year there will only be 15 Harold Matts teams.

This Weekends Trial Matches

Harold Matts & SG Ball

Friday 19th Jan

Penrith V Parramatta @ Patrician Brothers Blacktown 6.30pm (SG Ball)

Saturday 20th Jan9.

Canterbury V Wests @ Terry Lamb Reserve. 9am (HM) 11am (SG Ball)

Penrith V Parramatta @ Patrician Brothers Blacktown 8.30am (HM)

Cronulla v Cronulla Oppose Session between HM & SG Ball @ Cronulla High. 8am

St George V Sydney Roosters @ Norford Park. 9am (HM) 10.30am (SG Ball)

North Sydney V Illawarra @ TG Milner Field. 9.30am (HM) 11am (SG Ball)

Canberra V Newcastle @ Aubrey Keech Reserve. 1.30pm (HM) 3pm (SG Ball)

Central Coast Roosters V Balmain @ Morry Breen. 9.30am (HM) 11.30am (SG Ball)

Tarsha Gale

Friday 19th Jan

Canterbury V Wests Tigers @ Terry Lamb Reserve 5pm

Penrith V Parramatta @ Patrician Brothers Blacktown - Field 2. 6.30pm

Saturday 20th Jan

St George V Sydney Roosters @ Norford Park Field 2. 9.30am

Canberra V Newcastle @ Aubrey Keech Reserve. 12pm

Development Games

Friday 19th Jan

Canterbury V Wests @ Terry Lamb Reserve. 6pm (U/15), 7.15pm (U/17)

Saturday 20th Jan

Penrith V Parramatta @ Patrician Brothers Blacktown Field 2. 8.30am (U/15)

Canberra V Newcastle @ Aubrey Keech Reserve Field 2. 12pm (U/17), 1.30pm (U/14)

Tigers1986

Juniors
I think it's WSAS that are in Matts.

All would be cleared up with a draw release lol. Still the wait continues. 23 days until the first game of the season.

Timmah

Staff member
WSAS have withdrawn from both, SWSAS have indeed withdrawn from Matts.

Ball is 16 teams, Matts 15. Draw release next week. The games are locked in, just waiting on venue & time confirmations.