What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pakistan in NZ - Pyjama tour 2017/18

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hafeez and Malik were very talented batting allrounders. But now form a weak batting core.

For a country that gave us Hanif Mohammad and family, Miandad, Abbas, Anwar, Inzi, Moyo, YK and Misbah - these are dark days.

Iafeta

Referee
I thought NZs total on that wicket would be far too good for Pakistan. It wasn't a wicket you could stand there and belt through the ball, it seemed tennis ball like and never arrived. Difficult to time the ball. Which was fine because it gave the bowlers a chance.

Trent Boult is a brilliant ODI performer. He's been outstanding this summer. I can't believe though how bad Azhar Ali looks nowadays as a bat.

Meth

Staff member
Looks like it's Southee's day today.

Harris Sohail- isn't this the guy that got spooked by a ghost last time he was here?

Iafeta

Referee
Horrific shot from Fakhar. Yes he's got a couple of 50s on tour but he's the biggest fluke slogger I've seen. His favourite shot is hoy to cow corner.

Iafeta

Referee
This is bad. Shoaib was batting without a helmet. He set off for a quick single and has worn a sidearm throw straight to the back of the head. The throw was that hard it smacked off his skull to the boundary. Poor bloke.

Meth

Staff member
Scary stuff

Interesting to see Williamson getting through a bunch of overs. I was wondering why his bowling had become virtually a thing of the past the other day with Astle's inclusion. If we need a part time dibbly dobbler who can snag the occasional wicket, Williamson seems as good as any.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I like the Munro round the wicket off cutter (circa 100km off spin without a front foot pivot) tactic but NZ have not perfected the field. 6 singles there.

Meth

Staff member
There's more runs in this NZ batting lineup today (CDG for Astle). Pakistan are going to be about 50 runs short, the way this is heading (assuming they finish up somewhere around 250-260)

vvvrulz

Coach
Solid total, but won't be enough if Munro tees off for 8-10 overs.

We are top heavy, if Pakistan get early breaks we have a game.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Top heavy?

I like this, lots of power and Santner at 8

I'd like it more if CDG started scoring runs in wins and bowled his quota (and well) more often.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see CDG succeed and be a top odi allrounder for NZ. But he hasn't meaningfully contributed to a win yet outside tests.

vvvrulz is prolly making a point of batsmen 5 to 8 being somewhat unreliable where the top with Gup, KW and Taylor is world class and Munro has been paying good dividends of late.

JJ

Immortal
I know the point he's making, just to me this lineup is less top heavy than with Astle there

Latest posts