What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBL 07

Who is your team?

• Total voters

Travitoh

First Grade
I'v not watched much over the past week apart from last night but looking at the table, the top 4/5 is tight. Home finals will be crucial and nobody can afford to drop a game in the run in.
Darcy Short is in some form at the moment and will leave a huge hole in the Hobart line up should he get the ODI call up he deserves.

Brisbane's catching could cost them dearly here

callmack1

Staff member
I'v not watched much over the past week apart from last night but looking at the table, the top 4/5 is tight. Home finals will be crucial and nobody can afford to drop a game in the run in.
Darcy Short is in some form at the moment and will leave a huge hole in the Hobart line up should he get the ODI call up he deserves.

Brisbane's catching could cost them dearly here
I've missed a few games and won't be able to watch tonight but it's getting extremely tight and exciting like you say. A lot could change with departing players due to the ODI's and it's going to be interesting to see how some teams cope.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I've missed a few games and won't be able to watch tonight but it's getting extremely tight and exciting like you say. A lot could change with departing players due to the ODI's and it's going to be interesting to see how some teams cope.
I watched bots and pieces of tonight.

What a knock from Darcy Short.... you missed the best BBL innings by a batsmen and his 121 knocks off the previous highest scorer in BBL history of Luke Wright's 118..... Short will make it for the Aussie T20 side soon enough...

Controversy as well with Alex Ross being given out for obstructing the field and they thought when he was trying to make his crease that he obstructed the line of the ball so they gcave him out...... I didn't think it was intentional......

McCullum and Bailey had a 10-15 minute discussion about it after the game....

No doubt it'll be on when they meet again next Monday in Hobart... I actually predict Brisbane will bounce back....

Also Jofra Archer took a caught and bowled blinder.... best I have seen. Cutting pretty much murdered the ball back straight and Archer kinda jumped and put his right hand up really really quickly and the ball stuck......

callmack1

Staff member
I watched bots and pieces of tonight.

What a knock from Darcy Short.... you missed the best BBL innings by a batsmen and his 121 knocks off the previous highest scorer in BBL history of Luke Wright's 118..... Short will make it for the Aussie T20 side soon enough...

Controversy as well with Alex Ross being given out for obstructing the field and they thought when he was trying to make his crease that he obstructed the line of the ball so they gcave him out...... I didn't think it was intentional......

McCullum and Bailey had a 10-15 minute discussion about it after the game....

No doubt it'll be on when they meet again next Monday in Hobart... I actually predict Brisbane will bounce back....

Also Jofra Archer took a caught and bowled blinder.... best I have seen. Cutting pretty much murdered the ball back straight and Archer kinda jumped and put his right hand up really really quickly and the ball stuck......
Sounds like an awesome game, I recorded it so I'll catch up on it when I get home this evening.

Travitoh

First Grade
Gee AUsman was good tonight. He definitely enjoys dropping back to Big Bash.
Sandhu was clutch tonight. Bowled a treat and got a bit of swagger back.
Could the Thunder force their way in yet?

Travitoh

First Grade
McClenaghan definitely keeps games interesting! I wouldn't be surprised if R20 handed him a one way ticket back to NZ

callmack1

Staff member
Gee AUsman was good tonight. He definitely enjoys dropping back to Big Bash.
Sandhu was clutch tonight. Bowled a treat and got a bit of swagger back.
Could the Thunder force their way in yet?
Hell yea! Usman was outstanding, I think that's four BBL games in a row he's got 50 or over.

Cartwright and Bancroft did well to put up a fight for the Scorchers but I can't help but feel that they're on the slide.

Looking forward to tonight's game, the most visually appealing games of the season where Red and Green combine haha. I hope the Stars can at least put up a fight.

Travitoh

First Grade
Hell yea! Usman was outstanding, I think that's four BBL games in a row he's got 50 or over.

Cartwright and Bancroft did well to put up a fight for the Scorchers but I can't help but feel that they're on the slide.

Looking forward to tonight's game, the most visually appealing games of the season where Red and Green combine haha. I hope the Stars can at least put up a fight.

Look at the players Perth have missing and it's understandable why.

KP wound the clock back tonight. Great innings and Stars are looking home here with 9 overs to play but who knows

Travitoh

First Grade
Huge game tonight for the Strikers, though i don't see them going all the way without Head and the soon to depart Kahn. We all wrote off Hobart at the start but I'm now considering having a punt on them to win the lot

Rabbits20

Immortal
Huge game tonight for the Strikers, though i don't see them going all the way without Head and the soon to depart Kahn. We all wrote off Hobart at the start but I'm now considering having a punt on them to win the lot
I'm watching the tennis but wow Carey.....

callmack1

Staff member
I'm missing this game and I'll have to catch up on it tomorrow. However, you're right it's a big game.

Things are going to get very interesting between the Renegades, Heat and Hurricanes. Who's gonna be the top four? I think the Canes an certainly make it if Short keeps up his form.

Travitoh

First Grade
I'm missing this game and I'll have to catch up on it tomorrow. However, you're right it's a big game.

Things are going to get very interesting between the Renegades, Heat and Hurricanes. Who's gonna be the top four? I think the Canes an certainly make it if Short keeps up his form.

Bailey, Doolan, Christian and Wade are a decent support cast too. Where they fall over is their attack - only Jofra Archer is holding them together at the moment.

Latest posts