What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast

shiznit

Coach
Does anyone listen to this??

I’ve been listening to it for about 8 or so years... I came across it through my love of MMA and BJJ.

He’s always had really good and interesting guests... across lots of different areas.

But my god has he gone up another level this week...

John Danaher on Tuesday, Danika Patrick yesterday and Mel Gibson today...

It’s got me starting to wonder how popular his podcast is these days...

shiznit

Coach
The John Danaher was fascinating...

For anyone who’s interested in BJJ or just martial arts he’s a f**king wizard.

Zigwaa

Bench
I've not listened to his but heard good things.

I'm regular listener to the Tim Ferriss show and Jocko podcast, they've both been Joe's show too I believe.

Danish

Referee
Not a regular listener but always love his interviews when he has an interesting guest on.

His interview with Neil Degrasse Tyson was particularly good. They got into the moon landing hoax conspiracy theory, which was interesting because Rogan used to believe it was faked. What made it cool was that Rogan didn't allow Tyson to simply dismiss conspiracy nuts with a wave of the hand, and made him supply analysis and response to various details of the conspiracy.

It made Tyson actually stop, think, and respond in an eloquent and reasonable manner, and made his scientific explanations to why the conspiracy is wrong that much stronger.

I would love to see him talk to a climate change expert and do the same thing. I listen to various science podcasts and far too many of them just wave off any semblance of a question about that topic as "flat earther nonsense", or if they do offer up any explanation they just use a bunch of logical fallacies to do so (most frequently argument from authority). I reckon Rogan would have the ability to actually drag proper thought out explanations from them on explaining how and why climate change is occurring.

shiznit

Coach
Anyone catch his podcast with Elon Musk?? f**king wild I thought... Twitter went into a meltdown when he hit a J... :joy::joy:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting dude, listened to some parts but 2hrs+ is too long for my attention span when you don’t really know what you’re in for

The John Ronson ones are good

gUt

Coach
I've changed my mind a bit on this. He does have interesting guests and occasionally an interesting discussion breaks out but Joe often derails the guest with some inane, off-topic diatribe that usually ends with something like "I MEAN THAT'S JUST f**kING NUTS, RIGHT?!" I've smoked too much weed with too many dumbarses to be interested in that sort of 'insight' for long.

shiznit

Coach
Had a great one today with ESPN Boxing analyst and Boxing trainer Teddy Atlas.

He can ramble a bit and Joe really let him go but I found it great.

You have to take what he says about Tyson with a grain of salt considering their history... but even then slot of what he said about Tyson made sense...

Definitely worth a listen...

Fire

First Grade
Had a great one today with ESPN Boxing analyst and Boxing trainer Teddy Atlas.

He can ramble a bit and Joe really let him go but I found it great.

You have to take what he says about Tyson with a grain of salt considering their history... but even then slot of what he said about Tyson made sense...

Definitely worth a listen...
Agree 100%. (I'm biased being a massive boxing fan) but that one today with Teddy was awesome. And it was good Joe mostly STFU.

Also, what Teddy said re: Tyson was a very unique way of looking at him (and one I thought even applies to Ben Hunt perhaps?). Great insight.

Great podcast.

Tyson excerpt below:

p.s. his take on Joe Louis v Max Schmeling (I) was exceptional:

Latest posts