What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you select your team to support

Generalzod

Immortal
My family were born in Mascot, so all but my grandma loved Souths.
Moved to South Hurstville. Then Mortdale/Pensy after i was born.
So could have gone for Souths or Dragons. But Grandma loved Cronulla.
So i chose Cronulla.

All teams have won only one each since ive been alive.
Great place Mascot

Lambretta

First Grade
I arrived in Oz in late 1995 and started watching League on TV in 96 and started taking a proper interest during the split Super League comp era

I narrowed my choice to three teams - my first requirement was that the team had to be utterly shit, so watching them made me miserable and on the verge of slitting my wrists. As a West Ham fan, this is normal behaviour.

Beyond that, dickhead fans and crap team song would also rate highly

I narrowed it down to three teams - Souths, Cronulla and Easts (in retrospect, the Bulldogs should have gotten more of a look in)

I liked the idea of Souths - I used to buy doubles to fundraise for Souths Juniors whilst working in Mascot. This is what really got me into League.

My company had a showroom in Miranda and I love Light Blue jerseys (having worn light blue / dark blue in a school team) so Cronulla were a chance.

But I was living in Double Bay and I asked my brother in law "what are Easts like as a team"
His response sealed it for me "They're rubbish, absolutely shit, they'll never win anything"

I was sold.

thorson1987

Coach
Im forever blowing bubbles.....

Is that you Michael?????

057C300D000005DC-4762208-The_cuddly_primate_pictured_who_was_once_dressed_in_identical_ou-a-66_1501877647014.jpg

The Engineers Room

First Grade
My grandfather and all his brothers played lower grade for Parramatta and even though they lived in Newtown my dad grew up supporting Parramatta. Now it is a family legacy.