What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break out star for 2018?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Like to see Fuimaono on the edge in the backrow. Maybe come off the bench for impact.

I think we are probably a quality back short
I think with Sam and Angus (both 80 minute players) lined up to play second row that Fui would struggle for minutes playing off the bench.

I rate him equally in either position (and he said in an interview recently that he prefers centre) and as you said, we're a bit short on quality outside backs.

When our outside backs can make good metres off kick returns it takes a lot of pressure off our forwards (makes it hard for teams to set their defensive line and gang tackle the twins/Sam).

G.I was always a big part of that and adding Gagai & Fui to that would help even more. I also think that's why Richie Kennar keeps getting a mention. His power running on kick returns would help out even more.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
I think with Sam and Angus (both 80 minute players) lined up to play second row that Fui would struggle for minutes playing off the bench.

I rate him equally in either position (and he said in an interview recently that he prefers centre) and as you said, we're a bit short on quality outside backs.

When our outside backs can make good metres off kick returns it takes a lot of pressure off our forwards (makes it hard for teams to set their defensive line and gang tackle the twins/Sam).

G.I was always a big part of that and adding Gagai & Fui to that would help even more. I also think that's why Richie Kennar keeps getting a mention. His power running on kick returns would help out even more.
So Sam at left edge backrow with Fui outside him in Centres? (Could be good)
Then GI sweeping around the back gives Cody a lot of options on the left.
Who should be on left wing?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
So Sam at left edge backrow with Fui outside him in Centres? (Could be good)
Then GI sweeping around the back gives Cody a lot of options on the left.
Who should be on left wing?
I'm assuming it'll be Kennar, but would have zero issues with it being AJ.

I tend to think Cody just needs strong ball runners (Sam/Fui/Kennar) and he'll create opportunities whereas outside of his kicking game, Reynolds would benefit from having a bit more class/skill around him (Crichton/Gagai/AJ).

I also think Johnston combines really well with Reynolds' short, attacking kicks and that kind of partnership could help balance out our attack which has always been very left edge dominated (Sutton/Inglis combination, Walker etc)

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Makes
I'm assuming it'll be Kennar, but would have zero issues with it being AJ.

I tend to think Cody just needs strong ball runners (Sam/Fui/Kennar) and he'll create opportunities whereas outside of his kicking game, Reynolds would benefit from having a bit more class/skill around him (Crichton/Gagai/AJ).

I also think Johnston combines really well with Reynolds' short, attacking kicks and that kind of partnership could help balance out our attack which has always been very left edge dominated (Sutton/Inglis combination, Walker etc)
Makes sense to me.

Still think we are a Prop short in the rotation.

In 2019 would like to see
- GI maybe move back into left centre and we sign a top fullback (RTS would be great)
- sign another Prop (Walmsley would be perfect)

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Makes

Makes sense to me.

Still think we are a Prop short in the rotation.

In 2019 would like to see
- GI maybe move back into left centre and we sign a top fullback (RTS would be great)
- sign another Prop (Walmsley would be perfect)
If it was up to me, G.I would be playing left centre in 2018.

The AJ/Walker/Reynolds/Cook spine seemed to he'll really well before AJ got injured last year.

But it sounds like G.I wants to keep playing fullback, so I doubt we'll see him move.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
If it was up to me, G.I would be playing left centre in 2018.

The AJ/Walker/Reynolds/Cook spine seemed to he'll really well before AJ got injured last year.

But it sounds like G.I wants to keep playing fullback, so I doubt we'll see him move.
Wouldn’t move GI from fullback for AJ.
It would have to be a top fullback

Rabbits20

Immortal
Like to see Fuimaono on the edge in the backrow. Maybe come off the bench for impact.

I think we are probably a quality back short
Crichton should now be played off the bench imo......

Sam to start the game in back row but to then move to the middle after like 20 mins.....

20mins on the edge and 40mins at prop...

Twins need to play limited minutes as when they become slightly fatigued they make lots of errors:

1. GI
2. Kennar (right wing)
3. Gagai (right centre)
4. Hunt (left centre)
5. AJ (left wing)
6. Cody
7. AR
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Turner
11. Sam
12. Fuimaono
13. Murray

14. Sutton
15. Crichton
16. George
17. Musgrove

18. Farah
19. Jennings/Graham
20. Clark
21. Britt/Nicholls

Veracity

Juniors
New coach, lots of new players, new interesting training system, I think Seibold will have his eyes wide open & will be encouraged to pick players depending on how the preseason & trials go, I’m thinking there might be a few shocks, even early on, we have players with exceptional junior form, players cruelled by injury, I’m confident a few of them might just progress to the point it will be hard to leave them out

De tmTrajic

Juniors

If we are to accept some highly probably selects as below
1. GI
AJ
3. Gags
6 Cody
7. Reyno
There are 3 positions up for grabs. I think we will be ok.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
My side to start the season would be

Inglis
Johnston
Gagai
Fuimaono
Kennar
Walker
Reynolds
Murray
Sam