What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
New anthem
Australians all let us rejoice
for the mighty South Sydney
with Churchill,Satt's and Ziggy
our team has the greatest history
our team abounds with natural gifts
of talent rich and rare
so on every page and histories stage
advance South Sydney
so come with us and let's rejoice
to the mighty "SOUTH SYDNEY"!
Pure class right there man! Haha.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
:joy: Look at it try to suck up :joy:

With Crichton leaving, Walker was surely our next biggest priority. Keeping our 6/7/9 of Walker/Reynolds/Cook for the next few years should definitely be our priority
Cook needs to be left unsigned. Chase a young talented hooker or invest in one of ours in the system.
Ideally cook and Farah are long gone next season

burgibigbash

Juniors
Great news with the signing of Walker. It's a great sign that both club and player have shown confidence in each other and should see Walker have a big season. He is a quality footballer.

I'd be sitting GI outside him. I think they could form a deadly combination and it also helps Walker in defence.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I love the look of Doueihi but is he really ready for first grade? As far as I know he’s only pushing for a utility spot. I know he was very impressive in the World Cup and has been outstanding in the junior ranks but would it really hurt to nurture him in the bears for another season? I think rushing him into first grade is one of the worst things we could do right now. We were desperate to rush Murray, Fuimaono and Graham in because last years injury toll was an absolute joke, but I think playing him as a utility to get used to first grade could be a much better option this time around. Maybe alternate a utility when we think we might need it and play 4 forwards when we think we might need it against the bigger packs. Is he big enough to play in the second row?

Itsamansgame

Juniors
If Cook doesn't cut the mustard this year,I would be getting in Api's ear.
Would love to have him back,he's off contract this year and he's still only 25,I would be dangling a healthy 3 year contract in front of his eyes!

Travitoh

First Grade
I love the look of Doueihi but is he really ready for first grade? As far as I know he’s only pushing for a utility spot. I know he was very impressive in the World Cup and has been outstanding in the junior ranks but would it really hurt to nurture him in the bears for another season? I think rushing him into first grade is one of the worst things we could do right now. We were desperate to rush Murray, Fuimaono and Graham in because last years injury toll was an absolute joke, but I think playing him as a utility to get used to first grade could be a much better option this time around. Maybe alternate a utility when we think we might need it and play 4 forwards when we think we might need it against the bigger packs. Is he big enough to play in the second row?

That would be a requirement for a bench utility imo.
Against the bigger packs, why not try and expose them with a quicker, more agile forward/utility on the bench?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Great news with the signing of Walker. It's a great sign that both club and player have shown confidence in each other and should see Walker have a big season. He is a quality footballer.

I'd be sitting GI outside him. I think they could form a deadly combination and it also helps Walker in defence.
You just watch Cook fire too mate..... he will be allowed to play as he see's things.....

Even if he fires though people in this forum will find an excuse to put him down...

doyen

Bench

To me Doueihi is the perfect utility.
He is 4 kgs heavier than Murray at 94 kgs & has the ball skills of a half/five-eight where he has played almost all of his previous RL.
Because of his skill level{& good size]he could cover all backline posses & also cover lock,2nd row & dummy half.
An extremely valuable player!!!
As for being ready for 1sts;I have no doubts there. He played in a World Cup in an average side & still managed to do some very good things!

Hellray

Juniors
To me Doueihi is the perfect utility.
He is 4 kgs heavier than Murray at 94 kgs & has the ball skills of a half/five-eight where he has played almost all of his previous RL.
Because of his skill level{& good size]he could cover all backline posses & also cover lock,2nd row & dummy half.
An extremely valuable player!!!
As for being ready for 1sts;I have no doubts there. He played in a World Cup in an average side & still managed to do some very good things!

Totally agree and i believe he will be wearing the #14 from round 1 and will keep it all year.

themacemaceman

Juniors
You just watch Cook fire too mate..... he will be allowed to play as he see's things.....

Even if he fires though people in this forum will find an excuse to put him down...

Cook will need to fire this year for his own sake.
He ain't getting any younger and this is his 3rd season with us and he still is not our clear first choice for Hooker.
With all the talk of Doulhi being the utility on the bench Cook is either starting Hooker or spending the winter at North Sydney oval.
I feel if he can't lock down Hooker this year then it's time to move him on.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook will need to fire this year for his own sake.
He ain't getting any younger and this is his 3rd season with us and he still is not our clear first choice for Hooker.
With all the talk of Doulhi being the utility on the bench Cook is either starting Hooker or spending the winter at North Sydney oval.
I feel if he can't lock down Hooker this year then it's time to move him on.
I'm confident he will lock it down...

The Farah signing was a waste of time...

OVP

Coach
New anthem
Australians all let us rejoice
for the mighty South Sydney
with Churchill,Satt's and Ziggy
our team has the greatest history
our team abounds with natural gifts
of talent rich and rare
so on every page and histories stage
advance South Sydney
so come with us and let's rejoice
to the mighty "SOUTH SYDNEY"!

1/10. I gave you a 1 because of the extraordinary length of time it must have taken you to think of all that.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
So do we think we should roll out a full strength team against Wigan in a few weeks or use it to give some of the younger/fringe players a chance to get some game time?

Latest posts