What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RTS Off to Rugby (according to NZ National Radio)

ozenzud

Juniors
It is no wonder the warriors struggle. The current captain would rather play in another sport.

I suppose now Kearney has to immediately drop him as Captain. If I were running the show, I'd drop him from the team and put him in reserve grade for a year. Try and demonstrate there are penalties for lack of commitment. But it won't happen.

I'd just got to the point where I was 'recovered' from last season.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
If this is true then he truly isn't a happy camper at the Warriors. He must regret coming to us. RTS should stick with league as I don't think he can cut it in union. Probably do good as a wing for the Crusaders but thats about it, and even then I'd doubt he'd make the All Blacks. All Blacks don't miss tackles, their defence is king.

Meth

Staff member
If it is true- and I won't believe that it is until he says it is, or there is a more substantial report- but if it is true, good luck to him. He's not breaking contract. He's moving from one hopeless franchise to another if you ask me...but that's his prerogative. I wouldn't want to see him dropped. No way. I'd transition him out as captain, but that's about it.

ozenzud

Juniors
Agent denying it now. That usually means the deal is signed. The original report did say he was playing for the Blues, but surely they are at least as bad as the warriors.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Pretty sure in his first interview after signing with the Warriors he was talking of his All Blacks dream, so hardly surprising if he goes that way

JJ

Immortal
Why the f**k would you question his commitment and drop him?

FFS, he's busted a gut on the field repeatedly - of course he must regret signing with the shit-hole club, with the geniused coaches that made him captain, and the f**ked culture - there's no suggestion he's doing anything other than honouring his contract - sure, remove the captaincy - but that was a dumb decision anyway and probably a relief to him

I get why he'd want to be an All Black, but I'm not seeing him as a lock for the All Blacks by any stretch - doesn't look like a union fullback, nor a centre - I could be wrong, but would he really be happy on the wing in union - and yeah, the Warriors to the Blues - I guess that's a sideways move

I thought he'd head back to an Aussie NRL club where his development could resume

ozbash

Referee
Do the Kiwi National Side have a full back now?

Sort of...
Damien McKenzie , Israel Dagg and Ben Smith sort of take turns.

Skill wise I'd rate all 3 better than RTS...hed make a handy 2nd 5/8 or centre..

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Do the Kiwi National Side have a full back now?
Nightingale springs to mind only cos I seen him there with a few games for the Dragons.

Fusitua is with Tonga.

The now more experienced Lolohea returns to the back for the Tigers I hear. He wasnt one when he was with us but like I said before - hes now more experienced so it'll be interesting to see how he goes there now.

Rapana has expressed interest.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Like I said before - RTS "Captain Happy" and thats based off a few things you guys have heard. A few weeks later now look...

shiznit

Coach
It was always going to happen... him and Ngani Laumapi were always going to come back.

They were both highly regarded juniors in RU that were earmarked for big things but were swayed by NYC and the profile it gave young kids.

In RTS’ case the roosters threw the kitchen sink at his family to get him over.

I could see RTS as a winger... in a similar vein to Milner-Skudder.

spear tackle

Juniors
Whatever happens ,happens I guess. Since hes only contracted until the end of the year hes with us until the end of the season.
I'm more concerned with the guy who signed a contract when he was 15 apparently with his parents who enjoyed the benefits of being paid until he got a better offer from another code. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.
It would be nice to keep Roger though.

Latest posts