What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 home game allocation

Vozzy

Juniors
The NFL has also gotten bad my team last year played a team and 2 weeks later played same team so i assume they are getting ideas from over. Like Thursday night football/Monday night football as an example.

glockers

Juniors
NBL tried the points system for players a while back. The issue was a substantial amount of mid level or even high points players couldn't fit into points salary caps of the teams.

To give an example say you have 15 points left and three spots to fill. Would you go two 6 point players and one 3 point player? Or would you go three 5 point guys? In many cases the 6 point guys ate left with no team.

I can think of one great example - Luke Kendall who was a point guard in the Boomers but couldn't get a gig. He was an 8 out of 10. Teams deemed the rating too high and avoided him.

Clifferd

Coach
It's a deadset faeces for brains designed draw.It pisses me off big time how we can get 2 out of a miniscule 6 games at our spiritual homes scheduled for thur nites.Additionally 1 of our 2 home games that's supposed to b enhancement of our brand in our rugby league deprived rural areas ends up in rugby union dominated NZ.It beggars belief as to how dumb this club is & as to how tiny there rugby league IQ is.The status quo continues re how myopic our administration is !
Consequently & due to the weakness of our spine another long winter for us is inevitable !

the way the home games are scheduled for us it's like they're trying to force us out of using our suburban grounds and using thurs night as a scape goat so by the time they're gone we are only having 1 maybe 2 games each at Cambo and Leicharddt

They finally give us decent opposition/rivals (Manly and St George) and put them in dogshit time slots and expect us to do our best

macnaz

Staff member
A simple way would be the like.
Using Turdesco as an example. If Weststigers offered him $1 million before 3rd party and the Roosters offer him $700,000 plus $500,000 in 3rd partys .. he should have a cap value at the $1million with the new club.

Tiger05

First Grade
A simple way would be the like.
Using Turdesco as an example. If Weststigers offered him $1 million before 3rd party and the Roosters offer him $700,000 plus $500,000 in 3rd partys .. he should have a cap value at the $1million with the new club.

This is the way the cap should be managed.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
the way the home games are scheduled for us it's like they're trying to force us out of using our suburban grounds and using thurs night as a scape goat so by the time they're gone we are only having 1 maybe 2 games each at Cambo and Leicharddt

They finally give us decent opposition/rivals (Manly and St George) and put them in dogshit time slots and expect us to do our best

If your gonna play in the dank little suburban grounds, you cant expect the ARLC to priorities these games for the crowd-friendly slots...

When the game is only gonna draw 12k at best and 8k at worst, the ARLC is smart accepting your the 8k and giving the best slots to the teams trying to get big crowds.

If your not gonna cooperate with the ARLCs ambitions for bigger crowds, you cant expect special treatment from them...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Why?

You are demanding special treatment with the best slots (meaning other clubs will be condemed to the shitty slots youre complaining about), yet you persist with the shitty little suburban grounds.

I thought the point of suburban grounds was that they drew good crowds. If you need the best timeslots AND the best opponents, it sounds like the suburban ground isnt acutally that much of a draw.

If you worked with the ARLC (moved games to ANZ and try to build big event games) then im sure you will get the very best slots. But you just sit in you little sububan park and complain about how unfair everything is and how the ARLC owes you something...

macnaz

Staff member
The time slots are shit regardless of the venue ..and the attendance figures will reflect that. But instead of an ANZ game showing a crappy crowd of 8k because of the time slot it will now show on the record at LO or Cambo Stadium and possibly be used against the suburban ground argument.
Anyway because a ground holds 90 thousand that doesnt mean its ever going to be full so big ground= big crowd is 100% bs.
Rugby league is about atmosphere and ANZ has zero for each and every team that plays during the weekly rounds.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The time slots are shit regardless of the venue ..and the attendance figures will reflect that. But instead of an ANZ game showing a crappy crowd of 8k because of the time slot it will now show on the record at LO or Cambo Stadium and possibly be used against the suburban ground argument.
Anyway because a ground holds 90 thousand that doesnt mean its ever going to be full so big ground= big crowd is 100% bs.
Rugby league is about atmosphere and ANZ has zero for each and every team that plays during the weekly rounds.

Aim low and you are never disappointed...

Maybe central stadiums draw shit crowds in the short term but a commitment to the location and coordination with other Sydney clubs gives the game an opportunity to grow crowds.

A century of Suburban crowds has proven that these 8-14k crowds are about the best we can hope for.

At least other teams are TRYING to grow their crowds. That is why the ARLC gives them the better timeslots. If you are not going to even try to get good crowds, why should the ARLC gift you a good timeslot?

macnaz

Staff member

Maybe central stadiums draw shit crowds in the short term but a commitment to the location and coordination with other Sydney clubs gives the game an opportunity to grow crowds.

A century of Suburban crowds has proven that these 8-14k crowds are about the best we can hope for.

At least other teams are TRYING to grow their crowds. That is why the ARLC gives them the better timeslots. If you are not going to even try to get good crowds, why should the ARLC gift you a good timeslot?
The ARLC couldnt give a f**k about crowds.. if they did they would be doing their utmost to provide an actual media campaign to promote the game of Rugby league. . The effort to advertise the game in the last 10 years or so has been pathetic and almost none existent. .. TV money is the be all and end all.

BrotherJim05

Bench
The issue is simple: ANZ stadium is shit. It was designed for the Olympic games, not for rugby (league or union for that matter).

Why would I fork out money to sit in a shitty seat where I can barely see what is going on. The NRL will never be able to grow their crowds until they re-design the stadium

Clifferd

Coach
Every team needs an AAMI Park. If you’re ever in Melbourne during the rugby league season, you need to see a game there. Best ground for RL imo and just the right capacity

macnaz

Staff member
The issue is simple: ANZ stadium is shit. It was designed for the Olympic games, not for rugby (league or union for that matter).

Why would I fork out money to sit in a shitty seat where I can barely see what is going on. The NRL will never be able to grow their crowds until they re-design the stadium
ANZ is an over sized lounge room where you are straining your neck looking backwards at a TV screen to see what the f**k is going on because the game is 1 km away.
No thanks , i can look at a better screen at home in HDMI with all the creature comforts without falking out $100 dollars from the families budget.

macnaz

Staff member

Oh but they are.. and will do so for the other shit one in an historic ghost town just to make the Goosters happy.. BUT f**k every suburban ground that hosts sports from all codes and all levels from school kids up.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Oh but they are.. and will do so for the other shit one in an historic ghost town just to make the Goosters happy.. BUT f**k every suburban ground that hosts sports from all codes and all levels from school kids up.

If they get it right, it could be awesome. Better seating means better atmosphere and experience, better experience means bigger crowd attendance, bigger crowd attendance means the NRL could safely reduce ticket prices to maintain the bigger crowds.

super_coach

First Grade
I still love the old suburban grounds, but being a old dinosaur I am probably in a minority. I don't go to a game for the comfort or the catering, I go there for the raw emotional experience. I hate ANZ, never liked Parra stadium when we played there, not a fan of the SFS either.

Although saying the above it would probably beat what they have served up to us this year playing our home games at 5 different stadiums and giving our suburban grounds crappy time slots in most of their games

macnaz

Staff member
I still love the old suburban grounds, but being a old dinosaur I am probably in a minority. I don't go to a game for the comfort or the catering, I go there for the raw emotional experience. I hate ANZ, never liked Parra stadium when we played there, not a fan of the SFS either.

Although saying the above it would probably beat what they have served up to us this year playing our home games at 5 different stadiums and giving our suburban grounds crappy time slots in most of their games
I dont think its a dinosaur thing at all.. i have a nephew from the Northern Beaches that now loves WT's and he only wants to go to LO ... probly Cambo as well if it wasnt that far for him.. but kids in an empty stadium provides nothing to keep them interested

BuffaloRules

Coach
Timing has turned out terrible having back to back out of town "home" games in Auckland and Tamworth coming after this rare winning streak....

Hope they can keep it going prior to their next home game in Sydney...

Vozzy

Juniors
We have had so many excuses in the first 6 weeks to lose more then one game just think of the other teams that have had it easier but struggling. We have had:

-Melbourne twice (milestone games and after a loss)
- a bullshit loss to Broncos in a physical game in which broncos didn't recover from and lost.
- played a desperate parra side on a Monday then had to travel to NZ by Saturday and play the Storm.
- had injuries to key players at shit times like the day before round 1 against a team we never beat. Plus 2 of our best forwards.
- players in the bin
- 18-8 penalty count against us.

Really we have had plenty of reasons to lose games but just made it tough for opposition teams to break us down.

Yesterday I think in the 3rd minute manly were on top and the penalty was a bit unfair but we have had worse against us and not used it as an excuse to not defend a bad call or someone getting injured or defending a mistake.

Latest posts