What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

No I do not. Same as Barba or Semi or El masri. Just accused.

Semi and Hazem were charged with assault (and each later cleared).....not just 'accused'. The Barba thing was played out in the media because people involved kept sending crap to the Murdoch press.
There has been no suggestion that assault charges have been laid in the Broncs case. People have read a lot into the reference that there is a matter before the courts.....that does not mean that anyone is contemplating an assault charge.

Glenneel

Bench
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...h-cash-for-semi-radradra-20180202-h0supy.html

The Eels have two roster spots still available in their top 30 and their next recruit is more likely to be a front-rower. Parramatta and the Dragons were two of the clubs interested in England prop Alex Walmsley, but it is believed both have baulked at his asking price.

Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett coached Walmsley during the World Cup and the Broncos have emerged as the new favourites for the signature of the St Helens prop.
Now off market just signed a 4 year extension with St Helens.

hindy111

Post Whore
Semi and Hazem were charged with assault (and each later cleared).....not just 'accused'. The Barba thing was played out in the media because people involved kept sending crap to the Murdoch press.
There has been no suggestion that assault charges have been laid in the Broncs case. People have read a lot into the reference that there is a matter before the courts.....that does not mean that anyone is contemplating an assault charge.

I feel like you make to much sense

lingard

Coach
Of course there is pressure. But every single player has pressure to perform, plus you have a fairly big incentive to perform at your peak, that being your next salary.

Well, I don't have to perform at my very best, week in, week out, whilst carrying injuries, just to ensure that I'll still have a job next year or the year after. I also don't have to deal with the expectations and criticisms of fans and media. Nor am I constantly under the microscope and having to watch what I do and say for fear of being publicly crucified. And, at the end of the day, my career has lasted more than just a few years. I think there's a fair bit of pressure on young NRL players.

lingard

Coach
Do you think it would be easy doing the same repetetive job for 8hrs a day for minimal money. I have seen what jobs some factory workers do. It would be mind numbing.

Some athletes have pressure while others do not. Hayne is under pressure as is Moses or Norman. A lot more then say David Gower.

Perhaps Gower has a family to support; he's not on star money, his career won't go on forever, and if he doesn't play out of his skin every week, chances are he won't earn much money for much longer. I reckon that would be a lot of pressure right there.

hindy111

Post Whore
Perhaps Gower has a family to support; he's not on star money, his career won't go on forever, and if he doesn't play out of his skin every week, chances are he won't earn much money for much longer. I reckon that would be a lot of pressure right there.

He will get 100k as an electrician when hangs up boots.

hindy111

Post Whore
Some say roosters have all these stars and no depth while we are the opposite.
We sure do have depth but stars?

They have Cronk,Cordner,Tedesco. Just off them are JWH and Ferguson who are sort of stars. Along with Latrell Mitchell who could be anything.

The eels have J.Hayne, Moses and Norman. With Jennings,Brown,Manu,
Along with Gutherson and Bevan who could also be anything.

Fact is if Norman or Moses played for the storm they'd have looked better also.
Tedesco or Gutherson. Well if the king gets back to last seasons form thats a toss up right there. Jennings is superior to Ferguson.

People are getting a little carried away with the roosters squad. The forwards lost many battles last season. Cordner has injury concerns and I am unsure if JWHZ best footy is past.

I do not like there squad as much as the bookies.

hindy111

Post Whore
The Roosters in games of one score. Less then 6 points.
14 in total. They won 12 of those. That is a stat I doubt we will see often. It shows they battled hard and none where convincing wins.
They also struggled to best the titans and tigers towards end of season along with Souths.

If they lost cordner or JWH for an extended time I dont even see them playing finals.

Latest posts