What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
Gee, the Telegraph really couldn't hide their agenda any better, could they.

I can just imagine if it was a chairman that they loved was retiring, and all the NRL did for them was buy them a cake and say "See ya later". Next day's headline reads "No Respect Shown from NRL towards Legendary Chairman".

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You fell for it if they were. Or maybe its only 'true' when it aligns with what you already believe?
We'll see won't we, but this bloke has a track record of riding the gravy train for all it's worth. He's been an absolute failure as chairman as well.

whall15

Coach
Don't be too sure Josh. According to Gurr we have less money left than many people think. Makes you wonder where all our money has gone as we have very few stars. Norman, Moses and Mennings on $800k each plus Hayne $500k so $3m there so over $6.5m left for players where none are stars and none over $500k you would expect. In fact most wouldn't be over $300k you'd think (except Mannah who I've heard is paid well north of $600k). A lot of our player's contracts end at the end of this season so hopefully those paid excessive amounts will be adjusted well down to match their performance or they finish their careers.

Gurr might just be saying that to try and have more leverage with agents in negotiation though.

hindy111

Post Whore
Don't be too sure Josh. According to Gurr we have less money left than many people think. Makes you wonder where all our money has gone as we have very few stars. Norman, Moses and Mennings on $800k each plus Hayne $500k so $3m there so over $6.5m left for players where none are stars and none over $500k you would expect. In fact most wouldn't be over $300k you'd think (except Mannah who I've heard is paid well north of $600k). A lot of our player's contracts end at the end of this season so hopefully those paid excessive amounts will be adjusted well down to match their performance or they finish their careers.

What do you think Manu,Tepai,Evans,Gutherson, Scott would be on?I reckon all over 300k

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Gurr is playing games, yeah we probably don't have millions left but I reckon we have enough for another "quality" player as well a a fringe player.

Do you really think we were keeping a spot for semi for 2018, with only enough cap space for a player or 2 on the minimum amount?

Mannah isn't on $600k plus!! BA isnt that stupid!!

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Gurr is playing games, yeah we probably don't have millions left but I reckon we have enough for another "quality" player as well a a fringe player.

Do you really think we were keeping a spot for semi for 2018, with only enough cap space for a player or 2 on the minimum amount?

Mannah isn't on $600k plus!! BA isnt that stupid!!

I recall when Mannah last signed a new contract. It dragged on, and there was talk about looking elsewhere. His form was also at a low. Id say Tim was offered quite a reduced contract to previous one.
He eventually signed after weighing up options. I dare say he didnt get many better ones. Most fans of other clubs laugh ast Mannah. That is what they think of him. I doubt he would of been high demand and the eels would of known this. His previous contract may of been 500k but I highly doubt this one is.My guess is around 350k.
I reckon you could find someone who would offer better value at that price but its not overs for Mannah. Club captain, great morals and person. Sets a good tone.

Latest posts