What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 team

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Ryan was also just on fox talking about it. He said if you were an outsider looking in and didn’t know who anyone was you would say Aiden Guerra was the captain along with Buhrer. Really good to see someone like Guerra, who in years gone by would have been here for a retirement package, but this guy is leading the way in preseason. I got that feeling when Ryan mentioned in the article that Guerra gave the players a spray who had their hands on their hips.

Yosh

Coach
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/328b30c633c183e9366e5388825d4eb2

Not a bad estimate although I'm thinking Ese'ese to start with Lillyman and Dan on the bench. Jacob to reserves and Griffin to start with Levi coming on after 20.

THE BEST 17

1. Kalyn Ponga

2. Nathan Ross

3. Sione Mata’utia

4. Tautau Moga

5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall

6. Connor Watson

7. Mitchell Pearce

8. Herman Ese’ese

9.Slade Griffin

10. Jacob Lillyman

11. Aidan Guerra

12. Jamie Buhrer

13. Mitchell Barnett

14. Danny Levi

15. Daniel Saifiti

16. Chris Heighington

17. Lachlan Fitzgibbon

Ah... Sorta refreshing to see a team made up of players who aren't just raw youngsters and retirement package grandpas.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Ryan was also just on fox talking about it. He said if you were an outsider looking in and didn’t know who anyone was you would say Aiden Guerra was the captain along with Buhrer. Really good to see someone like Guerra, who in years gone by would have been here for a retirement package, but this guy is leading the way in preseason. I got that feeling when Ryan mentioned in the article that Guerra gave the players a spray who had their hands on their hips.

That Guerra comment was the best thing I saw in that article. You cannot be born with that, it only comes from experience. Hopefully the young guys are soaking it up

Hodkinson rejected an offer from Cronulla but another may be tabled.
Manly are holding out on him while they wait re their salars cap.

Apparently, we paid Hodko half of his 850g from this year last year and he earned 100 G so far this year .

Knight Vision

First Grade
Hodkinson rejected an offer from Cronulla but another may be tabled.
Manly are holding out on him while they wait re their salars cap.

Apparently, we paid Hodko half of his 850g from this year last year and he earned 100 G so far this year .
odd paying him half up front, I would of thought there was a good chance we were trying to offload him even before Pearce signed.

Old dog

Juniors
Four man committee, surely results will determine things with an allowance for this coming season to organise and implement.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
odd paying him half up front, I would of thought there was a good chance we were trying to offload him even before Pearce signed.
From memory the idea to pay him up front was brought up mid way through last year with the idea of having more money to spend this season.

If we remain the $1 million under the cap that we currently are for this season, I’m expecting Brown and Moloney to use similar tactics in order to have a stronger 2019 side.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Picked this up off the MS twitter feed....

Our leadership group for 2018 is:
Jamie Buhrer
Sione Mata’utia
Nathan Ross
Mitch Barnett
Mitchell Pearce
Aidan Guerra
Shaun Kenny-Dowall

It would seem that Brown has continued to build on the Sydney Swans model and selected a leadership group, from which a captain would be appointed but that might also be rotated, etc. - I think the way it has established the player culture in the Swans has been a real positive, so I hope that translates into the Knights culture going forward.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
The guy we have employed to work on our leadership also worked with Hawthorne and the Aus netball team. He knows his shit. Also I believe our leadership group was voted in by the team.

Latest posts