What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
If players do have a problem with hook, the only thing that makes sense to me is it’s more a problem with his gameplan.

I think we would’ve heard a story or two about a bust up with a player. Those things are hard to keep under wraps.

Look at Munster/Hunt these things get out and nothing.

mxlegend99

Referee
Brennan wants attack. Sharks want attack. We want defence so the attacking guys go. It sucks but it happens all the time

The test will be how the lower grades go this year. If he is reaping what Cleary started then we should struggle lower grades. No Brennan either he was behind the juniors with both coaches
We want defence... so we sign the worst defender in the comp? Top it off the most penalised also.

And that makes less sense when you consider Moylan and Carty were both supposedly wanted by the club still. They werent pished out for a change of direction.

Gus wanted a coach that would let the likes of Carty and Moylan do their thing. Let them keep their style. Why would that have changed after our 2016 season?

Tronald Crump

Juniors
That's fair but there was clearly a group of players unhappy with the coach. Latu was clearly fall out from that as well since we had to pay for Maloney.

I am not sure so Latu was fall out for Maloney. Remember mid year he was rumoured to be shopped around to the Warriors. Latu denied it but he was spotted touring the Warriors facilities.If you not leaving why tour some other clubs facilities?

OldPanther

Coach
I am not sure so Latu was fall out for Maloney. Remember mid year he was rumoured to be shopped around to the Warriors. Latu denied it but he was spotted touring the Warriors facilities.If you not leaving why tour some other clubs facilities?

I completely forgot about that. Maybe that's why he was used for Maloney money if he wanted out anyways. One more creative player being unhappy isn't a stretch.

OldPanther

Coach
Have a read of that. Just to show we aren't the only team to cut players. Particularly relevant to Moylan. Not that I'm happy with things at the moment but perspective is good.

mxlegend99

Referee
I completely forgot about that. Maybe that's why he was used for Maloney money if he wanted out anyways. One more creative player being unhappy isn't a stretch.
He had an offer from Brennan on the table. So I think Gus picked him knowing he could get rid of him for full value. Latu and the club wouldnt lose out in that regard.

Brennan is clearly still close to Gus. Weve released 3 players early to Titans and willdo so for Peachey if he leaves.

Just a shame Titans and Brennan are getting the better end of these deals.

mxlegend99

Referee
Gus needs to use the Carty money for Munster. Hes young enough and talented enough that the repercussions of who we lose would be worth it. Most importantly he covers the whole backline too.

Let Peachey and Mansour go. Munster would be worth it. Hell I would have him at 6 ahead of Maloney even.

But we couldnt get him. Roosters would outbid us.

OldPanther

Coach
Gus needs to use the Carty money for Munster. Hes young enough and talented enough that the repercussions of who we lose would be worth it. Most importantly he covers the whole backline too.

Let Peachey and Mansour go. Munster would be worth it. Hell I would have him at 6 ahead of Maloney even.

But we couldnt get him. Roosters would outbid us.

For sure. Our backline would look a lot better all of a sudden.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...2266a0c7fc8ff12a8c7?__twitter_impression=true

Right now, the Penrith Panthers plight in 2018 arguably represents one of Gould’s greatest challenges in four decades.

Perhaps that explains why sightings of Gould at Panthers training sessions — out on the field and working alongside coach Anthony Griffin — have been talked about increasingly over the summer.

Gould at training shows Hook can’t coach attack. He knows something is wrong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts