What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Munster

Frank Facer

First Grade
I wished that we would have signed Munster instead of Mann. Since then Munster has become one of the best young talents in the game. Yeah, right now I would take him to play fullback for us. I have high hopes for Dufty and Field at fullback for us, but Munster is already there.

I don't think we will sign him and I am happy to see how Dufty goes this year.

Life's Good

Coach
Sure he is talented but it’s a no from me.
There are threads dedicated to our up & comers that we want to see come through.
Munster had dramas in the young Qldrs Origin camp & the Kangaroos camp signalling a bad attitude.
I get the feeling he believes the Skyhooks song - ‘ego, is not a dirty word’.

Brutalitops

Juniors
He's not going anywhere until at least the end of his contract.

That said, absolutely in a heartbeat I would take him. Very rare that a player would take preference over a promising junior for me, but Munster is certainly part of that club.

BennyV

Referee
So he's not coming. That's agreed.

However, LOL. How is this even a question? Anyone who wouldnt take him is either a troll, a joker or a moron.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Alright I don't know anything other than a player manager bloke I work with has said he simply cannot spill the beans on Munster but something pretty shithouse has gone down. I asked what he did and just shook his head and said not good. Seems like this news is spot on and he will be on the move from the storm.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Sure he is talented but it’s a no from me.
There are threads dedicated to our up & comers that we want to see come through.
Munster had dramas in the young Qldrs Origin camp & the Kangaroos camp signalling a bad attitude.
I get the feeling he believes the Skyhooks song - ‘ego, is not a dirty word’.

He sould give up the drink.
Thinks he's rocky on the sauce

Life's Good

Coach
So he's not coming. That's agreed.

However, LOL. How is this even a question? Anyone who wouldnt take him is either a troll, a joker or a moron.
Not really. Just recognise a self entitled, disruptive d*ckhead when I see one. Trouble under Walters, Meninga & Bellamy so I fail to see why we would take the risk when our coach has his hands full keeping his own head above water.
Anyway, he ain’t coming so there’s not a lot to be gained by wasting anymore words on him.

possm

Coach
Wouldn't be much of a reshuffle at all. You'd sign him to play fullback and we know we have some cap space, don't know if it's enough to fit Munster in (that's another matter). Mind you, if he was to leave, it'd make more sense for him to sign with a club like Gold Coast

There were rumours that Melbourne were after Dufty, sign Munster with a swap player in Dufty.

Is there a link to this rumour?.

watatank

Coach
Pretty sure that's made up.

If Melbourne were considering Dufty it would have been before we signed him an extra year and as a replacement for Slater who will probably retire this year.

Nothing to do with Munster.

ouryear

Juniors
I don't know anything except what is on the Storm's forum... which is nothing. Do they even have any legitimate fans?
Nothing will get that forum active, it's always been a snooze fest.

Even calling them cheats gets polite replies. It's nothing like the Dragons, Rabbits, Panthers or Parra forums, we are the real deal. Dragons No 1

Dragon Revival

Juniors
We should stay clear of troublemakers like Hayne and Munster. If Bellamy can not control him nobody can and he will end up another Carney. Brian Johnston stays clear of drunks.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would rate Munster the 4th best fullback in the comp, if he was playing there now, only behind Slater, Tedesco and Turbo. I think he is much better than Boyd.

We do have salary cap space. We also do have 1 spot left to fill in our 30 man squad. If we did sign Munster, then I really believe that we would have a squad capable of challenging for the Premiership this year. I will say it again, I doubt very much that we will sign him, especially since there is talk of him and Hunt having a dust up on the Kangaroo tour. I think fullback is his best position, but he can play 5/8 and centre well too. He is a very handy player to have in your squad. I like his toughness. I am pretty sure that Millward has said that he was waiting for the right back to come on the market. I doubt that he could have dreamed of Munster being that back. If Millward could manage to sign Munster, he would have transformed our squad into a genuine premiership contender in very quick time. He has already proven himself to be a great opportunist, signing Vaughan and Graham. I still have high hopes for Dufty and Field.

Easts still have around 800K left to spend on their cap next year. Imagine if they bought him and played him centre. They could get him for 400K on their cap and the rest 3rd party payments and still have enough to sign another good forward if one came on the market this year. lol

I think the Warriors should be making a big play for Munster. A halves pairing of Munster and Johnson would look very good on paper.

If Canterbury could afford him on their cap, then I think they would make a massive play for him to play fullback or 5/8.

Newcastle could fit him under their cap. Imagine Newcastle having a backline of 1 Ponga, 2 Ross, 3 Watson, 4 Moga, 5 Kenny Dowall, 6 Munster and 7 Pearce. That looks like a pretty good backline.

I think Parra have space under their cap. I heard/read that they are still in the market for good forward. Parra were apparently one club interested in signing Wamsley.

His nickname should be Eddie.

Last edited:

Pro Dragons

Juniors
A no from me, a bad attitude always wins out over ability.

If Munster was a NSW player would he have been given the same latitude or would Meniga have cut him from the Australian squad? They were quick to pull the pin on another fool Fifita over that stupid offensive wrist ban and Sammy Radradra whose matter was laughed out of court. Does it equate double standards?

BennyV

Referee
Pretty sure that's made up.

If Melbourne were considering Dufty it would have been before we signed him an extra year and as a replacement for Slater who will probably retire this year.

Nothing to do with Munster.
Indeed. They also have Hughes and Papenhuzen, both of whom are very handy players in the running to take over form Slater. Dont think they'd bother with Dufty.

Latest posts