What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vozzy

Juniors
I hope it's not an anti climax like Barba or Carney. Israel folou would be great from a marketing point of view not sure if he will be at his best. I rather gutherson Munster or Morgan

Vic Mackey

Referee
I know Barba won a premiership with the sharks but I thought he was more ‘solid’ then spectacular. He has lost that acceleration he had in 2012 and that was always his best asset. He isn’t a great ball player or explosive runner. Add to that the continued off field issues and it seems a very odd signing if true.

Maybe I’m being a downer but I don’t think I’d take him. I’d rather give Tui a crack at 1, if he isn’t working out then go hard for RTS or Coote who are both off contract. Even better Munster, Gutherson or Latrell and try to get them to ditch their current contract.

He isn’t a half anymore and as a bench utility I’d rather Benji or get a big name center and put Marsters back there

Clifferd

Coach
Tedescos a merkin, but would still take him back in a heart beat. Moses and Woods hell no

In saying that, it won’t be teddy

tiger102

Juniors
I don't see Barb as being a Big signing or a game changer, maybe if it was Morgan than yes he can be a big signing and a game changer. But Barba

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Player swap? Nathan to Tigers, Brooks to Panthers? I'm just guessing.

For my entry in the guess the player sweep put me down for Nathan Cleary. Todays Telegraph has a story (denied by the coach) that there is unrest out Penrith way. With Griffens response about the possibility of Nathan leaving being along the lines of "that is up to him and his dad".

I cant see it being a player swap though. Brooks still hasn't proved himself for that.

I'm dreaming about Cleary and R T S joining us next year. How exciting would hat be!

Tiger Ted

Bench
For my entry in the guess the player sweep put me down for Nathan Cleary. Todays Telegraph has a story (denied by the coach) that there is unrest out Penrith way. With Griffens response about the possibility of Nathan leaving being along the lines of "that is up to him and his dad".

I cant see it being a player swap though. Brooks still hasn't proved himself for that.

I'm dreaming about Cleary and R T S joining us next year. How exciting would hat be!
Was discussing the exact same thing with a mate this morning re the rapid catapulting of us being contenders if we recruited both Cleary & RTS.

There’s no doubt that the prodigious son of our coach would b pissed off at how the egotist Gould treated his old man & the opportunity to b coached by his beloved old man would b extremely enticing.

If we become a formidable team under IC this season I think it’s a given the Cleary’s will b reunited at Concord.

gordsy

Juniors
Won't be Izzy, he doesn't play In the halves. If it needs NRL approval it's probably Quade Cooper but rugby would be have to kicking In a truck load of cash as 600 - 800k for an unproven half is crazy money especially when you think It could stop us for signing Jr Clearly

Clifferd

Coach
Quade cooper reminds me of moses anyway but in the RU sense. From the games I’ve watched him play for the wallabies (call me crazy) he’s a bit of a flat track bully. Good against the shit teams, goes missing against the 1st class teams (All blacks, South Africa, England etc)

I’d rather we wait until Cleary jr is available like others have said.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Looking at the other forum where the rumour started, people are now calling BS on the person who started it. Might just have been a trolling exercise and there is no big signing for next week.

Tiger05

First Grade
Looking at the other forum where the rumour started, people are now calling BS on the person who started it. Might just have been a trolling exercise and there is no big signing for next week.

When it comes to signings I wait until there is official confirmation via the club. People bullshit all the time.

Tiger Ted

Bench
When it comes to signings I wait until there is official confirmation via the club. People bullshit all the time.
..plus we don’t sign superstars !
It’s y I’m always deeply sceptical when we r linked to an elite player like RTS.

I’d b more inclined to believe it if we were linked to a >30 yr old reserve grade plodder !

Clifferd

Coach
We really haven’t signed any superstar quality players ever have we. That’s what happens when you focus solely on your juniors for scum clubs to poach them off you

Latest posts