What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Belta

Juniors
We lost Packer, gained Graham. I think we've gained an advantage, no disrespect to Packer. I think Graham will bring more enthusiasm, do more hit ups, add more variety, and overall put more effort in. He won't be as effective in the power game but I feel if our current forwards stay fresh and a bulked up Lawrie and/or Latimore (Allgood - can't tell yet), a better Sele and Host this void is somewhat covered.
Time will tell. I just feel he'll be a good signing.

Life's Good

Coach
What funny about this is the bent finger. The day he had the blow up vs. Souths he got marched for abusing the ref & pointing the finger at him in disgust. Since then, Graham is still vocal to the refs BUT with a bent finger like that makes it tolerable.
The bloke is an out & out competitor & I can’t wait to see him in red & white.

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
What funny about this is the bent finger. The day he had the blow up vs. Souths he got marched for abusing the ref & pointing the finger at him in disgust. Since then, Graham is still vocal to the refs BUT with a bent finger like that makes it tolerable.
The bloke is an out & out competitor & I can wait to see him in red & white.

Actually what’s more impressive about how he’s handled himself with refs after that famous incident is the fact that when he talks to refs, particularly with contentious calls, he deliberately holds his hands behind his back. Shows a rare ability in a footballer to actually learn. It’s shows he’s thinking about what he does. It’s a friggin long time since anyone in a Dragons jersey looked like they were actually thinking about what they were doing.

Life's Good

Coach
Actually what’s more impressive about how he’s handled himself with refs after that famous incident is the fact that when he talks to refs, particularly with contentious calls, he deliberately holds his hands behind his back. Shows a rare ability in a footballer to actually learn. It’s shows he’s thinking about what he does. It’s a friggin long time since anyone in a Dragons jersey looked like they were actually thinking about what they were doing.
Just like last year I expect us to be in a battle for the 8. The games vs. Knights, Rabbits & Dogs were one that got away. I suspect if we had Graham we win all 3. That’s his on field competitiveness. He won’t have lost any of that.

possm

Coach
We lost Packer, gained Graham. I think we've gained an advantage, no disrespect to Packer. I think Graham will bring more enthusiasm, do more hit ups, add more variety, and overall put more effort in. He won't be as effective in the power game but I feel if our current forwards stay fresh and a bulked up Lawrie and/or Latimore (Allgood - can't tell yet), a better Sele and Host this void is somewhat covered.
Time will tell. I just feel he'll be a good signing.
As it turns our we have the funds to have kept Packer and signed Graham. A prop rotation of Vaughan, Graham, Packer and Ah Mau would have made our forward pack equal to any in the competition. We did not need Allgood and Latimore. Lawrie and Kerr would have been sufficient as backup from reserve grade. A very strong line up of props.

Frank Facer

First Grade
As it turns our we have the funds to have kept Packer and signed Graham. A prop rotation of Vaughan, Graham, Packer and Ah Mau would have made our forward pack equal to any in the competition. We did not need Allgood and Latimore. Lawrie and Kerr would have been sufficient as backup from reserve grade. A very strong line up of props.
I heard/read that Wests are playing Packer 800K a season. We definitely should not have competed with that.

Packer also went to play under Cleary, who he played under, when Cleary coached the Warriors and he will also be playing with one of his best mates, Ben Matalino.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Packer for 700-800k or Allgood + Latimore for minimum wage? I know which one I prefer (the one which gives us cap space for a new outside back)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The bloke is an out & out competitor & I can wait to see him in red & white.
isn't that picture (bent finger) the actual souths match in question?

since that date he's kept his hands behind his back when talking to them..

Belta

Juniors
I thought the reported figures were around 600k a season for 3 years for us and 750K a season for 4 years by the Tigers?

Whatever the true figure it's a shame we lost him, It may end up a good call, would of loved to have bit longer,

possm

Coach
I heard/read that Wests are playing Packer 800K a season. We definitely should not have competed with that.

Packer also went to play under Cleary, who he played under, when Cleary coached the Warriors and he will also be playing with one of his best mates, Ben Matalino.

We would have easily got him for 500k if we signed him in Nov-Jan. We waited until Wests were wanting a replacement for Woods and by then it was all over red rover.

LINESPEED

Juniors
All hail the Antichoke:
Fox in the Dragons' henhouse hopefully
Feathers will fly & the weak perish ASAP
No more of this pissweak jellyleg mental stuff JDB
Go for the throat Big Red
Chokers exit right

Last edited: