What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Munster

BennyV

Referee
It was the Dragons hard nosed defence that won the competition in 2010 . Yes , Boyd chiming in to the those sweeping backline plays certainly put many tries on the board . But the backs had the likes of Gasnier and Morris in it as well . Benny , with respect if you can recall when Kieran Foran was on the market and there was talk that he may come to the Dragons , I also said at that time that I would stick with the juniors .

You replied that you would take Foran any day as he was a proven international. I then went on and explained my reasoning, the fact that the man had problems and that being the case , he was not the same player that he once was . You accepted my point of view then . Now we have a very similar situation with Munster , he at this point in time also has problems and until they are sorted out , he would be in a very similar predicament as Foran was then . If Munster had none , I also would like the joint venture to sign him , as the man does have unlimited ability ,however until he has sorted himself out then there remains a question mark over him , the same one that hovered over Foran's head .

Speaking of which , did Foran have a successful year at the Warriors ? I believe that I was more annoyed that Duffy had only last week signed a contract extension and less than a week later some were prepared to sell him down the river . But as you said in your previous post , sentimentally will not win us premierships and of course you were correct.

Give me a ' clean ' Munster and I will sing the mans praises to the heavens , just as long as we can keep the juniors that have promise . I am not asking you to agree with my point of view, but merely to respect it .
Don’t be so precious Gareth, of course I respect that opinion. Doesn’t mean I can’t be a dick in arguing it.

I heard some of the story that surrounds Munsters ‘issues’ and if what I hear is true, I wouldn’t want him. However, if it’s the case of him being egotistical and annoying without actually doing anything, there isn’t a team in the league that wouldn’t willingly give up Dufty for Munster.

Belta

Juniors
Gareth67 says "...Give me a clean Munster ... so long as we can keep our promising juniors..."

I know this thread is even more preposterous than the Walmsley thread but to hell with it I'm gunna go with it. Now, in the unlikely event that Munster did sign with us on a big contract over 3/4 years to be our fullback. Than we'd effectively have a half (Hunt) a five eight (Widdop) and a fullback (Munster) locked in for a very long time. To me this would all but gaurantee the exit of Field, Dufty, Sailor and leave little funds to retain anyone who really looks promising ie Lomax -

Is it sentiment to want some sort of a junior pathway? If it is than im guilty of all counts your honour.

emu62

Juniors
No Benny , sentimentality will not win us comps. but by the same token why would you take a risk with a player whom is not - all for his team . What I am attempting to say is that the mans ego seems to be larger than the reason he is playing the game for .

He is playing to win premierships for the club that he represents, as such his team comes first and foremost and he himself comes second . That means controlling oneself when playing for his club , state and country , both on and off the field .

It does not take a crazy person to realise that , nor a moron , merely an individual who has seen what a bad apple can do to an entire box if left unchecked .

Don't worry Gareth, your not the only moron on here. I also wouldn't swap Dufty for Munster. Apart from the untapped talent i believe Dufty has, his dream has always been to play for the Dragons.That goes a long way in my books. Now you see i am also a moron

Gareth67

First Grade
Don't worry Gareth, your not the only moron on here. I also wouldn't swap Dufty for Munster. Apart from the untapped talent i believe Dufty has, his dream has always been to play for the Dragons.That goes a long way in my books. Now you see i am also a moron

Thank the good Lord for that ! I was beginning to feel somewhat lonely out here in Hogsville being the only crazy person around these parts . But then something wonderful occurred that brightened my day immeasurably - I discovered that I was also precious - that made me feel a hell of a lot better i can tell you !

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Gareth67 says "...Give me a clean Munster ... so long as we can keep our promising juniors..."

I know this thread is even more preposterous than the Walmsley thread but to hell with it I'm gunna go with it. Now, in the unlikely event that Munster did sign with us on a big contract over 3/4 years to be our fullback. Than we'd effectively have a half (Hunt) a five eight (Widdop) and a fullback (Munster) locked in for a very long time. To me this would all but gaurantee the exit of Field, Dufty, Sailor and leave little funds to retain anyone who really looks promising ie Lomax -

Is it sentiment to want some sort of a junior pathway? If it is than im guilty of all counts your honour.

A big call given that if Dufty and Field improved significantly, the same would apply. But with a swap and salary adjustment for Munster, Field and Sailor would be in the same position they are in now. For example if Field performed better than good, he would be competing with Mann for an extension. As Sailor develops he could be anything and easily fill in at centre, wing or in the halves.

Crush

Coach
For mine a nice clean kill there TRVR
However be prepared for the 365 posts that follow, that totally ignore anything you have said.
Another killer Zomby thread coming up.
This is so spot on. The thread continues to power on with no signs if stopping. Everyone putting in their two bobs worth if they would take Munster. Even though there is no chance and never was that he would be available.....

possm

Coach
We have relied on IF for so many seasons in the past. Munster would not be an IF, he is already a superstar. There have been a few posts reporting that the Storm were after Dufty and so if they were going to release Munster and if this is Slater's last season, it would make sense for them to sign Dufty this season ass their fullback in waiting.

So pickup the phone Millward and make it happen. This would be a deal that would lift us to a top 4 position in 2018..

Latest posts