What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Altered Carbon

azzah72

Bench
Anybody checked this out?

I'm enjoying it, but of a cyberpunk whodunnit that can get a bit mind-bending, violent and there's gracious nudity, which I always enjoy haha.

Seriously though, its a well done show that's quite entertaining.

Timbo

Staff member
Checked out the first two episodes last night - really enjoying it so far.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Managed to finish the season last night. First two episodes I wasn't particularly sure, mainly because I wasn't giving it my full attention, but man what a show. I feel like I need to re-watch the season to pick up on everything but it's one of the best sci fi series to come out in recent years.

I have no idea why it's had such a luke warm reception, some of the acting from characters like Ortaga is a little weak but it's a pretty engrossing show.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Finding it a little hard to get into (only two eps in) but that was the same with The Expanse and I ended up loving it.

hrundi99

First Grade
Seems a bit B-grade after the first episode despite the obvious budget, but I enjoyed it.

Will watch the rest before passing judgement.

Smack

Coach
I love it, about 6 episodes in. Love Cyberpunk. It's getting better as it goes on.

TiggaPlease

Richard K Morgan is definitely worth checking out as an author, the 3 Takeshi Kovacs books are all good reads as are Black Man and Market Forces.

Only 2 EPs into Altered Carbon and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Been a while since I've read the book so I haven't been noticing any glaring plot omissions.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Finding it a little hard to get into (only two eps in) but that was the same with The Expanse and I ended up loving it.
Yep, just like The Expanse I was lost after 2 episodes but then ended up loving it.

So if Takeshi is going to give Ryker’s sleeve back will that mean he’ll be played by a different actor in the next season?

Smack

Coach
Yep, just like The Expanse I was lost after 2 episodes but then ended up loving it.

So if Takeshi is going to give Ryker’s sleeve back will that mean he’ll be played by a different actor in the next season?

That's what I was wondering about

kit66

Bench
I finished this recently and really liked it a lot, can't wait for the next season. A mix of Film Noir and Cyberpunk maybe inspired by the gumshoe movies of the 40's and films like Bladerunner and The Matrix, add some nice alien tech and immortality and you've got one hell of a sci - fi. One of my Netflix favourites is the crime series The Killing which also stars Joel Kinnaman ( Takeshi Kovacs in Altered Carbon the tall buff guy ) as a street wise ex-junkie cop who's one of the most likeable cop show characters I've seen in years, a breath of fresh air after all the ridiculously super serious clones on your CSI's and Law & Orders. I think we'll see a lot more of him, he's got action hero written all over him.
Some hot bodies on display too, Kristen Lehman as the rich guy's wife, jaw dropping !

Misanthrope

Staff member
I really enjoyed the show, although I think Kovacs was more likeable when portrayed by the Korean guy than Joel Kinnemann.

Also, RIP Poe :(

Smack

Coach
The only thing I don't like, is they cut out swear words... why?

Is there any way around this geniusation?