What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
I like it when I sometimes agree with Voss, he's having a whinge about contracts not being binding which is irritating to supporters, which is depressing to the game as a whole. I'm not really interested in the mental aspects of player movements, I care that one-club players are not given monetary incentive allowance to remain so, players not wanting to stay is just a shit happens thing

Aside from the f**king brain dead NRL not being able to understand the importance of team stability to the future of the game it's not an entirely bad thing when players choose to stay where they want for less money. It's not a bad thing that once a player becomes mercenary/temporary he learns to become good at it . . . come back soon Benny B . . . yeah, nah

Sometimes less creates more . . . a good player who becomes great because he stays with a great coach for less, or on the books for less, usually makes more in the long run. Hope I made that confusing enough to keep pests away

POPEYE

Coach
Not because I like Melbourne but because I despise media that prefers to denigrate the game rather than embrace it, I'd like nothing better than to see Munster stay where he is. What Wankerland did to Joel Monaghan for instance was an abomination, I'd love an earthquake to hit the joint

The holier-than-thou Melbourne culture is supposedly on the brink of throwing Munster away and all the clubs desperate for Half a feed, not many that aren't, will beg him for his autograph. Just as Joel didn't need to play more of his career in England than in Australia Munster doesn't need to take notice of Wankerland hacks like Chammas

All Cameron has to do is keep believing in Bellamy, its got him this far and if the coach says bullshit to the media so be it. Munster's biggest problem is contending with stardom, something wankers like Chammas will never have to contend with

Bloke

Juniors
Hodkinson moving on and Cogger not staying past '18 is a relief, nothing against either player but 'it's imperative Brock Lamb stays a Knight. If Connor Watson had a footy brain to go with the Chicken Hawk enthusiasm he might've made an integral spine player but imo he's a perfect #14

Brown will know not to kneejerk, to keep Lamb's learning curve on the up is more important than early bravado, the coach doesn't need to rip, shit or bust, steady as she goes for one more year. Imo Lamb is less a challenge than Ponga but all going well a great threesome should be in place by '19

Only thing left remaining will be to find a top class #9, 14 clubs are looking for one of those since the bar has risen but there must be youngsters out there working on it . . . Boxhead the best of the old school but not a pass mark today
I personally preferred Kerrod Walters as #9 over his brother. Either way, there wasn’t much between them in impact. Kerrod had the mullet though..

You can feel the Knights are building something. Strong Newy is a strong League.

POPEYE

Coach
According to more miraculous media insight losing RTS would do little for Kearney's job security on top of losing Foran. So we are to assume that if a player can be poached it's the fault of the coach, doesn't matter that RTS hasn't set the Warrior World on fire or that swapping Foran for Green was not a masterstroke

Kearney's biggest problem imo is that frustratingly he isn't assertive enough, some players need to be told instead of asked, set aside instead of waited upon. I'm still waiting to see if Steve knows how to win when everyone is on the same track, I'd like to see him try Green as the on-field arbitrator, the Warriors badly need to be cronked up

Now that Kearney appears to have the best roster of his shy career so far we should wait until the cup is spilled before adding to the media muck. If by chance he does make a great coach like the best of them losing a 'big name' now and again won't matter a tuppenny

POPEYE

Coach
Trouble with being a soc you have to accept the inevitable . . . not death, that will be a snack compared to 'reality everything'. I have to record everything I want I see on tv to cover the prime time rubbish and wash away the ads, grown men on facebook and tweeting like birds, even the NRL website is looking more like the Smelly back pages

I remember the one time long ago I entered a RL tipping contest, f**ked the whole season from the start when three including myself fought for the big dollars throughout. I began to hope players would get injured during play, referees would f**k up, mistakes would be made . . . I'm told the Block and shit like it work on the same premise

I guess I'm asking for forgiveness if I don't embrace Fantasy League, what do I know, I've never bothered to find out what it is. It's hard enough for a soc to just watch a game and hope the best team on the day wins, put allegiance aside until after the 80 when excuses are the norm . . . then again, my idea of normal is becoming more abnormal every day and there's no cure

POPEYE

Coach
Escare could be as good as Barba if he played in the NRL, didn't see him tackle but Ben couldn't so that doesn't matter. He did look as slippery, Ben was better fed but against better defenders. Could be Escare would catch the NRL by surprise for as long as Barba did given the chance . . . one dimensional players come and go and come and go

POPEYE

Coach
Good to see the Dogs change 'family', the worst thing that happened to the club was Bullfrog passing away, hopefully Lynne Anderson will be as good for the joint as the 'special' police force is for the area. I'm happy to want the Dogs to return to the glory days of one for all, all for one, won't stop the sale of black BMWs but it's a start

Nick won't be happy but surely he can't have everything, to show his distaste at losing a compadre he might be looking for a forward to dump to make room for Klemmer but that won't worry the Andersons . If the regime returns to what it once was disruptive players won't be tolerated

The most interest for me will be how talent scouts are deployed, a return to the old ways will have no-names turned into new names. Des liked his eggs poached, let's hope Anderson doesn't sit down to the same meal

POPEYE

Coach
Spare a thought for Anthony Seibold, he wants to be an NRL coach and the chance he gets is at a club where everyone is walking on f**king eggshells. Inglis's state of mind has the joint in a state of flux, methinks Anthony is more worried about where Greg wants to play than if he plays

Like I've said many times Inglis turns like the Titanic, no Supercoach in his right mind would play him at Fullback if he didn't have to. There is now an inkling that common sense may prevail, Johnston is to 'play #1 while Inglis readies himself', in the meantime the coach has to 'make do'

Seibold has to please people who have no right to give their blessing, he's got a physically fragile #7, a mentally fragile #1, a frustrated #6 and a f**k knows who #9. The best thing for Inglis would be to tell him he's not expected to play Fullback, his brain is rattled because he knows he's not up to it but Wankerland says he must

POPEYE

Coach
Scapegoats are already being nominated for sacrifice and the season has yet to begin, there is connivery, desperation and arse covering involved but reasons aside there will be blood letting by at least one club. Ivan has given Brooks control over the team, if that doesn't go pear shaped no-one will be more surprised than Ivan . . . he wants an excuse to implement fait accompli

Benny throwing the keys to Milford is akin to Pontius washing his hands, only a believer would imagine Milford could carry the cross for 80 and if he falls it won't be anyone's fault but his . . . gotta love Benny. Not sure that Sticky won't be relieved there is no substitute for his footy brain #9, if he'd bought Cronk and failed it would be the end of the road

Not even Pearce is expected to wave a magic wand, Brown won't offer him up as an excuse if a miracle is not forthcoming, hopefully Mary doesn't expect Hunt to single handedly save him. Supporters of those teams posted up as one-man bands should question the reason . . . get rugged up for a bleak season

POPEYE

Coach
No, not all, only Wankerland would crucify a bloke for dropping a ball . . . Slater's dropped a few, didn't stop him becoming the greatest Fullback of all time

I don't think Mary is relying on Hunt to save the Dragons, methinks he is relying on him to inspire the step up to 26 round footy

POPEYE

Coach
Nowadays everyone concedes Qld is the real home of RL, not Ch9, way back when Qldrs who played 1st Grade in NSW weren't allowed to play for their state witches were still burnt at the stake out of fear of redemption. Even though NSW selection politics many years ago made me a turncoat some of the bragging from Brisbane is f**king cringeworthy

Justin Hodges, who is about as sharp as a donkey's dick, claiming that 'Brisbane is a one-team town' and pointing out how much better the crowds at Suncorp are must have Benny shaking his head. The last thing he wants is to remind everyone how ludicrous it is to show the NRL how f**king dumb it is. If there was another team in Brisbane Benny would be far worse off than he is now

Another team in Brisbane would make Qld even stronger because it would be another attraction for budding champions . . . maybe that's why the NRL is hesitant . . . but everything about the Broncos, their state of the art everything, would be jeopardised. When Hodges warns Bird of what the Broncos expect from him maybe he should be warned not to remind everyone else

POPEYE

Coach
Other than Ivan proving his astuteness just by unloading Moses Suli the only thing worth a mention today is the Storm TV WCC press conference. Bellamy again willing to 'um' and 'ah' for a dozen minutes because the media are like someone else's children he can't chastise, Smith as diplomatic as ever

Brian McDermott was the one of most interest however, he handled the usual dumb questions the best he could, has to be difficult to speak in crayon. The video came under the heading 'Leeds furious over two referees' but I missed any mention made of it, Brian looked to be in control

He apparently conceded the NRL couldn't possibly allow one referee, even if the team that has to undergo the most hardship should be shown the most leniency, the Poms don't allow two refs when the game is played in England . . . their excuse of the ESL teams like to play footy with as little interference from the ref as possible doesn't make sense does it

That aside, the NRL can't again risk showcasing how much better RL is with only one ref, to be fair the game should be refereed by Bentham to give Leeds a fair go considering their disadvantage . . . I won't mind if the referees showpony enough to f**k up the game and Leeds win

ed-grimley

Bench
Nowadays everyone concedes Qld is the real home of RL, not Ch9, way back when Qldrs who played 1st Grade in NSW weren't allowed to play for their state witches were still burnt at the stake out of fear of redemption. Even though NSW selection politics many years ago made me a turncoat some of the bragging from Brisbane is f**king cringeworthy

Justin Hodges, who is about as sharp as a donkey's dick, claiming that 'Brisbane is a one-team town' and pointing out how much better the crowds at Suncorp are must have Benny shaking his head. The last thing he wants is to remind everyone how ludicrous it is to show the NRL how f**king dumb it is. If there was another team in Brisbane Benny would be far worse off than he is now

Another team in Brisbane would make Qld even stronger because it would be another attraction for budding champions . . . maybe that's why the NRL is hesitant . . . but everything about the Broncos, their state of the art everything, would be jeopardised. When Hodges warns Bird of what the Broncos expect from him maybe he should be warned not to remind everyone else
The one team town thing doesn't appear to be working for the Broncos these days - the time is right for a second team in Brisbane. Give it a unique set of colours - I reckon they'd get a tonne of support.

Smack

Coach
No offence meant . . . you need to ditch that Yank spell-check, it's as ordinary as the Mustang and Trump

I will take the Dodge (SRT Challenger) Demon over any shitty Aussie holden or ford

Dodge-Challenger-Demon-01-876x535.jpg