What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
I will take the Dodge (SRT Challenger) Demon over any shitty Aussie holden or ford

Dodge-Challenger-Demon-01-876x535.jpg
That's what too much smack will do to you . . . Yank cars might be a match for Aussie screw-togethers but are rubbish in the real world

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
How good was that, finally a civilised press conference where the tone of the questions asked can be matched to the answers given, all it took was a few extra microphones. Other than the eyes in your head there's no better way to find out what transpired on game day

Without editing or guessing the questions there's no need for Kent, Buzz or any other Wankerland hierarchy to 'explain' what went on, RL is not that f**king technical. It remains to be seen if press conferences from now on will be the same, maybe not, will the NRL think it necessary to appease the media by treating supporters as imbeciles that need 'guidance', maybe as part of the pay deal

Will NRL 360 now become obsolete, can the game start without the analytics and finish without a postmortem, can footy shows just stick to comedy . . . of course LU must remain sacrosanct

POPEYE

Coach
Time to get serious if only for a moment. Pommy supporters deserve a mention, probably because back home they can easily get to any game, they have grown up seeing RL not as just a game but a community occasion . . . such enthusiasm is way beyond anything Australia produces

Even if I did have a men's shed, why would a bloke my age risk his health any more than necessary, the joviality of it could never match a day out in England. The footy mightn't be as technically great as it is here but the Poms enjoy what they have in ways we can't imagine, Albert Kelly heroics are more than enough for the price of admittance

Wish I had the same enthusiasm, I've got to spend a week in Sydney and I'd choose instead to be strapped to a chair in front of reality tv for that duration, at least I'll be back in Mudgee for the Charity Shield . . . probably won't actually go to the game, too much effort for little difference

T-Boon

Coach
Wish I had the same enthusiasm, I've got to spend a week in Sydney and I'd choose instead to be strapped to a chair in front of reality tv for that duration, at least I'll be back in Mudgee for the Charity Shield . . . probably won't actually go to the game, too much effort for little difference

You need to eat your spinach.

ed-grimley

Bench
How good was that, finally a civilised press conference where the tone of the questions asked can be matched to the answers given, all it took was a few extra microphones. Other than the eyes in your head there's no better way to find out what transpired on game day

Without editing or guessing the questions there's no need for Kent, Buzz or any other Wankerland hierarchy to 'explain' what went on, RL is not that f**king technical. It remains to be seen if press conferences from now on will be the same, maybe not, will the NRL think it necessary to appease the media by treating supporters as imbeciles that need 'guidance', maybe as part of the pay deal

Will NRL 360 now become obsolete, can the game start without the analytics and finish without a postmortem, can footy shows just stick to comedy . . . of course LU must remain sacrosanct
80 minutes of football generates 800 minutes of blab from the talking heads.
The late and great Richie Benaud once advised a younger colleague that he shouldn't say anything that doesn't add to the commentary in some way. If only.

POPEYE

Coach
That'll do me folks, I've made a promise that watching every game of RL is enough, having other interests to pursue there'll be no more of the time I have left spent reading/writing/commenting on the game

May everyone on LU without exception have a healthy happy life . . . so it is with just two clicks I'm gone, a pest no more

T-Boon

Coach
No way!
I have been reading this thread for a year. I don't agree with every opinion obviously but it is quality stuff and fun banter.
All the best.

T.S Quint

Coach
That'll do me folks, I've made a promise that watching every game of RL is enough, having other interests to pursue there'll be no more of the time I have left spent reading/writing/commenting on the game

May everyone on LU without exception have a healthy happy life . . . so it is with just two clicks I'm gone, a pest no more

Sad to see you gone, old mate.
Although if you are really gone, you aren't reading this, are you.
So it doesn't really matter.

Latest posts