What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre season vids and Pics

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Just by-the-by, how broad across the shoulders is Luciano?

The anticipation of the new season with our new and upcoming stars is building for me.

As always one’s hopes are higher at the beginning and you just don’t know what’s really in store for us fans - fingers crossed that our collective group of young men do us proud.
apparently been training the house down, hope he gets his chance

getsmarty

Immortal
Triple M Are Getting You To The International Double Header!
Register here.....
s1718-022-wigan-warriors-tour_a4-adverts-landscape_v3_updated-players_pr.jpg

Are you a Rugby league fan?

Win tickets to watch the World Club Champions Wigan Warriors face South Sydney Rabbitohs and Hull FC face St George Illawarra Dragons at ANZ Stadium, Sydney on Saturday 17 February, 2018.

Kick off the new footy season with the International Rugby League Double Header at ANZ Stadium on Saturday February 17. Tickets from $29 here.

Want to be there?

Just tell us in 32 words or less who will win and why?

Please Note: Entrants must be at least 18 yrs or older. Online Registration Period opens Monday 5th February 2017 at 09:00am AEDST and closes Wednesday 14th February 2017 at 12:00pm AEDST. All valid entries will be judged and winner will receive 2 x tickets to NRL International Double Header. Eligibility criteria terms and conditions apply, see Terms and Conditions for details.

https://www.triplem.com.au/win/sydney/nrl-international-header?station=sydney&geoRedirect=true

getsmarty

Immortal
Heart-to-heart with McGregor has Group Seven product eyeing NRL start
Dragons Den News
r0_0_3514_1843_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

THINKING BIG: South Coast product Reuben Garrick is eyeing an NRL debut this season. PICTURE: Adam McLean

ONE object has been at the forefront of Reuben Garrick’s mind during his second preseason with St George Illawarra.

That is securing his debut first grade Dragons jersey – an accomplishment the Gerringong product hopes will happen sooner rather than later.

“Making my first grade debut is 100 per cent my goal for 2018,” Garrick said.

“I’d love to play first grade – it’s been a dream of mine since primary school.

“I can still remember the buzz I got from pulling on the Red V for the first time in under 20s and so to get a first grade jersey would mean the absolute world to me.

“It would be amazing to be given a crack this season – it’s a realistic goal I think can achieve this year.

“But I know it’s dependant on me making the most of my opportunity and grab it with both hands, if and when it comes my way.”

At the end of 2017, Garrick, who played for the NSW under 20s side last season, sat down with head coach Paul McGregor and the coaching staff to discuss their plans.

“When I sat down with Mary [McGregor], we set out some goals for myself, which we have been continually re-evaluating and will continue to do so this season going forward,” he said.

“We both know how important it is to stay focused and keep on track. The training load is very similar to last season but I feel I am coping a lot better with it all mentally.

“With me knowing what to expect, I’ve been able to tackle it head on the best I can, from the word go.

“I haven’t left anything in the tank either, because I know exactly how long it goes for while taking care of my recovery – a year’s experience in the pre-season is massive.”

Garrick said he’s sought to embrace every challenge set out for him this preseason.

“Obviously the fitness as been extremely tough but the hardest part would have to be the contact and wrestle sessions,” he said.

“Every Tuesday and Friday are mainly fitness while the other days involve ball work and those contact and wrestle sessions.

“It’s especially tough when we are asked to take on some of the bigger boys in our squad like James Graham and Paul Vaughan.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5215675/mcgregor-chat-has-garrick-eyeing-debut/?cs=3713