What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Women's NRL Team

RockWheel

Bench
That sounds good in a Yoda way but in reality it is gibberish.
The reasons the NRL are jumping now are the same reasons Parra should.
well unless the nrl is going to help cover the costs it's much more sensible to plan for this next season. i mean the nrl announced they were going to have a new woman's comp, with no sponsors, no broadcast deals, no format (other than having six clubs) and no clubs. bit hard to get a new team going in a comp you know nothing about.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That sounds good in a Yoda way but in reality it is gibberish.
The reasons the NRL are jumping now are the same reasons Parra should.
Well you’d be the expert on gibberish.

It’s just typical Toddles, instead of spending the money on grassroots footy or putting expansion on the agenda he’s come up with this competition which is just tokenism at its finest.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The NRL had a big change of direction about the WNRL 3 months ago because they know something is up. "Crap, got to act now." Why would that apply to the NRL but not the Parramatta Eels?

Are we supposed to accept that the Parra RLFC CEO and board are smarter than the NRL and the AFL.

Pull the finger out.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bernie Gurr knows more about the expenditure and where our money needs to be spent over the likes of yourself and Todd Greenberg.

RockWheel

Bench
Well you’d be the expert on gibberish.

It’s just typical Toddles, instead of spending the money on grassroots footy or putting expansion on the agenda he’s come up with this competition which is just tokenism at its finest.
he was on the women's panel show last year, and he was asked about why didn't the nrl have a plan for a woman's comp. and he deflected by asking rhetorical questions: would the club's be independent or linked with the nrl clubs? who would fund it? what format would the competition take?

he's supposed to have those answers, it's his job. i wonder what's changed between then and now. don't give the clubs no time to prepare and then wonder why they've decided not to participate.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
he was on the women's panel show last year, and he was asked about why didn't the nrl have a plan for a woman's comp. and he deflected by asking rhetorical questions: would the club's be independent or linked with the nrl clubs? who would fund it? what format would the competition take?

he's supposed to have those answers, it's his job. i wonder what's changed between then and now. don't give the clubs no time to prepare and then wonder why they've decided not to participate.
I remember him that night he was absolutely pathetic.

Bloke is a massive myth, he failed as head of football then they give the turnip the top job.

Only in RL sadly.

T-Boon

Coach
Just to score a point GWS should put in a bid to be the Western Sydney WNRL team. They have a netball team and are always on the look out.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I too remember that. He never once mentioned the Tarsha Gale competition either.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just to score a point GWS should put in a bid to be the Western Sydney WNRL team. They have a netball team and are always on the look out.
Why do you constantly talk AFL whenever you try and make a point????

They have a shitload more money to throw away than RL, the media would have you believe that woman’s AFL is the most amazing thing since sliced bread. They don’t mention that no one pays to get in and the poor TV ratings. We’ll see how sustainable it is in 5 years time.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I usually talk NFL. They are who we should be 5 years behind, instead AFL is 5 years behind them and we are 5 years behind AFL.
So we should set up a lingerie league? That’s something I could get behind. (That’s a euphimism)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I usually talk NFL. They are who we should be 5 years behind, instead AFL is 5 years behind them and we are 5 years behind AFL.
We are behind the AFL because of over a decade of underfunding due to Gallop continually taking under in the TV rights. They have money to burn look how much money they have thrown away on the Sund and GWS. A women’s White Elephant is just a drop in the bucket.

T-Boon

Coach
The reasons the NRL are avoiding funding the comp are the same reasons Parra should.

The clubs are not going to allow the NRL to fund something that they are not all invited to. It can only be 6 teams so they can't all get a spot so they have all said no to the NRL funding it.

TheRam

Coach
I wonder if T-Boon or TheRam have ever been involved in developing a strategy for an organisation.

One of the key things you need to do is understand who you are and what your role is. For every opportunity there is a constraint that only a fool would ignore.

Off the back of this you conduct a materiality assessment to determine what is important to your business and then set realistic and achievable targets that ensure you make progress in the areas that are important.

I suspect Bernie knows this better than anyone and isn’t likely to be persuaded by some poorly thought out foaming at the mouth gibber about the WNRL and AFL.

Yeah women aren't all that important to the overall health of Rugby League. So I see your point. Why spend good money after bad to at best be seen to give a crap about women, when you don't need them. In fact I reckon the NRL should charge them for all their volunteer work and double for all merchandise and entry into games. Damn freeloading ne'erdowells that wouldn't have a clue about the game and only suck the life out of watching any game with their incessant gibbering!

Why should the clubs give back to those leaches and sow the seeds for future generations of girls to have heroes to aspire to. Hey after all, they are only 51% of the population. Oh, and there's the kiddies that they help raise too, they don't have any influence over them now do they?

Damn pests! Where do they get off asking for their own competition be funded by the same clubs that rake in millions of dollars that these women spend in their establishments. Who said women are part of the sporting community of our Rugby Leagues Clubs? Junior sports, yeah sure to some extent, but high end premier league status stuff? Na-ah, forget that, let that be the sucker bet that other less successful sports take a gamble on, like that failure of a sport AFL.

The NRL is a powerhouse. Women who needs them!