What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Newcastle Thread

Yes but does a sloppy play the ball give a side a competitive advantage?

sloppy runs risk of kicking it forward and knocking on but just putting the ball down and stepping over it is faster and gives your team a chance to run at retreating defenders which is an advantage

Gronk

Staff member
sloppy runs risk of kicking it forward and knocking on but just putting the ball down and stepping over it is faster and gives your team a chance to run at retreating defenders which is an advantage

Yes stepping over it does offer an advantage, however players are often penalized for a bobble where the ball flips and flops awkwardly towards the dummy half or even stays in the ruck. I don't get that when there is no competitive advantage, the rules award a penalty. Yes it is untidy, but that's about it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I missed the game, can some one post the sabremetrics ?

how did the younguns go ?

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Didn't see the game but what was our fitness like.

Is it too hard to tell a difference.

I am intrigued by the fact our head trainer has come from the AFL in which they train differently to League.

Could it be the little thing that gives a edge this year?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Thought we looked pretty fit. We're under a bit of pressure in the first 20 mins or so, but it seemed our fitness was good enough to handle it.

Actually think some of the boys looked in great physical shape especially Alvaro / Moeroa / Mannah / Edwards / Brown and Peni. French / Hayne looked good in the backs.

Gronk

Staff member
A quick one certainly does.

Yes stepping over it does offer an advantage, however players are often penalized for a bobble where the ball flips and flops awkwardly towards the dummy half or even stays in the ruck. I don't get that when there is no competitive advantage, the rules award a penalty. Yes it is untidy, but that's about it.

Latest posts