What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I'd prefer something like the NFL.

Logo (without text)
Wordmark (separate)
Secondary logo

Would be a great structure....

It clubs wont put player names on the back, they could at least do the big wordmark there. Then a logo on the chest without words.

And if they want to keep the old compliacted one, i reckon they could find space on the shoulder.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I was talking about this on the cowbs forum last week. Our horns logo is pretty tired these days. Whilst I don’t mind when the star and the word mark is removed and just the horns by thselves are used (there’s a trucker hat this year that just has the horns and its not too bad)

A9C94128-C4BF-407E-B57E-99790C986F23_zpswaz08ibl.jpg

i really think a refresh is in order.

There’s 2 paths they can go down. Continue focusing in on the cow/bull element with something along the lines of these

60D28B61-410A-4784-A99F-1A53F7BEE26F_zpsffdivg33.png

AF3AAA42-FE1A-4C30-9CDB-27D05916DA03_zpsvkmpm5wx.jpg

^ i actually think with some colour tweaks (change the red/ black to navy/grey) and simplification this one could look really good

Or the could focus more on the human element of their name with something like these-

29C18371-1EEC-4977-9A4E-123B7BFEE404_zpsbmfbnmmj.jpg

^ this is too busy but just an example of an idea

5C0E2E91-872D-44D4-877C-6777A7D76D45_zpshz4cm1rs.jpg

^^ i actually love this one. The hat looks legit akubra, agressive enough and not too busy for embroidery/merch. I’d love if they went down the path of something like this.

Ive always wanted to see the Cowboys use a black/grey silhouette of a guy on a horse against a sunset (use the clubs blue-yellow to form the sunset)

Otherwise, id say an akubra-style hat with the old horns as little crest in the centre/front of the forehead.

sheepbender

Juniors
Warriors home should be black with silver as the secondary colour. Away should be the reverse (as it was from 2003- 2008)

But that heritage one should be their back-up jersey. Keep those three and finally give the Warriors some sense of identity, at a time when they need it most.

God why?!! The black and silver was their worst combination of colours/uniforms.
Warriors should either go back to 95 colours, or keep the black, swap the red for green, with hints of blue like a Paua Shell. And incorporate more Maori design elements.

Zerô

Juniors
A great logo for NQ would be the CRL Bulls logo.

Sorry about the pic, but I can't find a single version of it online

Country-Bull-Logo-610x400.jpg

beave

Coach
Yes.

Like aids and cancer is a great idea.

Glad you’re having a crack though mate.

We have a shit name tbh, I’ve always been in camp ‘Marlin’ as 90% of the people in NQ live on or within 10mins of the coast so something ocean dwelling(the old NQ rep teams were always marlins) would have been appropriate.

images

But cowboys it is. Like a fat pain in the ass wife that can’t find work and is draining your bank account on a daily basis, we’ve made our choice so we gotta stick with it......

no name

Coach
Yes.

We have a shit name tbh, I’ve always been in camp ‘Marlin’ as 90% of the people in NQ live on or within 10mins of the coast so something ocean dwelling(the old NQ rep teams were always marlins) would have been appropriate.

images

But cowboys it is. Like a fat pain in the ass wife that can’t find work and is draining your bank account on a daily basis, we’ve made our choice so we gotta stick with it......
Cowboys isn’t the best name, but it sure as hell is better than the Titans.
Shit name, and for the most part have been a shit team.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yes.

images

I like Cowboys given the connotations of rural, country culture (though "Drovers" or "Stockmen" would be more appropriate for an Australian team).

It is also the perfect name when you want to declare that you are directly taking on the establishment "Broncos".

(Given that second point though, i think the name would have been better for the SQLD Crushers or a rebrand for the GC teams that is directly definied by their relationship to the Broncos; better to be the big challenger than the bitch)

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Cowboys isn’t the best name, but it sure as hell is better than the Titans.
Shit name, and for the most part have been a shit team.

Titans isnt necesarily a bad name, its your logo that makes your branding shit.

What does a gladiator have to do with titans? Are swords really the most interesting symbol in Titan mythology?

The name "Titans" suggests something that is big, powerful and to be respected. Then you see your logo and think "gimmick".....

beave

Coach
I like Cowboys given the connotations of rural, country culture (though "Drovers" or "Stockmen" would be more appropriate for an Australian team).

It is also the perfect name when you want to declare that you are directly taking on the establishment "Broncos".

(Given that second point though, i think the name would have been better for the SQLD Crushers or a rebrand for the GC teams that is directly definied by their relationship to the Broncos; better to be the big challenger than the bitch)

Crushers was a more appropriate name for an NQ team considering the amount of sugar cane farming that goes on up there.

But we’ll keep our original colours and jersey though.......

beave

Coach
Titans isnt necesarily a bad name, its your logo that makes your branding shit.

What does a gladiator have to do with titans? Are swords really the most interesting symbol in Titan mythology?

The name "Titans" suggests something that is big, powerful and to be respected. Then you see your logo and think "gimmick".....

When I think of the Gold Coast, I always think of ancient Greek mythology involving 6 female and 6 male gods that ruled through the Golden Age.......

applesauce

Bench
I was talking about this on the cowbs forum last week. Our horns logo is pretty tired these days. Whilst I don’t mind when the star and the word mark is removed and just the horns by thselves are used (there’s a trucker hat this year that just has the horns and its not too bad)

A9C94128-C4BF-407E-B57E-99790C986F23_zpswaz08ibl.jpg

i really think a refresh is in order.

There’s 2 paths they can go down. Continue focusing in on the cow/bull element with something along the lines of these

60D28B61-410A-4784-A99F-1A53F7BEE26F_zpsffdivg33.png

AF3AAA42-FE1A-4C30-9CDB-27D05916DA03_zpsvkmpm5wx.jpg

^ i actually think with some colour tweaks (change the red/ black to navy/grey) and simplification this one could look really good

Or the could focus more on the human element of their name with something like these-

29C18371-1EEC-4977-9A4E-123B7BFEE404_zpsbmfbnmmj.jpg

^ this is too busy but just an example of an idea

5C0E2E91-872D-44D4-877C-6777A7D76D45_zpshz4cm1rs.jpg

^^ i actually love this one. The hat looks legit akubra, agressive enough and not too busy for embroidery/merch. I’d love if they went down the path of something like this.
Made this a while back. Bit cleaner than the horns.

D0BDEFCF-5D85-4517-918D-87CEB1E14545.jpeg 782C821D-FD2B-4BB9-A0F6-45023345CB9A.jpeg

Stallion

First Grade
A couple of good name suggestions above! Just musing that the 'must do' Brisbane 2 franchise could use one of those names!: Brisbane Marlins, Brisbane Stockmen, Brisbane Stallions!? All decent names in my books. Good thinking gents!

GAZF

First Grade
Had the NBL not beaten the ARL to the punch, Nth Qld Crocs would have been perfect.

Gold Coast Pirates was an option being floated around after the Redcliffe drama: coast + MovieWorld.

Status
Not open for further replies.