What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

WellsNZ

Juniors
He's definitely still the best 12 to me, the amount of shit he copped through the year was largely because people love to get on the bloke.

And yep Crotty is too fragile to be trusted at this point for mine.

JJ

Immortal
He's definitely still the best 12 to me, the amount of shit he copped through the year was largely because people love to get on the bloke.

And yep Crotty is too fragile to be trusted at this point for mine.

Yeah, I don't follow union as closely as I once did, but Fekitoa and Ngatai have just left for overseas, so that leaves SBW, Crotty, Laumape and Leinert-Brown... there are others J Barrett and Ioane that want to play in the midfield, but SBW and Crotty remain first choice, there's little chance the NZRFU are releasing SBW early

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Herald reporting RTS is about to re-sign.

A month after they claimed he was signed and sealed to the Blues.

So really......who the f**k knows?

JJ

Immortal
Herald reporting RTS is about to re-sign.

A month after they claimed he was signed and sealed to the Blues.

So really......who the f**k knows?
yeah, until they're signed everything is just smoke and mirrors

Wouldn't be surprised to see RTS stay with league, ATM all he'd be in union would be a winger so whether he'd want to re-invent himself I am not sure - the Warriors is a surprise as there's little chance of success in the short term and not really an environment in which he'll improve - but that said I guess for him it comes down to where he wants to live and how much he can earn

And great if he re-signs, he's a tremendous talent

Scott

Bench
Yeah, I don't follow union as closely as I once did, but Fekitoa and Ngatai have just left for overseas, so that leaves SBW, Crotty, Laumape and Leinert-Brown... there are others J Barrett and Ioane that want to play in the midfield, but SBW and Crotty remain first choice, there's little chance the NZRFU are releasing SBW early

I'm on the other side. I think SBW will be at the Roosters after the Blues have finished.

RWC is at the end of 2019. IMO the midfield will be Anton Lienert Brown & Jack Goodhue. Those 2, as well as Crotty & Laumape will be the midfielders used this year with Jordie Barrett as a bit of a wildcard.

SBW did a couple of stupid things last year in the All Black jersey. Being sent off against the Lions & the penalty try on the end of year tour. I wouldn't be surprised if Hanson has said "thanks Sonny, we are going to have a look at others going forward".

Just a hunch, I maybe completely wrong but...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Where's the accountability with the media? Has Jimmy Smith come out and said I'm a fraud, I got it completely wrong/my source is rubbish/I made it up? Course not, the media just fire bullets at any old target and hope the odd one lands.

JJ

Immortal
Where's the accountability with the media? Has Jimmy Smith come out and said I'm a fraud, I got it completely wrong/my source is rubbish/I made it up? Course not, the media just fire bullets at any old target and hope the odd one lands.
it's the way the world is atm, people like in 5 min soundbites, and the occasional accurate one is lauded

Campion

Juniors
Josh Mansour asking for $400k and Gus seems to be baulking at it.

Not suggesting we sign him as he isn't exactly what we need but interested in peoples thoughts on the figure.. Tbh I thought it would be a fair price for a winger of his quality??

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6412abe074b01f9d66c5d4885980dac4

I'm wondering if him being injury-prone is part of the issue? (Is he that injury prone? I recall he has been injured recently but not sure beyond that). I reckon you don't wanna end up paying someone who can only winger that much -- the marginal returns on paying higher on the other positions is more.

Or, (I'm not genius here but let me try to state this).

I think the 'difference' between a 200k winger and a 400k winger is not as importance as the 'difference' between a 200k front rower and a 400k front rower. I would always go cheap on the wingers to that you can put the money on the more important positions.

BLN2

Juniors
Yeah not for me. Good player when he wants to be fit, but playing for Aus and QLD, his price tag would be way above what he is actually worth on the park for us.

I don't think we'll have much $$$ after RTS upgrades anyway, unless Mannering left.

Omegamanson

Juniors
Are we rumoured to be looking at anybody else beside Papa? Be nice to see how they look to improve on the squad given how well there going at the moment.

Latest posts