What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISC or Colts games as curtain raisers for NRL games ?

The Partisan

With the NRL U/20's National Youth Cup gone I'm wondering if we will see any / many ISC or Colts games used as curtain raisers pre home games for Titans, Cowboys and Broncos ? Would there some kind of financial arrangement if so ?

See a schoolboys match is scheduled for pre the Titans game this Sunday. (Not sure what age bracket).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They're fairly evident in the draws across the two competitions - wherever a game appears as being played at either Suncorp, Robina or 1300SMILES. I think there's about 5-6 scheduled so far, hopefully that increases. It looks like it'll be mostly ISC though, not sure Colts will be squeezed in.

The Partisan

Was going to check the draw in more depth....but meh i was too lazy :p I know Norths have at least one game planned for Suncorp.

Personally not a fan of ISC games as curtain raisers but Timmah it appears you may be. Any particular reasons ?What benefits can you see for the clubs involved ?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think it works well for ISP in NSW, particularly with Fox Sports games as often they'll get broadcast which helps exposure for the comp.

Not sure it works as well for ISC as you could argue it cheapens the comp and with no broadcast benefit it doesn't make a heap of sense.

Only real benefit I can think of for ISC is having feeder players there on site if something happens late on and you need to call on them but that's fairly rare nowadays.